PDA

View Full Version : When will Mt. St. Lou erupt?

Viva Medias B's
05-26-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet with the Cubs losing eight in a row.

DumpJerry
05-26-2009, 12:25 PM
:whocares

Woofer
05-26-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm thinking sooner than later.

mantis1212
05-26-2009, 12:37 PM
I care a little, just because angry Lou is quite entertaining.

"What, do you think I'd stupid or something?!"

Viva Medias B's
05-26-2009, 12:44 PM
:whocares

Good point, but you and I both know that a Mt. St. Lou eruption is pure entertainment regardless of what team he is managing.

MeteorsSox4367
05-26-2009, 01:03 PM
If and when he does, I think it could be on the Lee Elia or Hal McRae scale.

And to think that some people get on Ozzie's butt for bad language.

JB98
05-26-2009, 01:16 PM
To think, just last week the Cubbie faithful were mocking Sox fans because our team lost 20-1 to the Twins. At least we haven't had an eight-game losing streak yet. :D:

ChiSoxFan81
05-26-2009, 01:40 PM
To think, just last week the Cubbie faithful were mocking Sox fans because our team lost 20-1 to the Twins. At least we haven't had an eight-game losing streak yet. :D:

Yet? Do we plan on having one? I say he erupts after the Sox sweep the season series.

DumpJerry
05-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Good point, but you and I both know that a Mt. St. Lou eruption is pure entertainment regardless of what team he is managing.
True, but his act is getting old and tired. When he sits there during a post game press conference after a loss, he sounds and looks like a guy sitting on a park bench arguing with his wife who left him twenty years ago.

Where's Billy Martin when you need him?

slavko
05-26-2009, 01:41 PM

When it happens, it will be intentional and purposeful, just as it has been in the past. He usually gets himself kicked out of a game for arguing with an umpire over something inconsequential and kicking dirt on the ump's shoes to draw a suspension. That gets the little Cubbies all charged up and they start earning their salaries.

Not that I give an s-word, but that was a depressed crowd I glimpsed in the 9th at Wrigley after our game was over. About half of it had bailed out and the game was a long ball away from being tied.

Tantrum Watch, Day One.

Huisj
05-26-2009, 01:46 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about the Cardinals being in first place. :scratch:

ChiSoxFan81
05-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about the Cardinals being in first place. :scratch:

That wouldn't make any sense since they aren't.

SSrep
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
I thought it was going to happen last night in the 7th...when it was 1st and 2nd and there was a chopper down to the third. Freel ran to force the runner at 3rd and the ump blew an obvious call...I said 'here we go, Lou's finally gonna do it'....he came out but surprisingly wasn't showing too much emotion.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-26-2009, 02:24 PM
They drop the series to the Pirates, I sense smoke will billow a bit.

esbrechtel
05-26-2009, 02:36 PM
I hope he kicks his hat....I love when lou gets pissed and kicks his hat :lol:

DumpJerry
05-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Not that I give an s-word, but that was a depressed crowd I glimpsed in the 9th at Wrigley after our game was over. About half of it had bailed out and the game was a long ball away from being tied.
You tuned in after Last Call for beer sales. You would have seen the same thing if it was a 0-0 game in Game 7.

Big D
05-26-2009, 02:50 PM
I hope he kicks his hat....I love when lou gets pissed and kicks his hat :lol:

It's been a while since he threw a base, so I think it's time.

Of course, if Milton Bradley keeps running his mouth like an idiot, Lou may end up throwing something at him.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-26-2009, 03:13 PM
It's been a while since he threw a base, so I think it's time.

Of course, if Milton Bradley keeps running his mouth like an idiot, Lou may end up throwing something at him.

One can only hope. Oh, how I wish for the "why is the media picking on my players?" rant.....Dusty Piniella.

doublem23
05-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Somebody give me a heads up when Carlos Zambrano punches someone in the dugout.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Somebody give me a heads up when Carlos Zambrano punches someone in the dugout.

Who punched out the Gatorade machine last night?

Woofer
05-26-2009, 05:28 PM
You tuned in after Last Call for beer sales. You would have seen the same thing if it was a 0-0 game in Game 7.

Now come on, I know that Cub fans love their booze, but I think that the place would still be pretty full in a 0-0 game 7.:smile: Besides, all the bars and streets surrounding the "shrine" would all be so full, that you wouldn't even be able to leave the park anyway.

southside rocks
05-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Who punched out the Gatorade machine last night?

Dempster. Not a happy camper.

GlassSox
05-26-2009, 07:14 PM
I think that Lou is waiting for the "ivory to turn green". :redneck

Frankfan4life
05-26-2009, 08:20 PM
The next time Neal Cotts pitches. :redneck

StillMissOzzie
05-27-2009, 01:33 AM
I thought that we were getting all of the planets in alignment for a Mt. Lou eruption:

1) Losing streak had hit 8 :whiner:
2) Milton Bradley, talking about himself in the 3rd person, accusing the umpires of a conspiracy to set him off. :rolleyes:
3) Lou calling out Neal Cotts after yet another lack-luster performance. [ Hey Hendry, that's what you get for picking up the Sox garbage! ] :tongue:

Then the bums have to go and win a rain-shortened game vs. the Pirates...:angry:

SMO
:gulp:

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Dempster. Not a happy camper.

Well I guess when the "magic" at Wrigley's worn off, take it out on a defenseless machine. Heaven forbid you do your job and strike someone out. :D:

EnglishChiSox
05-27-2009, 09:06 AM
I thought that we were getting all of the planets in alignment for a Mt. Lou eruption:

1) Losing streak had hit 8 :whiner:
2) Milton Bradley, talking about himself in the 3rd person, accusing the umpires of a conspiracy to set him off. :rolleyes:
3) Lou calling out Neal Cotts after yet another lack-luster performance. [ Hey Hendry, that's what you get for picking up the Sox garbage! ] :tongue:

Then the bums have to go and win a rain-shortened game vs. the Pirates...:angry:

SMO
:gulp:

I heard about that on BBTN, sounds hilarious. He's great theatre old Hothead Milton

Hitmen77
05-27-2009, 10:00 AM
When it happens, it will be intentional and purposeful, just as it has been in the past. He usually gets himself kicked out of a game for arguing with an umpire over something inconsequential and kicking dirt on the ump's shoes to draw a suspension. That gets the little Cubbies all charged up and they start earning their salaries.

This is why I am not really interested in having Lou "erupt." I don't want him doing anything that will fire up my least favorite team.

Paulwny
05-27-2009, 01:36 PM
With some of his players erupting, Lou will be calm for awhile.

kitekrazy
05-29-2009, 11:45 AM

I don't think he will. If he didn't when they choked in the post season, I don't see it now.