PDA

View Full Version : Should Nardi Contreras be fired?

Viva Magglio
06-01-2002, 03:16 PM
Should Nardi Contreras be fired?

doublem23
06-01-2002, 03:28 PM
God, can you imagine the kind of rotation we would have had if Nardi never showed up???

Kip Wells (yes, he's actually good)
Mark Buehrle
Jon Garland
Mike Sirotka (He was good too, until he blew his arm out)
Rocky Biddle

Un-****ing-believable!

danman31
06-01-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
God, can you imagine the kind of rotation we would have had if Nardi never showed up???

Kip Wells (yes, he's actually good)
Mark Buehrle
Jon Garland
Mike Sirotka (He was good too, until he blew his arm out)
Rocky Biddle

Un-****ing-believable! You forgot Josh Fogg who we never gave a chance. I wasn't upset that Kip was traded because he struggled with us, but Fogg didn't even get a chance. I thought that was poor and look was he's doing. I blame Wells on Nardi and Fogg on KW for giving up on him.

Iguana775
06-01-2002, 05:58 PM
it is not a question of should he, more like will he? i think that as long as JM is here, nardi will be our coach. :angry: :angry:

duke of dorwood
06-01-2002, 06:48 PM
And as long as Williams is GM, we will have them both. Much irreparible damage has been done. Dumping Contrearas is step one in cutting our losses.

Daver
06-01-2002, 07:22 PM
I called for Nardi to be fired in ST LAST season,my opinion has not changed.

RedPinStripes
06-01-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by daver
I called for Nardi to be fired in ST LAST season,my opinion has not changed.

Uhhhhhhh yeah! He needs to be shot , tarred and feathered also!

LongDistanceFan
06-01-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Uhhhhhhh yeah! He needs to be shot , tarred and feathered also! i am sure davers can always use another target for practice......... :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-01-2002, 07:46 PM
When Nardi gets the bad news, make sure he leaves behind that expensive stopwatch he wears around his neck.

:)

Daver
06-01-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
When Nardi gets the bad news, make sure he leaves behind that expensive stopwatch he wears around his neck.

Thats a $40 dollar stopwatch PHG,available on line from Tom Clise Racing.I have several of them.

RedPinStripes
06-01-2002, 07:48 PM

And the mint jelly he puts on the labrums! It's dangerous to any mlb pitching arm! :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-01-2002, 07:50 PM

Thats a $40 dollar stopwatch PHG,available on line from Tom Clise Racing.I have several of them.

You wanna be pitching coach? We may have an opening.

Daver
06-01-2002, 07:55 PM

You wanna be pitching coach? We may have an opening.

I'm not sure I'm qualified,but I do already have the watch......

ChiSoxBobette
06-01-2002, 07:57 PM
Not only should Nardi be fired but after today I think they should be contemplating firing the whole coaching staff - manager on down, I'm tired of spending money to see the White Sox and then only getting a halfa**ed performances from veteran players - Whats with Maggs, Konerko hitting like a sissy, Frank's never going to be the same , This guy Todd Ritchie well I'm beginning to wonder if the Pirates new what they were doing by getting rid of him, and as far as Clayton - what was up with him bunting in an inning we could have possible scored a couple of more runs in with Alomar on third -how about a fly ball , just before Clayton pulled this bonehead play with the bunt Rooney & Farmer were saying that "well at least Royce can't hit into a conventional double-play" then he go's and does that , And Whatever Happened to Ray Durham . I think I said it before but they have to re-evaluate JM as manager of this team , I know Ritchie was pitching well up until the inning the indians scored all those runs but JM just sitting on his hands until we are down by 5 runs is terrible even though the problem started with Valentine's error Ritchie has got to pitch out of it REMEMBER WE GOT HIM BECAUSE HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE VETERAN PITCHER THIS STAFF NEEDED , well he looks more inexpirenced than Mark Buerhle(i think thats spelled right)JM HAS LOST THIS TEAM NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY - AND AS FAR AS NARDI Go's Well LOOK AT IT THIS WAY - one of the best teams the last few years Seattle fired him and their pitching staff is just as good or better and when Nardi was fired I did'nt hear any of those Seattle pitchers crying about Nardi going!
JR-KW TIME TO MAKE A MOVE Or YOU GUYS BETTER HOPE THERE IS A STRIKE

GO WHITE SOX

Jerry_Manuel
06-01-2002, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure I'm qualified,but I do already have the watch......

Do you have one of those wind-breakers that Nardi is always wearing?

Daver
06-01-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I have a camoflague rain suit,will that work?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-01-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

If he doesn't, I'll chip in to get Daver one. I'm pretty sure you can buy a cheap knock-off on eBay. He already has the stopwatch.

Here's all the expertise you need, Daver. Practice telling them, "Just let them hit it!"

:gulp:

RedPinStripes
06-01-2002, 08:17 PM

If he doesn't, I'll chip in to get Daver one. I'm pretty sure you can buy a cheap knock-off on eBay. He already has the stopwatch.

Here's all the expertise you need, Daver. Practice telling them, "Just let them hit it!"

Why do i think daver wouldn't need a stop watch to be a pitching coach? Nardi looks like my ****in hs gym teacher out there. Fat, old, stupid, and useless with a stop watch.

Procol Harum
06-01-2002, 08:23 PM

Hey, he'll need a little more expertise than that. Daver, can you say the following?

1.)"Stretch."
2.) "Run."
3.) "Go shag flys."
4.) "Don't tear your labrums."
5.) "Throw Strikes."
6.) "First-pitch strikes."
7.) "How do you feel?"
8.) (To catcher): "how's he doing?"
9.) "Nice game, kid/Get 'em next time"

If so--and I believe you can--you would undoubtedly be a major upgrade from the Nardmeister--your windbreaker and stopwatch, sir!
:D:

RedPinStripes
06-02-2002, 12:33 AM
It's unanimous! Think anyone important will see it?

:firenardi

LongDistanceFan
06-02-2002, 01:04 AM
It's unanimous! Think anyone important will see it?

:firenardi except for KW

RedPinStripes
06-02-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
except for KW

:KW
What do you guys know anyway? I was a bad ball player turned into a gm by the man i call dad!

:reinsy
You tell em son!

LongDistanceFan
06-02-2002, 02:30 AM

:KW
What do you guys know anyway? I was a bad ball player turned into a gm by the man i call dad!

:reinsy
You tell em son! funny......... whose your daddy....

ISUSoxfan
06-02-2002, 04:40 AM
31 to 0. Sox management has never paid attention to what the fans think, but I think it's time they start, or we should start avoiding the new Comiskey like the plague. It's a crappy park anyway, the noise doesn't stay in, and the team doesn't play any better no matter how many of us show up. We are lucky we are in a weak division and can still win it. We just need to put the best personel in every position, both on and off the field.

LongDistanceFan
06-02-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by ISUSoxfan
but I think it's time they start, or we should start avoiding the new Comiskey like the plague. . but isn't that one of the problem already?

SOXSINCE'70
06-02-2002, 09:41 AM
I was screaming for his head last October.All those shoulder labrums means someone has to pay.If I see him bound out of the dugout once more,I don't know what i'll do.If the catcher can't settle down the pitcher,he shouldn't be out there to begin with!!
Every time I read about Josh Fogg and Kip Wells,I want to puke.
It is sooooooo evident that the Sox gave up waaaaaayyyyy too much in the Todd Bitchie (I mean Ritchie) deal.
Hey,did anyone see Manos' quote in the Scum Times today??
He said that even though he made the error that opened the door,if Ritchie made his pitches,the Tribe may have only tied the game at the worst.
CWS-Coulda,Woulda,Shoulda.

:crede
"I could help this team.Just ask."

:nardi
"Why the *&%$ do I still have a %*$%in'job??"