PDA

View Full Version : Possible trade candidates

wsf4l
05-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Just surfing the web, I found some trade candidates for the Sox. Some I agree with, while some I don't. What are your opinions?

http://wswblog.com

CashMan
05-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Just surfing the web, I found some trade candidates for the Sox. Some I agree with, while some I don't. What are your opinions?

If the Mariners have a fire sale, I want Ichiro.

DSpivack
05-26-2009, 10:20 PM
If the Mariners have a fire sale, I want Ichiro.

Even if they have a fire sale, they won't trade him.

CashMan
05-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Even if they have a fire sale, they won't trade him.

I know.....But I can still dream.

palehozenychicty
05-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Bedard is a guy that always throws well against the Sox, but he's fragile. As the blogger said, he also has a reputation of being soft. If we can get him on the cheap, awesome. I'd also like Beltre, but other teams may put up better packages. Time will tell.

gr8mexico
05-26-2009, 11:11 PM
This sounds crazy. But I wonder if the Sox could work out a 3
way deal. That Sends Jake Peavy to the Cubs and Carlos Zambrano to
the White Sox. Only if it was that easy. :D:

jabrch
05-26-2009, 11:26 PM
This sounds crazy. But I wonder if the Sox could work out a 3
way deal. That Sends Jake Peavy to the Cubs and Carlos Zambrano to
the White Sox. Only if it was that easy. :D:

I don't see the Cubs being complicit in sending Z to us for any sort of reasonable price...

soxfanreggie
05-26-2009, 11:43 PM
I'd rather bring someone else in that isn't that headcase.

Tragg
05-27-2009, 10:11 AM
No WSW blog, trading for Oswalt would not be almost as good as trading for Peavy.
He's been hard, hard used, and he's got that arm/elbow motion (like McDowell had). And his numbers are on a slight descent.
And he's not as good of a pitcher as is Peavy

LoveYourSuit
05-27-2009, 10:18 AM
I would LOVE Zambrano with the White Sox.

Zisk77
05-27-2009, 12:23 PM
No WSW blog, trading for Oswalt would not be almost as good as trading for Peavy.
He's been hard, hard used, and he's got that arm/elbow motion (like McDowell had). And his numbers are on a slight descent.
And he's not as good of a pitcher as is Peavy

He has been used hard and has had some problems, but his mechanics are far superior to Peavy. As I said before Jake is an accident waiting to happen.

RCWHITESOX
05-27-2009, 12:36 PM

If the Sox could get Oswalt at a reasonable price I would do it in a heartbeat. Getting a excellent number 1 or 2 starter would be a tremendous accomplishment. I'd also look at Beltre at 3B or Matt Holiday OF if the price was right.

hi im skot
05-27-2009, 02:10 PM
I would LOVE Zambrano with the White Sox.

No doubt.

Foulke You
05-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Bedard is a guy that always throws well against the Sox, but he's fragile. As the blogger said, he also has a reputation of being soft. If we can get him on the cheap, awesome.
Another thing to consider about Bedard is that he would be yet another left handed pitcher in our rotation. Buehrle, Danks, Richard, and Bedard would give us FOUR left handed starters. I think it could make us vulnerable to some right handed heavy lineups.

wsf4l
05-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Another thing to consider about Bedard is that he would be yet another left handed pitcher in our rotation. Buehrle, Danks, Richard, and Bedard would give us FOUR left handed starters. I think it could make us vulnerable to some right handed heavy lineups.

I would still think Colon would be part of the rotation and Richard would be the one sent to the bullpen or even Seattle. Ozzie likes his veterans!

getonbckthr
05-27-2009, 06:22 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ny-spken2812809891may27,0,7519419.column
Washington is looking to deal some of their "veterans". Specific names being dropped are Nick Johnson, Austin Kearns and 1 that interests me, Josh Willingham. Now before everyone gets crazy his 162 game averages are: 25 hrs, 82 RBI's, .263 average and .360 OBP. Sure those appear to be average numbers. Now take into consideration his career has been shared by the Marlins and Nationals which have 2 of the more pitcher friendly parks. How would a hitter friendly park treat him? If TCQ is out for any period of time he would be a nice fill-in with his future replacing Dye, Thome or PK in the lineup.