PDA

View Full Version : Why Cubs can't win

soxyess
05-28-2009, 04:50 PM
I trully beleive that the Flubs a re a mentally weak team. I have never heard a single member of the media mention this. When Lilly goes nuts the media likes his "passion". When Zambrano goes nuts "thats just the way he is a fiery competator". This team is mentally flawed. They are not able to handle pressure, and they cannot channel their emotions. How can you possibly have the best record in '08 and not win a single playoff game a year after you did the same thing? The odds are almost imposible! Then again all we keep hearing from the media is " this team will be there in october", " they will win the division", blah blah. Has anyone heard a media member make this type of analysis?

Dan H
05-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Zambrano will miss a start because of a suspention that should have been longer. I won't hold it against anyone for throwing a fit once in awhile but but costing your team a start and losing your concentration because of your temper is not good. Zambrano should be a 20-game winner but his slow starts and theatrics keep him from being a great pitcher. Stuff like this can keep the Cubs from being a real contender, too.

Rocky Soprano
05-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Cubssesed much?

spawn
05-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Cubssesed much?
Not at all.

kittle42
05-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Mental toughness! Heart! Chemistry! Bunch of other bull****!

soxyess
05-28-2009, 05:11 PM
The team has talent. When its playoff time they choke, and this year the pressure to win that division is on because they have been crowned div champs since they end of last season, and they are cracking again. Its mental toughness

kittle42
05-28-2009, 05:26 PM
The team has talent. When its playoff time they choke, and this year the pressure to win that division is on because they have been crowned div champs since they end of last season, and they are cracking again. Its mental toughness

It's a different team every season. A ton of turnover happened on that roster during the offseason. Unless your argument is that, by putting on the Cubbie pajamas, one loses all mental toughness they previosuly had, or that the Cubs only acquire players bereft of mental toughness, I am having none of this.

russ99
05-28-2009, 05:40 PM
It's a different team every season. A ton of turnover happened on that roster during the offseason. Unless your argument is that, by putting on the Cubbie pajamas, one loses all mental toughness they previosuly had, or that the Cubs only acquire players bereft of mental toughness, I am having none of this.

I won't reverse jinx the Cubs by saying they're done. But this year has certainly not gone to according to plan.

Too many injuries and suspensions, Lee suddenly looks old, less minor-league backup, guys playing out of position, starters not hacking it, etc.

They could very well turn it around (especially when the wind starts blowing out) or could blow it completely. And I really don't see Lou sitting still for this bush league mentality by certain players much longer... Ozzie would have blown his top weeks ago given the same circumstances.

soxyess
05-28-2009, 08:48 PM
The core players on the Cubs (Lee, Ramirez, Soriano, Zambrano, Lilly) are not mentally tough players. They may have talent, but that talent disappears under pressure

LoveYourSuit
05-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Cubssesed much?

I wasn't here but was it this bad pre-2005?

I think the amount of Cub threads is ridiculous.

Brian26
05-28-2009, 09:49 PM

Honestly, it was worse. I actually think it's died down quite a bit over the past two years.

FielderJones
05-28-2009, 10:06 PM

I don't get it. You have to actually click the What's The Score (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18) link to get to this area that is

to hold baseball posts otherwise cluttering Sox Clubhouse and Talking Baseball. If it's baseball and it's nonsense, it goes here.If a post is primarily about the flubbies... it goes in here.We'll keep all the baseball related nonsense confined to one board so each poster can read it or avoid it as they see fit.

Enjoy Sox Clubhouse and Talking Baseball for general Sox Fan fun and serious talk about baseball. For all other baseball talk, "Hey dude, what's the score?"Note the bold text. Anyone who wants to avoid flubsession as they see fit can do so easily. You're like a guy who walks into a bar and complains about all the drinking.

LoveYourSuit
05-28-2009, 10:16 PM
I don't get it. You have to actually click the What's The Score (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18) link to get to this area that is

Note the bold text. Anyone who wants to avoid flubsession as they see fit can do so easily. You're like a guy who walks into a bar and complains about all the drinking.

Unfortunately, I have to come to this section of the board in order to read about rumor trades and all non confirmed transactions.

I guess there should be a "Mini" Raodhouse for all this Cub nonesense.

Just my thought, sorry ot have offended you.

CubKilla
05-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Note the bold text. Anyone who wants to avoid flubsession as they see fit can do so easily. You're like a guy who walks into a bar and complains about all the drinking.

I love it when you analyze

thomas35forever
05-29-2009, 12:22 AM
I could elaborate about this subject, but since it's late, I'll sum up my feelings with one smilie.
:threadsucks

DumpJerry
05-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Nope.

Soxyess joined in 2006.

FielderJones
05-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Unfortunately, I have to come to this section of the board in order to read about rumor trades and all non confirmed transactions.

I guess there should be a "Mini" Raodhouse for all this Cub nonesense.

Just my thought, sorry ot have offended you.

I'm not offended, just questioning why you're surprised to find Cub threads in a section dedicated, in part, to Cub threads. Yes, there is other nonsense here like trade rumors and MLB 2K9 trade proposals for Kenny to work on. You have to take the bad with the worse in here, and not complain too much.

kitekrazy
05-29-2009, 10:44 AM
There is really no logic for Sox fans to hate the Cubs since they are not a rival but it's fun anyway.

This might be the only place for some to spew their Cub hatred since this is a Sox community. Some people belong to a work place where there are only Cub fans.

So this is their place to vent.

SOXPHILE
05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't think the Cubs have the passion and the fire. They are not "Chicago tough". They don't come to play. They don't bring their "A" game. They're not "Old School" enough. They don't play like the guys "back in the day" did. They don't bring their lunch pail. They need to play more smash-mouth baseba....oh wait, that's football. Lou needs to have a closed door meeting and yell at them. He need to inspire them more. They're too white collar, they don't play enough blue collar baseball.

kittle42
05-29-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't think the Cubs have the passion and the fire. They are not "Chicago tough". They don't come to play. They don't bring their "A" game. They're not "Old School" enough. They don't play like the guys "back in the day" did. They don't bring their lunch pail. They need to play more smash-mouth baseba....oh wait, that's football. Lou needs to have a closed door meeting and yell at them. He need to inspire them more. They're too white collar, they don't play enough blue collar baseball.

They also need to kick over buffet tables. Oh, and they need to win or die trying. Give me a team of Aaron Rowands and Pablo Ozunas over these Ramirezes and Lees and Dempsters any day!!!

southside rocks
05-29-2009, 11:49 AM
They also need to kick over buffet tables.

Damn, you beat me to it. :tongue: