PDA

View Full Version : I'm accepting nominations...

Viva Magglio
06-01-2002, 02:09 PM
...for new White Sox manager. I'll leave it to the new manager to name the pitching coach of his choice (no, not The Choice for the love of God!)

:firejerry
:firenardi

SoxxoS
06-01-2002, 02:14 PM
It would have been to smart to get Felipe Alou...

jklm
06-01-2002, 02:23 PM
Buck Showalter

Career record: 563-504

Even when he is fired, your club will win the world series!(Yankees/D'Backs)

doublem23
06-01-2002, 02:25 PM
Tommy John for pitching coach?

MattSharp
06-01-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

Originally posted by jklm
Buck Showalter

Career record: 563-504

Even if he is fired, your club will win the world series!(Yankees/D'Backs)

I suggested both of these guys already....

WinningUgly!
06-01-2002, 03:04 PM
I think we need somebody with a little fire in them. Seems to me like this team needs to be constantly kicked in the pants. How 'bout Scrap Iron? I know most Sox fans can't stand him, but pretty much the same thing can be said for Jerry Manuel. I think Garner could be a pretty good manager, given some tools to work with.

Flame away....

Jerry_Manuel
06-01-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I think we need somebody with a little fire in them. Seems to me like this team needs to be constantly kicked in the pants. How 'bout Scrap Iron? I know most Sox fans can't stand him, but pretty much the same thing can be said for Jerry Manuel. I think Garner could be a pretty good manager, given some tools to work with.

Flame away....

Manuel's done a ton of stupid ****, but how about we get some players with some emotion. Phil Garner, isn't going to get Royce hitting, and busting his ass. Call up Crede and get someone up here who wants to play.

GASHWOUND
06-01-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...for new White Sox manager. I'll leave it to the new manager to name the pitching coach of his choice (no, not The Choice for the love of God!)

:firejerry
:firenardi

Hmmm, reminds me of that movie I watched a few days ago "Little Big League" where that 11 year old manages the Twins to a pennant(I think it was a pennant). Where's that guy? lol I bet an 11 yaer old could do just as good as JM. He's a bit older right now, but I see the same situations with our Sox and that team(even though its a movie) This team needs to have some fun, go to Six Flags on an off day and get some unity or something.. It's getting embarrassing...

Just bring in Tommy John and see what he can do... and for manager how 'bout next home game as people come through the gates they put their names in a big bucket and in the 7th inning we draw a name from there and whoever we pick that person would become manager f our Sox...Who would argue with that? That person could'nt POSSIBLY do any worse that 'ol Jerry..

Tragg
06-01-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

I think Alou is like Manuel - handles the young guys fine - keeps the team trying (until recently; but manuel kept the team together last year). But can he bring us to the top?

On the other hand, we require new players - is kenny williams capable of bringing what we need?

Spiff
06-01-2002, 09:07 PM
Why don't we bring in Phil Jackson he can do some voodoo **** or something since he is such a freaking genius all he has to do is sneeze and we'll win the series no doubt...

WinningUgly!
06-01-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Spiff
Why don't we bring in Phil Jackson he can do some voodoo **** or something since he is such a freaking genius all he has to do is sneeze and we'll win the series no doubt...

Now there's a great idea! The Zen-master's triangle offense could be easily adapted to fit into the diamond format. Plus, Phildo will have plenty of free time after tomorrow. :D:

baggio202
06-01-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Now there's a great idea! The Zen-master's triangle offense could be easily adapted to fit into the diamond format. Plus, Phildo will have plenty of free time after tomorrow. :D:

all we have to do is get bonds, payrod, piazza, spivey, chipper, helton, gonzo , berkman , the unit , schilling , clemens , colon , garcia , maddux , glavine , sasaki , rivera , and hoffman to come play for the sox..only then will phildo take the job :cool:

RedPinStripes
06-01-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

all we have to do is get bonds, payrod, piazza, spivey, chipper, helton, gonzo , berkman , the unit , schilling , clemens , colon , garcia , maddux , glavine , sasaki , rivera , and hoffman to come play for the sox..only then will phildo take the job :cool:

Manuel and Nardi can figure out a way to **** that up.

LongDistanceFan
06-02-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Manuel and Nardi can figure out a way to **** that up. i say its alou we get with johns as an asst to him......... we bring up one of the pit coaches from the minors from the double A team........... he deserved a shot for his success down there.....

baggio202
06-02-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i say its alou we get with johns as an asst to him......... we bring up one of the pit coaches from the minors from the double A team........... he deserved a shot for his success down there.....

we already have nick leyva in the syssstem...so he is familiar with the young players...he managed the phillies in the early 90's and did a good job with them...he was a big part of building their '93 playoff team...give him a shot...he's a fiery guy...kind of the anti - manuel...if we are gonna replace jerry id want to go with a opposite personality

LongDistanceFan
06-02-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by baggio202

we already have nick leyva in the syssstem...so he is familiar with the young players...he managed the phillies in the early 90's and did a good job with them...he was a big part of building their '93 playoff team...give him a shot...he's a fiery guy...kind of the anti - manuel...if we are gonna replace jerry id want to go with a opposite personality good point....... but isn't alou one of the better managers out there?

SOXSINCE'70
06-02-2002, 08:52 AM
I'd suggest Al Lopez if he weren't so old.Last I saw he was living in Florida.God,this team sure knows how to underachieve,doesn't it??

:firejerry :firenardi :thankgod

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-02-2002, 12:59 PM
I say we let Man Soo Lee coach them...

no im not serious