PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Tonight, Colon Tomorrow

DirtySox
06-01-2009, 12:17 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/06/gavin-floyd-to-start-monday-night-for-white-sox-bartolo-colon-moved-to-tuesday-night.html

No reason given for the change.

Foulke You
06-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Might not be a bad idea. Colon's pattern has been Good Start/Ok Start/Bad Start. Since his last start was good, perhaps they think an extra day of rest will help him out?

LoveYourSuit
06-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I think for this reason if Jose is good enough to give us quality starts, I would go with a 6 man rotation just for the sake of giving Bartolo extended rest along with Buehrle (who it appears the Sox want to watch carefully).

But that's only if Jose can provide quality outings.

I think all of our pitchers can benefit from extended rest. Just my opinion.

ChiSoxFan81
06-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Interesting. Well, at least I get to see a different pitcher for my 2nd game.

guillensdisciple
06-01-2009, 01:47 PM
I think for this reason if Jose is good enough to give us quality starts, I would go with a 6 man rotation just for the sake of giving Bartolo extended rest along with Buehrle (who it appears the Sox want to watch carefully).

Wow, I have never even considered this, but it might not be such a bad idea.

JohnTucker0814
06-01-2009, 02:04 PM

NO WAY! You don't want to go with a 6 man rotation... it will reduce the number of games Danks, Buehrle & Floyd are pitching. It's bad enough having to let Colon start every 5th day, then to have Contreras in the rotation as well... You wouldn't have any extended winning streaks and would allow for more extended losing streaks.

Mark me in the NO column!

Rohan
06-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Strange there's been no change on the website yet.

Gavin
06-01-2009, 02:16 PM
NO WAY! You don't want to go with a 6 man rotation... it will reduce the number of games Danks, Buehrle & Floyd are pitching. It's bad enough having to let Colon start every 5th day, then to have Contreras in the rotation as well... You wouldn't have any extended winning streaks and would allow for more extended losing streaks.

You must die.

Cmon people, he's setting me up for it. Don't you all follow 2006 Teenage RomCom films?!?

Rohan
06-01-2009, 02:18 PM
You must die.

You can say stuff like that in like video games. But saying it on forums or any sort of networking site like that is bad. You should be careful.

JohnTucker0814
06-01-2009, 02:23 PM
You must die.

At least put it in teal... jeez!

SSrep
06-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Allows Colon an extra day rest and allows Floyd to pitch the last game of the Tiger series...that's all I see here

Zakath
06-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Allows Colon an extra day rest and allows Floyd to pitch the last game of the Tiger series...that's all I see here

If we bring up someone to pitch the second game of the DH against the Tigers on the 8th. Otherwise, Floyd would go on the 10th and Colon on the 11th, if we keep the rotation Floyd, Colon, Richard, Buehrle, Danks starting with today.

SSrep
06-01-2009, 02:41 PM
If we bring up someone to pitch the second game of the DH against the Tigers on the 8th. Otherwise, Floyd would go on the 10th and Colon on the 11th, if we keep the rotation Floyd, Colon, Richard, Buehrle, Danks starting with today.

Contreras is pitching game 1 of the DH...we're not pitching somebody on 3 day's rest

...at least that's my understanding

Jim Shorts
06-01-2009, 02:41 PM
You can say stuff like that in like video games. But saying it on forums or any sort of networking site like that is bad. You should be careful.

I think that was a play off of your handle...

LoveYourSuit
06-01-2009, 03:02 PM

Read what I wrote:

"If Jose provides quality starts."

Colon and Buehrle can use extended rest.

JohnTucker0814
06-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Read what I wrote:

"If Jose provides quality starts."

Colon and Buehrle can use extended rest.

Yes but the extra rest might actually be a detrimint to Richard, Danks and Floyd... I'd prefer to have my 5 best starters pitching for me!

LoveYourSuit
06-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes but the extra rest might actually be a detrimint to Richard, Danks and Floyd... I'd prefer to have my 5 best starters pitching for me!

Richard, Danks, and Floyd have not been perfect either. You speak as if all 3 are having Zack Greinke type years. Danks looks very iffy the last month. Richard and Floyd have only been good as of late.

If anyone, Buehrle is the one who we wouldn't want to skip. But yet he's is being watched carefully this season.

So June and July, I would not mind going with extended rest for everyone.

August and September, get your 5 best horses and make a run at it.

Boondock Saint
06-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Richard, Danks, and Floyd have not been perfect either. You speak as if all 3 are having Zack Greinke type years. Danks looks very iffy the last month. Richard and Floyd have only been good as of late.

If anyone, Buehrle is the one who we wouldn't want to skip. But yet he's is being watched carefully this season.

So June and July, I would not mind going with extended rest for everyone.

August and September, get your 5 best horses and make a run at it.

Danks and Floyd are still learning/growing. The more starts they get, the more they can learn/build endurance, etc... I think one could argue that they need the starts more than Buehrle.

JohnTucker0814
06-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Danks and Floyd are still learning/growing. The more starts they get, the more they can learn/build endurance, etc... I think one could argue that they need the starts more than Buehrle.

Thats exactly right! I wonder what the stats are on those guys when they have 4 days rest vs 5 days rest...