PDA

View Full Version : If Clayton hits in the 9th....

WinningUgly!
06-01-2002, 04:16 PM
I'm officially on the Fire Jerry Bandwagon!!!

WinningUgly!
06-01-2002, 04:19 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

jklm
06-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Honestly, who could pinch hit for him?

Kilroy
06-01-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by jklm
Honestly, who could pinch hit for him?

Well, we have Mark Johnson or Carlos Lee. Hmmm. Pick your poison...

MarqSox
06-01-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Yeah, I'm one of the biggest Manuel fans around, but it's tough to defend that move. What the heck is the deal with Lee? I know he's slumping, but this is ridiculous. It's like he disappeared.

jklm
06-01-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

yep maybe CLee... MJ was unavailable

GASHWOUND
06-01-2002, 04:38 PM

Mark Johnson? Anywho, he came in for Alomar. And JM could've pinched hit Clayton for Bonds, it would've made no difference today.

LongDistanceFan
06-01-2002, 04:48 PM
this hurts me....... but i am a huge backer of JM........ i have voiced it several times and avoided discussion such as this to avoid getting into an agrument............ BUT.......... i am almost seeing the reason of firing of JM. if that means getting rid of nardi ............ but i think that maybe JM is too soft or kind or think that it will take care of itself............

nardi needs to go!

duke of dorwood
06-01-2002, 06:52 PM
If he bunted on his own with Alomar on third, he should have been pulled instantly-then this post never would have existed. M

RedPinStripes
06-01-2002, 07:44 PM

If Manuel had any balls, he would have ph tony for K-layton instead of manos

RedPinStripes
06-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

That sig is too good! *****!

bradj
06-02-2002, 10:58 AM
Clayton is useless at the plate in any inning especially with men on base. I mean we aren't asking for Garciapara but how about being able to bunt or move the runner(s) along! This is what weak hitting shortstops should be competent in. As for Manuel he makes Gene Lamont look like the second coming. Time to dump that under acheiving crowd and maybe Ken Williams can find a new home with him. Sorry to be so negative but its about time that the Sox stop screwing around and get serious about winning.

CubKilla
06-02-2002, 11:22 AM
Amen..... although I disagree with Gene Lamont,"looking like the second coming." I have been a big fan of JM, but this K-layton love affair is starting to get ridiculous. He sits almost everyone atleast one game so far this season but refuses to sit or even pitch hit for Hitless. Like on Friday (not that it mattered) but runners on first and second, one out, and Hitless is at the plate. Anyone else here use their psychic ability to know that K-layton would finally hit the ball..... but hit right into a DP ending the inning? If he sits Lee because he is slumping, what excuse does he have for playing K-layton? Lee's hitting at least .035-.040 percentage points higher than Hitless and Lee hasn't had the huge fielding problems he had last year. So JM can't use defense as an excuse either. Having K-layton in the 9th spot makes the White Sox an NL team in the AL.