PDA

View Full Version : Wise starting his rehab

doublem23
05-26-2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-25-sox-bits-chicagomay25,0,4586751.story

Rohan
05-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Let's hope he's back, healthy, and able to earn the spot rather than just have it given to him.

eriqjaffe
05-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Let's hope he's back, healthy, and able to earn the spot rather than just have it given to him.I certainly hope he's healthy, but I don't ever want to see see him even remotely in competition for a starting position on the Sox again. He's an adequate 4th or 5th outfielder, at best.

Konerko05
05-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I'd rather have Podsednik on the roster.

In the article, Cora says says Wise was "starting to play really, really well" before he got hurt. I must have missed this. He only had five hits at that point so "starting to play really, really well" must've meant one or two games. It's pretty obvious Guillen and Cora watch Wise and Anderson play through different colored glasses. Or something like that.

35th and Shields
05-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Good news i guess but I don't see anything that Wise brings that the sox don't already have....other then another 4th outfielder.

Tragg
05-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Rehab for an organizational minor leaguer.
Nice.

Ozzie loves this guy. Guillen termed his 300 OBP spring "tremendous". He's playing against righties, Anderson against lefties.

BadBobbyJenks
05-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Charlotte needs his fire and passion. Keep him down there.

Frater Perdurabo
05-26-2009, 06:22 PM
I don't see how any manager with two brain cells to rub together could bench an excellent defensive center fielder who also is hitting .290 and OBP-ing .370, for an older, worse defender, worse baserunner and worse and less patient hitter.

chisoxfanatic
05-26-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't see how any manager with two brain cells to rub together could bench an excellent defensive center fielder who also is hitting .290 and OBP-ing .370, for an older, worse defender, worse baserunner and worse and less patient hitter.
Exactly. BA cannot be denied playing time when he's doing everything he should to deserve a starting roster spot.

And, Pods gives this team the speed that they need atop the order.

JB98
05-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Instead of complaining about how much we hate Wise, we all better hope he comes back and makes a contribution to the team. We will need him if Quentin has to go on the DL.

Dibbs
05-26-2009, 08:20 PM
It will be unfortunate if he sees a lot of playing time when he gets back. I would prefer to see him once every two weeks tops.

kittle42
05-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Instead of complaining about how much we hate Wise, we all better hope he comes back and makes a contribution to the team. We will need him if Quentin has to go on the DL.

It does appear there are "Wise haters." However, that is deserved, as he sucks.

JB98
05-26-2009, 08:23 PM
It will be unfortunate if he sees a lot of playing time when he gets back. I would prefer to see him once every two weeks tops.

That's not the way Ozzie manages a team. He has always used all 25 men.

JB98
05-26-2009, 08:26 PM
It does appear there are "Wise haters." However, that is deserved, as he sucks.

No, he's not very good. But we aren't exactly ****ting out great options for outfield in this organization. Check out our AAA starting outfield:

LF - Josh Kroeger
CF - Miguel Negron
RF - Michael Restovich

Wise is better than any of those three players. At least he had a couple big hits in the playoffs last year.

kittle42
05-27-2009, 09:02 AM
No, he's not very good. But we aren't exactly ****ting out great options for outfield in this organization. Check out our AAA starting outfield:

LF - Josh Kroeger
CF - Miguel Negron
RF - Michael Restovich

Wise is better than any of those three players. At least he had a couple big hits in the playoffs last year.

He sure is, though there are probably a handful of people here who are still wondering how Kroeger isn't in the majors. I'm wondering how those people are baseball fans.

Madvora
05-27-2009, 09:04 AM
I wonder if KW is trying to work something out to fill up that void we have in the minors.

Flight #24
05-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Wow. The prospect of being a pulled hammy from Dye away from a Pods-BA-Wise OF is........:whiner:. And I say that as a BA fan and someone admiring what Pods has done to date with the team.

But I'd agree, Wise is probably the best option for a Q replacement. The hope is that this doesn't result in BA's ABs coming down since IMO he's done a pretty good job since taking over the fulltime CF slot.

doublem23
05-27-2009, 09:17 AM
He sure is, though there are probably a handful of people here who are still wondering how Kroeger isn't in the majors. I'm wondering how those people are baseball fans.

Because Josh Kroeger hit like .400 in Spring Training!

palehozenychicty
05-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Let him keep rehabbing.

BadBobbyJenks
05-27-2009, 01:24 PM

LF - Josh Kroeger
CF - Miguel Negron
RF - Michael Restovich

So let him play down there. We have Pods up here, we don't need Wise. I am not sure what those three options have to do with Wise since none of them need to be up with the club unless Q hits the DL.