PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Third Straight Series Win - Sox Beat LAAAAA 4-2

jabrch
05-26-2009, 11:56 PM
You mean the season isn't over yet?

Way to go Good Guys! Good pitching, good hitting, good fielding...that's a recipie for success.

soxnut1018
05-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Defense! :bliss:
kM7C_yNlCLU

Blueprint1
Let's sweep someone now.

russ99
Wow, awesome game. This team looks to have turned the corner, and are playing like the Sox we expect. I hope the starters can keep the string going...

Soxman219
05-26-2009, 11:58 PM
We own the Angels in Anaheim. Another series win makes me a happy camper!

:D:

DumpJerry
05-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Since the 20 run game, we have given up 0, 0, 4, 3, and 2.

:happybday:gulp:

ChicagoG19
05-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Colon pitched well. Nix was awesome with the glove and the bat. Sox Win! I'll take that any day. :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance:

doublem23
05-27-2009, 12:00 AM
I know we had the thread about this earlier, but Colon has been a fine 5th starter for this team. Unlike a number of other "lost" seasons, he's been giving the Sox good production out of the 5th spot in the rotation. He's obviously not the workhorse ace you can build your staff around any more, but at least he's nice enough to throw in a good outing for every bad one.

hi im skot
05-27-2009, 12:00 AM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/PDVD_024.jpg

chisoxfanatic
05-27-2009, 12:01 AM
We own the Angels in Anaheim. Another series win makes me a happy camper!

:D:
It seems like the 2005 ALCS helped exorcise the Southern Cal demons.

What a complete game by this ball club. Great job, Sox.

palehozenychicty
05-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Our pitching has come around since the debacle of last week. The hitting is still weak except for yesterday, but we're winning. I'll take it for now.

GlassSox
05-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Colon was great, great defense, and enough offense. :D: Let's get the sweep

DSpivack
05-27-2009, 12:03 AM
It seems like the 2005 ALCS helped exorcise the Southern Cal demons.

What a complete game by this ball club. Great job, Sox.

Well, we always had bigger problems in Oakland than in Anaheim.

thomas35forever
05-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Great pitching and defense tonight. I'll take any win against a team over .500.

voodoochile
I know we had the thread about this earlier, but Colon has been a fine 5th starter for this team. Unlike a number of other "lost" seasons, he's been giving the Sox good production out of the 5th spot in the rotation. He's obviously not the workhorse ace you can build your staff around any more, but at least he's nice enough to throw in a good outing for every bad one.

So far... There's also the chance that he will continue to improve as the season progresses as he gets comfortable and stretched out. Tonight might be the sign of good things yet to come.

Either way, nice win. Good Job Mr. Nix.

Where was Bobby? :dunno:

Good solid all around win.

:soxwin:

:)

NDSox12
That was exactly the type of start I was hoping for from Colon. Every guy in the rotation did a nice job this time around. Hopefully Gavin can keep it rolling tomorrow.

johnnyg83
6 of 8 ... let's sweep the angelos.

and five good starts since the debacle.

WhiteSox5187
05-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Well, it's always unnerving to see your bullpen give up runs which we did and the fact that are offense keeps stranding runners is equally unnerving.

Having said that, Colon looked fantastic, the d was great and holy crap, how did Jason Nix hit two home runs?

hi im skot
05-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Where was Bobby? :dunno:

Hawk said he has the flu.

Gavin
05-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Yawn.

We got to play another night game tomorrow? Killin' me, smalls.

voodoochile
05-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Hawk said he has the flu.

Thanks...

Frankfan4life
I'm beginning to get used to winning. A nicely pitched game by Colon and great defense were the keys to the win. Alexei's glove work was excellent. The offense produced enough runs for the win but left too many runners on base. I also liked the fact that the Sox came up with a run after the 7th inning. That run gave us a much-needed cushion.

johnnyg83
let's break the streak of winning the first two and dropping the third tomorrow. WHo's with me?

guillensdisciple
05-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Nothing makes me more happy than a Sox win. WOOHOOO!!!

Zisk77
05-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Great game, but our offense reminded me of my JV team...just one gap shot with the bases loaded. just one time please...nope one run uggghhhh.

guillensdisciple
05-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Great game, but our offense reminded me of my JV team...just one gap shot with the bases loaded. just one time please...nope one run uggghhhh.

We scored 17 runs yesterday.

Zisk77
05-27-2009, 12:24 AM

Yes and it was beautiful. But today we had numerous chances with at least a guy on 3rd and less than too out and nada. Its so frustrating. I even had a fleeting thought of Konerko squeeze :?:. It was just indigestion.:redneck

jabrch
05-27-2009, 12:28 AM

You expected people to stop bitching for more than a half a day? Silly rabbit..

Frankfan4life
05-27-2009, 12:31 AM
let's break the streak of winning the first two and dropping the third tomorrow. WHo's with me?It's safe to say we all want that but Jared Weaver is no pushover. However, if we keep playing defense like we've been playing it and if we do a better job than we did today hitting with RISP, it's a possibility. Of course Gavin has to pitch well too.

doublem23
05-27-2009, 12:37 AM
You expected people to stop bitching for more than a half a day? Silly rabbit..

Totally, anyone who would dare point out that the Sox went 2-14, 3 BB, 2 RBI (by my quick count) w/ RISP tonight is :dtroll:, right?

TDog
05-27-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes and it was beautiful. But today we had numerous chances with at least a guy on 3rd and less than too out and nada. Its so frustrating. I even had a fleeting thought of Konerko squeeze :?:. It was just indigestion.:redneck

Each team tonight had two solo home runs. The difference was that the Sox drove in men on base with two hits. The Angels scored no runners in scoring position. They even wasted a leadoff double when the game was scoreless.

I'm not going to complain. If I were an Angels fan, I would complain.

Four runs would have been enough for the White Sox to win Monday night, and it was enough for the White Sox to win tonight.

jabrch
05-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Totally, anyone who would dare point out that the Sox went 2-14, 3 BB, 2 RBI (by my quick count) w/ RISP tonight is :dtroll:, right?

Your words - not mine.

I said people won't stop bitching. If you equate that to :dtroll:, that's your choice. We kicked ass last night and won. We played a great game today and won. And people are bitching. That's my point.

People should feel free to bitch all they want - if they want - but don't then get upset if people point out bitching. Take pride in it.

There is a major difference between bitching and trolling. Right?

guillensdisciple
05-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Someone please explain what a troll is.

central44
05-27-2009, 12:48 AM
It's encouraging to see the Sox playing this well heading into two huge series with the Royals and Tigers. Hopefully they can keep this momentum going and vault themselves back into contention. They have played the Tigers pretty well so far this season, and happened to catch KC when they were red-hot. Needless to say, i'm more optimistic about this team than I was a week ago.

chisoxfanatic
05-27-2009, 12:49 AM
It's nice to see this team get through an entire cycle of their rotation with quality starting pitching outings.

jabrch
05-27-2009, 12:49 AM
Someone please explain what a troll is.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.troll/msg/bc2e71e19c590d8e

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

chunk
05-27-2009, 12:50 AM
A win is a win but jeez, 24 LOB. It's really nice to see the pitching so hot.

doublem23
05-27-2009, 12:53 AM
We played a great game today and won. And people are bitching. That's my point.

People should feel free to bitch all they want - if they want - but don't then get upset if people point out bitching. Take pride in it.

There is a major difference between bitching and trolling. Right?

There's a difference between pointing out something stupid, like saying Brian Anderson stinks because he went 0-5 today (oh, the humanity!) and pointing out something relevant, like despite the win the Sox still continue to struggle with RISP. This has been a defining weakness in the Sox offense, they entered tonight's game with a .260 BA w/ RISP, 14 points below the AL average and 11th out of 14 in the American League.

Yes, I'm very pleased the Sox won tonight, we got a great outing from Bartolo, but I don't think it's "bitching" to note that the Sox had 14 opprotunities at the dish with a runner in scoring position and cashed in on just 2 of those chances (.143). One win is nice, but a dramatic change in the fortune's of this team is going to require better production.

jabrch
05-27-2009, 01:03 AM
There's a difference between pointing out something stupid, like saying Brian Anderson stinks because he went 0-5 today (oh, the humanity!) and pointing out something relevant, like despite the win the Sox still continue to struggle with RISP. This has been a defining weakness in the Sox offense, they entered tonight's game with a .260 BA w/ RISP, 14 points below the AL average and 11th out of 14 in the American League.

Dude...read my post just a few min ago where I agreed with you that BA has not been the problem this year. (see post #8 in the following thread - http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112160)

But complaining about the Sox offense on the heels of yesterday and today DEFINITELY qualifies to me as bitching. I did not use the word TROLL - that was doublem23 who said that.

Look - if you want to bitch about things - go ahead dude. That's your choice. Nobody will stop you. But don't deny bitching after you do it. Coming off of a 17 run night, scoring 3 runs in 6.2 off a guy who entered the game with a 3.17 ERA is not that bad. On the heels of yesterday, we were 11 for 36 today with 2 HR. I can't understand why we'd be bitching today.

but I don't think it's "bitching" to note that the Sox had 14 opprotunities at the dish with a runner in scoring position and cashed in on just 2 of those chances (.143). One win is nice, but a dramatic change in the fortune's of this team is going to require better production.

This isn't 1 win. We have won 6 of our last 8. And it is bitching to complain about a single games RISP when taken out of context of that day's hitting successes and of the combined offense from 2 days.

jabrch
05-27-2009, 01:21 AM

Let me get this straight - just to understand.

You find it stupid to complain about BA going 0-5 (with 7 LOB and 2Ks) tonight. (For the record, I agree. And I pointed that out in the thread/post referenced above. Picking on any single player for a single day is stupid. At the same time, you find it ok to complain about a Sox offense that, if you subtract BA from it, was 11 for 31 (.355) with 2 HRs and a 2B.

I don't get it.

My personal opinion is that it is silly to complain about either. My opinion is that is bitching. (not trolling as you accused me of calling it) If you disagree - of course that's your perrogative Dubs. I prefer to take a viewpoint on the positive side of things, in particular off of winning 6 of 8.

hawkjt
05-27-2009, 01:28 AM
34 hits in two games...wow. Usually we get that many in a week..a good week. Keep swinging those bats,boys, and kick Weavers butt tomorrow. We seem to be hitting these good vet pitchers now.

BadBobbyJenks
05-27-2009, 02:20 AM
So maybe this team is ok? :scratch: I am very confused right now.

BNLSox
05-27-2009, 03:48 AM
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.troll/msg/bc2e71e19c590d8e

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

The wikipedia article was a decent read.

In other news I too am struggling with understanding if this team has what it takes. Ultimately I feel as though they can win the division since its a bit soft and a lot of the same faces are still here defending last year's division title. I guess time will tell...

For now keep it up boys. Lets finally knock someone down when they're on the ropes and go into KC looking to over take them in the standings and get right behind Detroit before our 5 game set with them.

GO SOX

Rohan
05-27-2009, 03:54 AM
Alexei's play was #5 on sportscenter..
That's eh. :rolleyes:

jabrch
05-27-2009, 07:17 AM
The wikipedia article was a decent read.

In other news I too am struggling with understanding if this team has what it takes. Ultimately I feel as though they can win the division since its a bit soft and a lot of the same faces are still here defending last year's division title. I guess time will tell...

For now keep it up boys. Lets finally knock someone down when they're on the ropes and go into KC looking to over take them in the standings and get right behind Detroit before our 5 game set with them.

GO SOX

I'm with you - I have no idea what this team is... I do know we have played good baseball the past 3 serieses.

johnnyg83
05-27-2009, 07:17 AM
A win is a win but jeez, 24 LOB. It's really nice to see the pitching so hot.

It was 11 team LOB .. which is the accepted stat for LOB. Cumulative individual LOB will always look worse ...

esbrechtel
05-27-2009, 07:28 AM
I like the little roll they are on. It is good to see them win some tough games and continue to go for winning the series. Keep it up guys!

EnglishChiSox
05-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Winning 17-3 is fun but winning a tight one away vs a perennial playoff team and a good pitcher to win the series somehow feels far more satisfying.

Nice night for Alexei getting on base, 1 hit 3 Walks, 12 already vs 18 all last season. I think he's going to have a couple of great months coming up now he's seeing the ball better.

Jim Shorts
05-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Nice night for Alexei getting on base, 1 hit 3 Walks, 12 already vs 18 all last season. I think he's going to have a couple of great months coming up now he's seeing the ball better.

Yep and you can already see the confidence at the plate taking back over defensively. Less brain farts, the routines are routine and the special ones are a joy to watch.

wilburaga
05-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Let's see, we've won the first 2 games of a road series. Must be time to start Neal Cotts tonight.

W

asindc
05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
It is nice waking up in the morning to see that the Sox have won a second in a row on the West Coast. Let's get our first sweep of the season tonight!

chisox77
05-27-2009, 10:30 AM
let's break the streak of winning the first two and dropping the third tomorrow. WHo's with me?

I am!!! Let's do it!

Go White Sox

DonnieDarko
05-27-2009, 11:30 AM
I am!!! Let's do it!

Go White Sox

I think that I can speak for most everyone here when I say that we're all for it. :smile:

october23sp
05-27-2009, 11:37 AM
As much as I want the sweep, I remember in 05 we won like our first 6 series' of the year 2-1. Usually winning the first two and dropping the last one. But very quietly we can all say: "Let's get the sweep."

Foulke You
05-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Let's see, we've won the first 2 games of a road series. Must be time to start Neal Cotts tonight.

W
:jerry

"Sounds like a good strategy to me! I'll put Royce Clayton in the lineup for defense and I'll keep Jose Paniagua loose in the bullpen too just in case!"

kevingrt
05-27-2009, 04:01 PM
It'd be really nice to close out a series tonight with a sweep. Maybe being on the road will help as well.

SoxFan1979
05-27-2009, 04:17 PM
:bandance::bandance::bandance: Let's get the...............

http://yogibrewer.mlblogs.com/my_weblog/images/sweep040905.jpg

BigP50
05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
3rd series that we've won in a row, lets get that SWEEP!!!