PDA

View Full Version : Lets sweep KC

LITTLE NELL
05-28-2009, 07:00 AM
I feel its imperative that we sweep KC. We come home next week to our biggest homestand of the year(11 games). If we sweep KC we will only be 1 game under .500 and will set the tone for the homestand and the rest of the season. Thats why last Sundays game was such a big loss, we would have been at .500 after the first 2 Angel wins. KC seems to be floundering and we have won 3 series in a row, lets go SOX.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Win streaks are always nice, but winning series are more important. Let's aim for a series win; a sweep would be nice as well but taking 3 series at the end of the month gives a good momentum build going into June.

We face Zack on Sunday - I just want us to look good against him. 0.84 in his 1st ten starts? Mercy.

BleacherBandit
05-28-2009, 10:49 AM
We face Zack on Sunday - I just want us to look good against him. 0.84 in his 1st ten starts? Mercy.

He's gotta falter sometime. Last time I checked their offense wasn't all that impressive. It looks even weaker without Alex Gordon in there. Granted, we weren't able to surmount them before without Gordon, but we were also floundering then, sort of.

kittle42
05-28-2009, 11:07 AM
It's far from imperative to sweep any series in May. That being said, it would be nice.

ChiSoxFan81
05-28-2009, 11:08 AM
I'll take the first 2 and go from there.

hi im skot
05-28-2009, 11:09 AM

:thumbsup:

SOXSINCE'70
05-28-2009, 11:17 AM

Sooner or later,the White Sox have to win 3 games in a row.

I'll go with sooner over later.

ChiSoxFan81
05-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Sooner or later,the White Sox have to win 3 games in a row.

I'll go with sooner over later.

Marv Albert wants to know when the Sox will win 3 consecutive games in a row. YESSSS!

SOXSINCE'70
05-28-2009, 11:21 AM
marv albert wants to know when the sox will win 3 consecutive games in a row. Yessss!

I would like a little warning as well.

Coop'll fix 'em.

palehozenychicty
05-28-2009, 11:28 AM
I just want two wins. If we beat Greinke, so be it.

kevingrt
05-28-2009, 11:57 AM
I just want two wins. If we beat Greinke, so be it.

Agree. And lets fast forward to September, where lets say the Sox, Tiggers, and Royales are battling for first in the Central. It's not like the Royals are going to take a risk like the Brewers did and throw Greinke out on the mound every fourth day.

Point being, Greinke is awesome and I really don't care how we win this series I just want to win this series. If Greinke wins on Sunday so be it. He is top five in the game at this current point, but lets take the first two games first.

guillensdisciple
05-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Series win is fine with me. I am patient enough to wait it out so long as the Sox keep winning.

46 games into the season which means we have 116 games left in the regular season. In order to win 92-96 games (the minimum counts for the division and the higher one is for the higher division win/ wild card win) we would have to go either 71- 45 or 75-41. Using the 3 game rule (which does not equate for each series) we have around 38 3 game series with an extra 2 games floating. If they win every series (sweep series, winning streaks, anything could easily sway these numbers one way) we would have a 76 -40 record with the 2 games floating,

Our record would be greater if we were to win out, but it is very unlikely that we could beat every team from here on out in every series. So I assume that the White Sox will either have to go on a winning streak and then balance it out with mediocre play (6-4 10 gamers after 8-2 or 9-1 runs) or we will have to go for sweeping some series and losing the others which has the same effect as winning out the rest of the way, since sweeping a series and then losing is equivalent to winning two series as both records are 4-2.

While the White Sox are not in a deep hole, it is obvious that they have to begin playing better baseball. Right now it looks like we are on the right route, so I am not worried. It is still a long baseball season, and we must exhibit patience with this team. If the Sox win the series against the Royals, you can look forward to a succesful homestand that could lead us to a 8-3 record or a 9-2 record (assuming the Sox pitch like they have) because the Athletics and Indians are bad, and the Series against the Tigers will be the most important one of the year for the Sox so I don't see them losing it by that much.

With that stretch the Sox will be either 2 or 3 games over .500 and well under way to the proposed winning numbers. That I can drink to :gulp:.

So long as this pitching that we have seen of late is not a farce, the Sox will be in contention until game 162.

LITTLE NELL
05-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Series win is fine with me. I am patient enough to wait it out so long as the Sox keep winning.

46 games into the season which means we have 116 games left in the regular season. In order to win 92-96 games (the minimum counts for the division and the higher one is for the higher division win/ wild card win) we would have to go either 71- 45 or 75-41. Using the 3 game rule (which does not equate for each series) we have around 38 3 game series with an extra 2 games floating. If they win every series (sweep series, winning streaks, anything could easily sway these numbers one way) we would have a 76 -40 record with the 2 games floating,

Our record would be greater if we were to win out, but it is very unlikely that we could beat every team from here on out in every series. So I assume that the White Sox will either have to go on a winning streak and then balance it out with mediocre play (6-4 10 gamers after 8-2 or 9-1 runs) or we will have to go for sweeping some series and losing the others which has the same effect as winning out the rest of the way, since sweeping a series and then losing is equivalent to winning two series as both records are 4-2.

While the White Sox are not in a deep hole, it is obvious that they have to begin playing better baseball. Right now it looks like we are on the right route, so I am not worried. It is still a long baseball season, and we must exhibit patience with this team. If the Sox win the series against the Royals, you can look forward to a succesful homestand that could lead us to a 8-3 record or a 9-2 record (assuming the Sox pitch like they have) because the Athletics and Indians are bad, and the Series against the Tigers will be the most important one of the year for the Sox so I don't see them losing it by that much.

With that stretch the Sox will be either 2 or 3 games over .500 and well under way to the proposed winning numbers. That I can drink to :gulp:.

So long as this pitching that we have seen of late is not a farce, the Sox will be in contention until game 162.
I guess I'm not patient, I want to get to .500 ASAP. Life is better when you wake up in the morning, read the paper and see in the standings that your team is not a bunch of losers.

DumpJerry
05-28-2009, 12:58 PM
I feel its imperative that we sweep KC. We come home next week to our biggest homestand of the year(11 games).
Twelve games. Split doubleheader with the Kitties on June 8th to make up the rain-out game.

LITTLE NELL
05-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Twelve games. Split doubleheader with the Kitties on June 8th to make up the rain-out game.
Forgot about that game, lets go 9-3.

CLR01
05-28-2009, 01:54 PM
http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/entries/images/a6/31/1183681/original_image.png?1242878557

ChiSoxFan81
05-28-2009, 02:03 PM
http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/entries/images/a6/31/1183681/original_image.png?1242878557

When did we sign the AFLAC duck?

BadBobbyJenks
05-28-2009, 03:49 PM
the pitching matchups:

Fri: Richard vs Bannister
Sat: Buehrle vs Meche
Sun: Danks vs Grienke

Some not so fun facts:

Royals are 5-1 last 6 home games vs lefties. (Could not find overall record versus lefties, but 7-3 their last 10)
Royals are 1-4 last 5 home games.
White Sox are 16-36 vs right handed starters on road last 52 games
White Sox are 3-8 their last 11 games vs righties

JB98
05-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Right now, I just hope the Sox win tomorrow.

twinslayer
05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
the pitching matchups:

Fri: Richard vs Bannister
Sat: Buehrle vs Meche
Sun: Danks vs Grienke

Some not so fun facts:

Royals are 5-1 last 6 home games vs lefties. (Could not find overall record versus lefties, but 7-3 their last 10)
Royals are 1-4 last 5 home games.
White Sox are 16-36 vs right handed starters on road last 52 games
White Sox are 3-8 their last 11 games vs righties

Eh, I don't like stats like that..just coincidence on a couple of them, but I guess I see your point. The Sox will not fail us these next two weeks; they'll have to play even worse than these last two weeks to pull a bad next two weeks off. I'm looking forward to it. We might be looking at a .500 baseball team! Party!!! :bandance:

october23sp
05-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Lets take 2 of 3 I don't care how we do it. Lose to Grienke or beat him, doesn't matter.

twinslayer
05-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Lets take 2 of 3 I don't care how we do it. Lose to Grienke or beat him, doesn't matter.
Definitely. No more truth than that. Greinke will be impossible to stop for now. He's been unbelieveable. We just need Danks to step up that day.

chisox77
05-29-2009, 09:07 AM
I think a series win is very possible.

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Definitely. No more truth than that. Greinke will be impossible to stop for now. He's been unbelieveable. We just need Danks to step up that day.
I don't think it'll be impossible considering the hitting seems to have become more alive lately. I am predicting a sweep this weekend and then an 8-4 road trip.

Red Barchetta
05-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Let's win tonight (Saturday) and we move up two slots into second place. I know it's only (late) May, however it would be nice to have on the Tigers in front...

LITTLE NELL
05-30-2009, 08:11 PM
I don't think it'll be impossible considering the hitting seems to have become more alive lately. I am predicting a sweep this weekend and then an 8-4 road trip.
8-4 homestand.

october23sp
05-30-2009, 09:48 PM
1 win away and we got the sweep.:bandance:

Gavin
05-30-2009, 09:50 PM
We beat Cliff Lee in 2008 (well, we won the game anyway), we can beat Zack.

parlaycard
05-31-2009, 12:03 PM
The Sox can't beat Greinke. Did you watch the first 2 games he pitches vs the Sox.

Were they close?

THis kid is sich and is on an unbelievable roll.

The Sox arent that good. .500 at best.

If you think the Sox can win, might as well bet it.

The Sox are +155 today

I think thats a hell of a deal for betting Greinke today vs the Sox mostly anemic offense.

Remember, you cant win of you score 0 runs.

bridgeportcopper
05-31-2009, 12:10 PM
The Sox can't beat Greinke. Did you watch the first 2 games he pitches vs the Sox.

Were they close?

The Sox are +155 today

I think thats a hell of a deal for betting Greinke today vs the Sox mostly anemic offense.

Homefish??? Is that you???

hawkjt
05-31-2009, 12:13 PM

Were they close?

The Sox are +155 today

Greinke is sich? Is he from the planet Sich? If so, test him. If not, beat him.
All Danks has to do is shut down the Royals for 7 then let the bullpen finish them off and the Sox will win.

mccoydp
05-31-2009, 12:15 PM

Were they close?

The Sox are +155 today

Your post is unreadable and it makes no sense.

LITTLE NELL
05-31-2009, 01:22 PM

Were they close?

The Sox are +155 today

Hangovers are tough so take some Alka-Seltzer but remember Cy Young lost a few games, so anything can happen.

slavko
05-31-2009, 01:27 PM

Were they close?

The Sox are +155 today

This part makes sense. Somebody in the wagering community likes us (or Danks).

BadBobbyJenks
05-31-2009, 02:01 PM
I got Danks at +170, lucky me. :gulp:

october23sp
05-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Little Nell the Sox read this thread title. Simply looked at one another and said... Will do.

LITTLE NELL
05-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Little Nell the Sox read this thread title. Simply looked at one another and said... Will do.
The old sage got it right, now we have to go no worse than 8-4 on the homestand.

ChiSoxGirl
05-31-2009, 05:54 PM

Were they close?

The Sox are +155 today

Where's parlaycard NOW?!

LITTLE NELL
05-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Where's parlaycard NOW?!
In English class.

GlassSox
05-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Where's parlaycard NOW?!

Probably writing the next great prediction. :stooges:

voodoochile
05-31-2009, 06:05 PM
:threadrules:

Noneck
05-31-2009, 06:48 PM
I got Danks at +170, lucky me. :gulp:

I liked the line also and remember when you win its never lucky.

guillensdisciple
05-31-2009, 06:58 PM
The old sage got it right, now we have to go no worse than 8-4 on the homestand.

I'll do you one better at 10-2.

LITTLE NELL
05-31-2009, 07:01 PM
I'll do you one better at 10-2.
Hope you're right, but I'm looking at:
Oakland 3-1
Indians 2-1
Tigers 3-2

spawn
05-31-2009, 07:03 PM

Were they close?

The Sox are +155 today

That's true...but if you score 7 runs, you have a hell of a chance!:gulp:

BleacherBandit
05-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Little Nell, start another thread that discusses how it's imperative the Sox sweep the A's and Indians. :bandance:

guillensdisciple
05-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Hope you're right, but I'm looking at:
Oakland 3-1
Indians 2-1
Tigers 3-2

Yours is a lot more realistic but I am playing the over because I am hoping that the White Sox are beginning to gain steam and settle themselves in as the class of the Central.

For me, the next 12 will go (hopefully:D::D:) like this:

Oakland: 4-0
Indians: 2-1 (loss coming at the last game of series thus meaning the Sox had a 9 game winning streak)
Tigers: 4-1.

Imagine if this works out, and the White Sox have a record of 34-27 by the end of the home stand.

There will be a lot of happy people on this board.

SoxGirl4Life
05-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Yours is a lot more realistic but I am playing the over because I am hoping that the White Sox are beginning to gain steam and settle themselves in as the class of the Central.

For me, the next 12 will go (hopefully:D::D:) like this:

Oakland: 4-0
Indians: 2-1 (loss coming at the last game of series thus meaning the Sox had a 9 game winning streak)
Tigers: 3-1.

Imagine if this works out, and the White Sox have a record of 34-27 by the end of the home stand.

There will be a lot of happy people on this board.

Its five versus the Tigers

AlleghenySoxFan
05-31-2009, 07:09 PM
He's counting on one getting rained out again:tongue:

guillensdisciple
05-31-2009, 07:10 PM

Woops, 4-1. :redface:

SoxGirl4Life
05-31-2009, 07:11 PM

Or blocking out the Contreras start. I know I'm trying to not think about it

BadBobbyJenks
05-31-2009, 08:25 PM
I liked the line also and remember when you win its never lucky.

The lucky me was before the game went off. Of course it is never luck, just unlucky when it goes the other way. :wink: