PDA

View Full Version : Lance Broadway to Mets for Ramon Castro; Corky Miller DFA'd

JGarlandrules20
05-29-2009, 11:05 PM
for catcher Ramon Castro and cash.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/05/white-sox-acquire-catcher-ramon-castro.html

Corky has been designated for assignment
Wes Whisler gets the call up.

GoGoCrede
05-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Wow. I wonder if it's a precursor to something bigger...

SoxGirl4Life
05-29-2009, 11:08 PM
I wish Lance the best. I thought he turned a corner this year. But why a catcher?

hi im skot
05-29-2009, 11:08 PM

David Wright, c'mon down!

chaotic8512
05-29-2009, 11:10 PM

You'd have to think so... the deal by itself makes absolutely no sense.

GoGoCrede
05-29-2009, 11:10 PM
David Wright, c'mon down!

Broadway for Santana is a decent swap (hope I did the teal right).

october23sp
05-29-2009, 11:12 PM
If we ship Corky out I'll be legitimatly pissed. :angry:

Stirrups.

october23sp
05-29-2009, 11:13 PM
I love how they say Cash. I could just imagine them sending 10 $100 Bills to Sox offices.

GoGoCrede
05-29-2009, 11:15 PM
I love how they say Cash. I could just imagine them sending 10 100 Bills to Sox offices.

I just pictured Reinsdorf in a huge vault, sliding down piles of cash a la Scrooge McDuck. :tongue:

SOXfnNlansing
05-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Ramon is nothing special. Just looked at his stats. :scratch: ...but what do I know?

SoxGirl4Life
05-29-2009, 11:19 PM

Stirrups.

Maybe Castro will wear stirrups, too!

Seriously, this trade doesn't portend good things for the Corkmeister.

palehozenychicty
05-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Castro was having problems with Met officials over the past year. He hasn't played much this year, but is a solid upgrade over Corky.

SoxGirl4Life
05-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Ramon is nothing special. Just looked at his stats. :scratch: ...but what do I know?

How are his "throwing out guys" stats? I didn't think Corky was bad in a backup catcher role. I mean, how much do we need from the backup catcher?

Tragg
05-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Precursor to what? The big trade of Corky Miller?

Trade a young pitcher for a 33 year old backup catcher. Terrific.

oeo
05-29-2009, 11:21 PM

Neither is Broadway? Terrible first round pick. Only rivaled in terribleness by Kyle McCulloch a year later.

WhiteSox1989
05-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Is he a BACKUP catcher? Or starting?

cws05champ
05-29-2009, 11:22 PM
It's fitting that Broadway goes to New York. Trade makes no sense to me...:scratch:

Britt Burns
05-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Weird. Is the Corky Miller era drawing to an end?

DSpivack
05-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Castro seems an upgrade over Miller, but he had been the Mets starting C, or at least has seen more time there than anywhere else.

Broadway is a mediocre pitcher.

I don't really get this for either team, but whatever, not a big deal.

SoxGirl4Life
05-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Is he a BACKUP catcher? Or starting?

Forty lashes for even suggesting such a thing! :angry:

Risk
05-29-2009, 11:27 PM
I Trade makes no sense to me...:scratch:

I'll join you in the "headscratching" section with regards to this trade.

Risk

soxfan43
Corky DFA'd and Wes Whisler called up from Charlotte, per the Hardball blog.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/

CHISOXFAN13
Castro has thrown out 7 of 15 base runners, and he is a better hitter than Corky.

I don't understand how anyone can really be upset about this.

Some people just like to complain.

tacosalbarojas
05-29-2009, 11:29 PM

Stirrups.Corky ditched those for his last game..that was not a wise move on his part, obviously.

SoxGirl4Life
05-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Corky DFA'd and Wes Whisler called up from Charlotte, per the Hardball blog.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/

What's the other move? Corky becomes Castro, who becomes Whisler? Wise became Quentin earlier today. We don't have another roster spot, do we?

spawn
05-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Castro has thrown out 7 of 15 base runners, and he is a better hitter than Corky.

:welcome:

Chrisaway
What's the other move? Corky becomes Castro, who becomes Whisler? Wise became Quentin earlier today. We don't have another roster spot, do we?
Whisler replaces Broadway.

spawn
Whisler becomes Broadway.

pearso66

Whisler replaces Broadway, who was in the bullpen.

SoxGirl4Life
05-29-2009, 11:34 PM
Whisler becomes Broadway.

Whisler replaces Broadway, who was in the bullpen.

Thanks. I forget about Broadway in a thread that has his name on it. Duh.

spawn
05-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks. I forget about Broadway in a thread that has his name on it. Duh.
The Sox won, and it's 10:30 on a Friday night. It's understandable. :D:

cws05champ
05-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Corky Miller designated for assignment and LH reliever Whistler gets the call.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/05/white-sox-acquire-catcher-ramon-castro.html

SoxGirl4Life
05-29-2009, 11:37 PM
The Sox won, and it's 10:30 on a Friday night. It's understandable. :D:

Yes, I'm quite giddy! :bliss:

Oh, and wsi is scooping Rongey tonight.

tacosalbarojas
05-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Castro seems an upgrade over Miller, but he had been the Mets starting C, or at least has seen more time there than anywhere else.

Broadway is a mediocre pitcher.

I don't really get this for either team, but whatever, not a big deal.
Castro is listed at 6'3", 258 lbs...whew, big boy. Guess he won't befall a Jamie Burke like ending at the hands of Torii Hunter.

spawn
05-29-2009, 11:39 PM

Oh, and wsi is scooping Rongey tonight.
It's funny. I learned when I first started posting here that WSI usually scoops most of the local media outlets.

DrCrawdad
05-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Ramon Castro's Wiki is already updated. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram%C3%B3n_Castro)

cards press box
05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
I wish Lance the best. I thought he turned a corner this year. But why a catcher?

A.J. is 32 and was likely to play too many games this year. Ramon Castro is definitely an upgrade at back up catcher over Corky Miller. Castro will likely continue to be A.J.'s caddy until Tyler Flowers reaches Chicago.

Neither is Broadway? Terrible first round pick. Only rivaled in terribleness by Kyle McCulloch a year later.

Duane Schaefer had a knack for drafting so-called "safe" picks like Broadway and McCulloch who didn't have big upside but were supposed to be back of the rotation guys. KW turned the corner when he fired Schaefer and hired Buddy Bell to run the minor league system. I prefer to see the Sox roll the dice and pick guys who have a chance to be great. Schaefer's philosophy seemed to guarantee mediocrity.

In any event, Broadway didn't have a lot of upside and probably wouldn't be on the Sox roster within a year or two. By trading him to the Mets, the Sox filled a need and gave Broadway a chance to catch on in the NL. Sounds like a good deal to me.

. The problem with those

Frankfan4life
05-29-2009, 11:42 PM

Oh, and wsi is scooping Rongey tonight.Yeah, I know the feeling and it's totally cool! :gulp:

SoxGirl4Life
05-29-2009, 11:43 PM
According to Jon Heyman's twitter, Broadway was one of the PTBNL in the Peavy trade

SoxGirl4Life
05-29-2009, 11:45 PM
It's funny. I learned when I first started posting here that WSI usually scoops most of the local media outlets.

This is the first place I look when I want to confirm any Sox news.

Sargeant79
05-29-2009, 11:46 PM
I think it's a head scratcher as well, but only because I'm surprised that this an area that KW thought we needed to address. Broadway is going to be a serviceable middle reliever at best, and Castro is an upgrade over Corky Miller, but it's not like we were hurting at backup catcher.

Oh well. It's an upgrade at one spot, so cool, I guess.

CashMan
05-29-2009, 11:47 PM
I think I get the trade and DFA. Corkey wore 44, the Sox are scouting Oswalt who wears 44. I think you can put this together!

chisox77
05-29-2009, 11:51 PM
I think this is an okay deal - better backup catcher. I always wanted to see Lance Broadway succeed here, but maybe he will have that chance with the Mets.

Konerko05
05-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Why are some people so confused about this deal?

The Sox didn't feel Miller was good enough so they made a trade for a better backup catcher.

Broadway is garbage. His stuff is marginal and he pretty much wrote his ticket out of this organization when he refused an invitation to travel with the team through the playoffs last year. I was surprised he actually made his way onto the White Sox this season, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

russ99
05-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Corky had a good spring and a nice start, but had been tailing off lately. This move can't hurt, but I'm not sure if it will help that much either. But if we can get out of Castro what he did for the Mets in 2007, this would be a great move.

Maybe the deal is more to give Whistler a much-deserved shot than to ditch Corky. Also, was Broadway out of options? That would explain it a little more.

AlleghenySoxFan
05-29-2009, 11:56 PM
the move is probably because we have been terrible at throwing runners out.
our catchers have only thrown out 4 and have been stolen on 41 times.

Tragg
05-29-2009, 11:57 PM
If this dude can really throw out runners, then that should be useful.

Gavin
05-29-2009, 11:59 PM
That's great that he can throw out runners, but if the Sox start AJ 80%+ of the time, then what's the point?

ChiSoxGirl
05-30-2009, 12:00 AM
I liked Corky Miller and thought he was a nice addition to the ballclub. :dunno: I'm not sure I get this DFA.

getonbckthr
05-30-2009, 12:06 AM
The stolen bases wasnt the fault of the catchers its the pitchers.

DrCrawdad
05-30-2009, 12:11 AM
I liked Corky Miller and thought he was a nice addition to the ballclub. :dunno: I'm not sure I get this DFA.

I was a bit baffled by the move too. However it looks like the Sox have acquired a better defensive catcher who hits a bit better than Corky.

voodoochile
05-30-2009, 12:20 AM
He's been sucking horribly for quite a while now. He started out okay, but then fell off the planet...

Oh and sometime in the next week they are going to bring up Contreras at that point the worst arm in the pen goes away. That's Broadway. It's pretty easy to see why he got traded...

WhiteSox5187
05-30-2009, 12:27 AM
I hate this trade and here's why: Corky Miller wears (or wore is perhaps the better word) stirrups. We've traded a guy with stirrups for a guy without stirrups, that's a bad trade any way you look at it.

hi im skot
05-30-2009, 12:39 AM
I hate this trade and here's why: Corky Miller wears (or wore is perhaps the better word) stirrups. We've traded a guy with stirrups for a guy without stirrups, that's a bad trade any way you look at it.

Exactly, though the HIGH stirrups he wore in Anaheim were disappointing.

hi im skot
05-30-2009, 12:41 AM
By the way, the wonderful Sox Machine has some info on Castro:

33 years old, right-handed.
Has hit lefties well the past three years (.275/.341/.467), and can hang with righties (.249/.314/.464).
Has thrown out seven of 15 runners this year (http://www.metsblog.com/2009/05/29/buzz-mets-looking-to-trade-ramon-castro/), although it's inconsistent with three poor seasons before it.
Played on the 2003 Marlins with Ozzie Guillen.
Pleaded no contest to an indecent assault charge in 2004 (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1934609).

Linky. (http://soxmachine.com/blogs/soxmachine/archive/2009/05/30/16228.aspx)

BlackSox
05-30-2009, 12:45 AM
the worst arm in the pen goes away. That's Broadway

At the risk of splitting hairs, I think that honor goes to Gobble.

Big D
05-30-2009, 12:46 AM
I have not heard good things about Castro. According to Jon Heyman, Castro actually turned down a chance to become a starter a few years ago because he supposedly preferred to go out and party after games. I guess he'll be happy here as a backup.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_heyman/05/01/arod.scoop/1.html

hi im skot
05-30-2009, 12:48 AM
I have not heard good things about Castro. According to Jon Heyman, Castro actually turned down a chance to become a starter a few years ago because he preferred to go out and party after games. I guess he'll be happy here as a backup.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_heyman/05/01/arod.scoop/1.html

The man has priorities!

thomas35forever
05-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Don't understand why we gave up on Corky after less than two months, but if Castro is better, I'll take it. A little sad to see Lance go, but I'm sure he'll make it big somewhere.

slavko
05-30-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm not unhappy to see Kenny man up and admit his mistake by turning Lance loose. Lance needs pinpoint control and a trick pitch if he is going to stick in MLB. Right now he's good at centering the ball. Best wishes to Mets' coaching and to Lance.

JB98
05-30-2009, 12:58 AM
I like the move. Castro is better than Miller, both behind the plate and with the lumber. I won't miss Broadway. I've never been impressed with his stuff.

BleacherBandit
05-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Is it unknowledgeble of me to forget that Broadway was even up here in Chicago? I can't ever remember using him this year.

SoxSpeed22
05-30-2009, 01:29 AM
Is it unknowledgeble of me to forget that Broadway was even up here in Chicago? I can't ever remember using him this year.He was used mostly in blowouts, which consequently turned into bigger blowouts by the time he was done. Hopefully Castro can do everything Toby Hall was supposed to do when we first signed him.

DrCrawdad
05-30-2009, 01:31 AM
He was used mostly in blowouts, which consequently turned into bigger blowouts by the time he was done. Hopefully Castro can do everything Toby Hall was supposed to do when we first signed him.

Minus pie to the face stuff.

MeteorsSox4367
05-30-2009, 02:26 AM
Who starts the Corky Miller appreciation thread?

DumpJerry
05-30-2009, 02:51 AM
Who starts the Corky Miller appreciation thread?
What about Broadway?

He has a Hollywood name for a baseball player. Now he is playing in the town with his name in lights.

HomeFish
05-30-2009, 03:15 AM
I never believed in Lance Broadway. Look up the thread from the day we drafted Broadway: I said that he would never be a successful major leaguer and that he would never develop the stuff he would need to become one. I have stuck my that line ever since.

But this trade makes no sense to me. Backup catcher does not strike me as a pressing need for this team, unless AJ is about to go on the DL.

oeo
05-30-2009, 03:22 AM
I never believed in Lance Broadway. Look up the thread from the day we drafted Broadway: I said that he would never be a successful major leaguer and that he would never develop the stuff he would need to become one. I have stuck my that line ever since.

But this trade makes no sense to me. Backup catcher does not strike me as a pressing need for this team, unless AJ is about to go on the DL.

What if AJ does get hurt? The only option we have is Flowers. I didn't think Corky was going to stick around very long once his average started to slip.

I don't think Broadway was in real good standing with the organization, anyway. Didn't he stay at home in October instead of traveling with the team in the postseason? Not going to score many brownie points there. I mean, Marquez had a better opportunity to make the rotation than Broadway in Spring Training. I think the Sox have soured on him quite a bit.

Nellie_Fox
05-30-2009, 03:26 AM
I never believed in Lance Broadway. Look up the thread from the day we drafted Broadway: I said that he would never be a successful major leaguer and that he would never develop the stuff he would need to become one. I have stuck my that line ever since.Really? HomeFish thought that someone would not work out? HomeFish being negative? Say it isn't so.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-30-2009, 03:43 AM
I just got home and this really surprised me. I liked Miller, depite his suckage, but he called a pretty good game and had some key hits once in a while. Good bye to Broadway, I could care less about him, he was nothing special. Whisler does worry me a little though. I always felt like he'd be lit up if ever called up, but he's been solid in Charlotte.

DaveFeelsRight
05-30-2009, 06:44 AM
I think I get the trade and DFA. Corkey wore 44, the Sox are scouting Oswalt who wears 44. I think you can put this together!or jake peavy

ms620
05-30-2009, 07:03 AM
I really do not understand how anyone could be upset or confused about this trade. Broadway stinks. He was not going to stay on the roster. Even if Castro is only a minor improvement over Corky, they have improved their team. It is very simple.

doublem23
05-30-2009, 08:19 AM

OH NO WE LOST LANCE BROADWAY, CANCEL OCTOBER EVERYONE, THE SOX ARE THROWING IN THE TOWEL

:gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

Mohoney
05-30-2009, 08:29 AM
That's great that he can throw out runners, but if the Sox start AJ 80%+ of the time, then what's the point?

Now you can pull AJ after his last at-bat in a close game when we have the lead. Putting in Castro in the late innings to try and shut down an opponent's running game sounds like an upgrade to me.

If Castro's bat turns out to be decent, AJ can get a few days off against tough lefties, too. That way, there is less of a chance of him breaking down physically.

doublem23
05-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Now you can pull AJ after his last at-bat in a close game when we have the lead. Putting in Castro in the late innings to try and shut down an opponent's running game sounds like an upgrade to me.

If Castro's bat turns out to be decent, AJ can get a few days off against tough lefties, too. That way, there is less of a chance of him breaking down physically.

Don't bring your logic and well-rationed out thoughts to him, everyone knows if you don't have a 1st ballot Hall of Famer as your backup catcher, you're doomed.

wilburaga
05-30-2009, 08:44 AM
The Mets appear to have a morbid fascination with our lousy first round picks. Ring (for Alomar), Ginter (for Timo), and now Broadway. Stinkers all.

W

Zisk77
05-30-2009, 08:50 AM
I can just see the article now. "Sox trade proven workhorse for journeymen backup catcher" - Phil Rogers :redneck

voodoochile
05-30-2009, 09:26 AM
He was used mostly in blowouts, which consequently turned into bigger blowouts by the time he was done. Hopefully Castro can do everything Toby Hall was supposed to do when we first signed him.

Broadway had actually had some real nice outings prior to the 20 run game. I agree with most of the posters, he's a mopup guy and nothing special, but he's looked better this year. Of course every single game he pitched in the Sox lost, so maybe he was traded for superstitious reasons too... :D:

Don't bring your logic and well-rationed out thoughts to him, everyone knows if you don't have a 1st ballot Hall of Famer as your backup catcher, you're doomed.

Just to be picky, you wouldn't do this because if Castro then got hurt you'd be screwed. BU catchers are rarely used as PH or defensive replacements in close games because no one carries 3 catchers. I really don't want to see Jason Nix (or whoever) behind the plate (though I'm sure BA could do it...)

Viva Medias B's
05-30-2009, 10:03 AM

Carlos Beltran?

DSpivack
05-30-2009, 10:25 AM
What about Broadway?

He has a Hollywood name for a baseball player. Now he is playing in the town with his name in lights.

Almost. Looks like he'll be playing for their AAA team in Buffalo.

Lillian
05-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Perhaps what some of us are missing here is that the back up catcher should be viewed as more than just a guy who gives the first string catcher an occasional rest. He becomes the regular catcher if the number one gets injured.
A guy like Corky would not have been a good replacement for A. J. in such a scenario. Castro appears to be a guy who could step in and be the regular catcher, if needed.
If you take out his first 3 years, as a young player, and look at the rest of his career to date, from age 26 to 33, he has 50 doubles and 47 homers in 951 at bats. That's not bad for a good defensive catcher. Does anyone know what kind of game he calls?

canOcorn
05-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Just to be picky, you wouldn't do this because if Castro then got hurt you'd be screwed. BU catchers are rarely used as PH or defensive replacements in close games because no one carries 3 catchers. I really don't want to see Jason Nix (or whoever) behind the plate (though I'm sure BA could do it...)

This is spot on. Ozzie never pinch hits for the catcher and he's on record that it's because he fears the backup getting hurt/tossed/whatever and being ****ed.

DirtySox
05-30-2009, 11:27 AM
I didn't think backup catcher was in pressing need of an upgrade, but I'll take it. Broadway is a soft tosser with little upside from the Shaffer regime who won't amount to anything but a middle reliever. Nothing to be upset about really in this trade.

AJ Ramifications (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/05/white-soxs-catcher-trade-might-have-longterm-ramifications-for-aj-pierzynski.html)

Blueprint1
05-30-2009, 11:39 AM

You say this about every player.

canOcorn
05-30-2009, 11:42 AM
I didn't think backup catcher was in pressing need of an upgrade, but I'll take it. Broadway is a soft tosser with little upside from the Shaffer regime who won't amount to anything but a middle reliever. Nothing to be upset about really in this trade.

AJ Ramifications (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/05/white-soxs-catcher-trade-might-have-longterm-ramifications-for-aj-pierzynski.html)

I hope it's wild speculation on Gonzo's part that the Sox would consider Flowers might be ready to be behind the plate for the Sox next year.

WhiteSox5187
05-30-2009, 12:28 PM

We traded the only guy who wore stirrups! There's plenty to be angry about!

Crede24Thome25
05-30-2009, 12:29 PM
The only time I've seen Broadway pitch a good game was in 2007 against the Royals. He'll probably do better in the National League.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/player/mp_tpl_3_1.jsp?w=2007/open/tp/archive09/092707_kcacha_broadway_8k_reel_tp_350.wmv&pid=mlb_tp&gid=2007/09/27/kcamlb-chamlb-1&mid=200709272235065&cid=mlb&fid=mlb_tp400&v=2&id=602345

WhiteSox1989
05-30-2009, 12:41 PM
We traded the only guy who wore stirrups! There's plenty to be angry about!

You really love stirrups, huh?

CashMan
05-30-2009, 12:55 PM
The Mets appear to have a morbid fascination with our lousy first round picks. Ring (for Alomar), Ginter (for Timo), and now Broadway. Stinkers all.

W

Kinda like what Kenny has with Royal pitchers!?!

october23sp
05-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Why isn't this trade getting the attention the Peavy trade got?:scratch:

DrCrawdad
05-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Notice has been served to Donny Lucy (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Donny%20Lucy&pos=C&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=455113) & Cole Armstrong (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Cole%20Armstrong&pos=C&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=454573) that they have no future with the White Sox (if they didn't know that themselves already).

WhiteSox5187
05-30-2009, 01:38 PM
You really love stirrups, huh?

It's how a baseball uniform is supposed to be worn god dammit! This, coupled with the fact that Nyger Morgan stopped wearing them is a devastating blow!

october23sp
05-30-2009, 01:45 PM
It's how a baseball uniform is supposed to be worn god dammit! This, coupled with the fact that Nyger Morgan stopped wearing them is a devastating blow!

What!?

DumpJerry
05-30-2009, 02:16 PM

What!?
True. It is the real reason why Zambrano went nuts.

Rdy2PlayBall
05-30-2009, 02:26 PM
The only time I've seen Broadway pitch a good game was in 2007 against the Royals. He'll probably do better in the National League.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/player/mp_tpl_3_1.jsp?w=2007/open/tp/archive09/092707_kcacha_broadway_8k_reel_tp_350.wmv&pid=mlb_tp&gid=2007/09/27/kcamlb-chamlb-1&mid=200709272235065&cid=mlb&fid=mlb_tp400&v=2&id=602345His first start last year was good too. If I remember correctly the only thing that went wrong was an error in the field that cost him a few quick unearned runs. :?: Two good games isn't enough though. :rolleyes:

Anyway, all the Sox did was get a better bat for every few games and a way better arm. There is no reason to complain about any of this. Broadway is not a big loss at all.

Whitesoxfan23
05-30-2009, 03:33 PM
I really hope that nobody here is actually upset at this. Broadway was absolutely atrocious. This is a decent deal for the Sox.

Whitesoxfan23
05-30-2009, 03:40 PM
The only negative that I can see coming out of this, is most Mets fans seem to think this guy is a lazy douchebag.

Brian26
05-30-2009, 05:59 PM
The only negative that I can see coming out of this, is most Mets fans seem to think this guy is a lazy douchebag.

This coming from a fan-base that glorifies the '86 team as the greatest of all-time, a team loaded with a bunch of self-admitted cokeheads, drunks and wife-beaters? I wouldn't worry too much about it.

johnnyg83
05-31-2009, 12:37 AM
My Mets buddy says we stole him. He says Castro is a great hitter and an OK catcher.

He says that Castro has never responded to the pressure of a starting spot but kicks ass when asked to play a role.

Rohan
06-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Psht why do need trade Broadway for Ramon Castro when Nikolai Khabibulin is obviously a better upgrade behind the plate.

Sign Khabibulin!!

palehozenychicty
06-02-2009, 01:05 PM
This coming from a fan-base that glorifies the '86 team as the greatest of all-time, a team loaded with a bunch of self-admitted cokeheads, drunks and wife-beaters? I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Despite their private shortcomings, that is definitely one of the most entertaining teams of all time. That is undeniable.