PDA

View Full Version : Colon to start June 11?

Railsplitter
05-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that should the Sox stick with thier current rotation, Bartolo Colon should start June 11. I say this because that's my brother's birthday and we have tickets. :o:

I say this because Colon has looked just awful this year.

thomas35forever
05-26-2009, 03:47 PM
:whatever:

ChiSoxFan81
05-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that should the Sox stick with thier current rotation, Bartolo Colon should start June 11. I say this because that's my brother's birthday and we have tickets. :o:

Things could happen before then. It's too early to say who'll start that day. The game I went to, Colon pitched, and we won 8-0. :shrug:

doublem23
05-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Colon hasn't been all bad this year.

LoveYourSuit
05-26-2009, 03:51 PM

Send and email to Ozzie and let me know what he thinks.

JermaineDye05
05-26-2009, 04:01 PM
I was confused by this post because of the use of the word "should." I think you wanted to use "would", saying should makes it sound like it would be best suited for the Sox to start Bartolo on a game you have tickets for even though you state that he's looked awful this year.

Rohan
05-26-2009, 04:35 PM
I was confused by this post because of the use of the word "should." I think you wanted to use "would", saying should makes it sound like it would be best suited for the Sox to start Bartolo on a game you have tickets for even though you state that he's looked awful this year.

Yeah that took me a few minutes too. Colon is pretty inconsistent. But he's had more good games than bad games thus far.

Railsplitter
05-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Bad choice of word. Should have been "If they stick with the current rotation"

thegooch
05-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Bad choice of word. Should have been "If they stick with the current rotation"

June 11th is my birthday too. I got 4 premium club level tix for that game. Bringing my son to his first game that day too.

I was hoping Peavy would pitch. Still could happen, no? :redneck

chisoxfanatic
05-26-2009, 08:14 PM
I don't know if they'll insert an extra pitcher for one rotation since there is a doubleheader in there with no days off. That could change things rotation wise.

Britt Burns
05-26-2009, 10:57 PM
You watching the game tonight? BC looks pretty good.

DumpJerry
05-26-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't know if they'll insert an extra pitcher for one rotation since there is a doubleheader in there with no days off. That could change things rotation wise.

On the pre-game show tonight, it was mentioned that Contreras might return that night if Colon is not doing well.

That was on the pre-game, Big Bart is killing 'em tonight.

You watching the game tonight? BC looks pretty good.
Looking damn good!

Ranger
05-26-2009, 11:13 PM

Not really. Your definition of "just awful" and mine are totally different. He's been up and down. Some bad starts, some good starts. That's not "just awful". An ERA of 7.50 is awful...an ERA of 4.23 is not.

dickallen15
05-27-2009, 07:18 AM
June 11th is my birthday too. I got 4 premium club level tix for that game. Bringing my son to his first game that day too.

I was hoping Peavy would pitch. Still could happen, no? :redneck

Yeah, but it probably will be for the Padres or Cubs.

ChicagoHoosier
05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
You including the makeup game vs. Detroit in there, or do we expect to call someone up for that? Or is that the Contreras plan?

soxfanreggie
05-27-2009, 05:00 PM
With Colon looking good the last game, we have an interesting decision to make. Contreras didn't do so well in his last outing, and his walks have been up there, but the 2-1 with a 2.18 ERA in AAA does look decent for rehab starts. At least we have a decision to make on who to keep with Colon, Contreras, and Richard vs not having anyone for the spot.

Rohan
05-27-2009, 05:29 PM
With Colon looking good the last game, we have an interesting decision to make. Contreras didn't do so well in his last outing, and his walks have been up there, but the 2-1 with a 2.18 ERA in AAA does look decent for rehab starts. At least we have a decision to make on who to keep with Colon, Contreras, and Richard vs not having anyone for the spot.

I'd say it's a pretty good problem to have. I think it's fair to say that you go with Richard in the starting rotation until he runs into problems. If he begins to struggle then he's not ready to start yet. I think he's proven that he is, and to move him back into the bullpen would be foolish.

It's really between Bartolo and Jose. And it's a similar situation. Until Bartolo begins to really struggle, Jose stays in the minors or accepts a position as a long reliever.

ramblinsoxfan11
05-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Apart from the terrible loss against Minnesota, Bartolo has been pitching much better than most of us expected. His last game especially showed signs that he was still a strong starting pitcher. I say keep him on the rotation and wait to bring in Contreras until Colon or Richards starts to consistently struggle