PDA

View Full Version : Quentin helped off the field... now what do we do?

russ99
05-25-2009, 08:37 PM
I doubt Restovich or Kroger get called up, and Wise is probably at least a week away.

Is is time for Kenny to add another major league outfielder yet?

ChiSoxGirl
05-25-2009, 08:38 PM
I've got the game on the radio. How did I miss this?! :?:

russ99
05-25-2009, 08:39 PM
I've got the game on the radio. How did I miss this?! :?:

When he got his hit in the first, he re-injured his heel. Looked pretty bad. I'd say 15 day DL at best.

maristsox
05-25-2009, 08:40 PM
When he got his hit in the first, he re-injured his heel. Looked pretty bad. I'd say 15 day DL at best.

Should have been on the DL the whole time to heal up, him batting while injured has not helped this team

HomeFish
05-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Cry.

SOXfnNlansing
05-25-2009, 08:44 PM
I don't think it matters who they bring up. We'll be seeing LF Pods CF Anderson, and RF Dye for a while now I think. Maybe they'll bring back Wise when he's better, but he probably won't play much.

salty99
05-25-2009, 08:48 PM
He definitely wasn't 100% and tried to come back too early.

DirtySox
05-25-2009, 08:50 PM
It's Holliday time, amirite?

Craig Grebeck
05-25-2009, 08:51 PM
It's Holliday time, amirite?
Puke.

russ99
05-25-2009, 08:52 PM
They just announced on the air that Carlos wasn't seriously injured. WHEEEWWW!!!

But they really need to let him heal before rushing him out there again...

delben91
05-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Cry.

Why are you crying, you just said the other day he wasn't producing and you were worried he was a one year wonder.

Guess you have to find someone new to worry about now.

voodoochile
05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

Rohan
05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
They just announced on the air that Carlos wasn't seriously injured. WHEEEWWW!!!

But they really need to let him heal before rushing him out there again...

Agreed.

sox1970
05-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Can Beckham get a flight from Knoxville to Anaheim? That's what I think they should do.

SoxFan1979
05-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Can Beckham get a flight from Knoxville to Anaheim? That's what I think they should do.

:D::D:

Yeah let Quentin heal 100%.

delben91
05-25-2009, 09:07 PM

Think he can bat in all 9 spots and pitch too?

sox1970
05-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Think he can bat in all 9 spots and pitch too?

Yes. Yes, he can.

DrCrawdad
05-25-2009, 09:29 PM
How about calling up Jordan Danks (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Jordan%20Danks&pos=OF&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=458668)?

delben91
05-25-2009, 09:31 PM
How about calling up Jordan Danks (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Jordan%20Danks&pos=OF&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=458668)?

He's played 14 career games above A-ball. I'm not saying he's not going to be a solid player one day (and probably pretty soon), but calling him up for a 3-4 day window until Wise finishes a rehab stint? Seems like he could benefit from the continuity of playing in Birmingham.

DrCrawdad
05-25-2009, 09:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

I've been dealing with Plantar Fasciitis for awhile. I don't know if you ever really get over it. I just try to keep it in check.

What's been a real help to me though is Soothanol (http://www.northstarnutritionals.com/p/Soothanol_X2.htm). It's awesome stuff. I'd send Carlos a bottle, but it's too expensive for me to be giving away (especially when he might not use it anyway).

chisoxfanatic
05-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I don't think it matters who they bring up. We'll be seeing LF Pods CF Anderson, and RF Dye for a while now I think. Maybe they'll bring back Wise when he's better, but he probably won't play much.
I'd be all for that. It would've sucked a lot more if BA were still out.

Get well soon, TCQ.

jabrch
05-25-2009, 09:38 PM
More of Pods...while I can't say I am happy about that, he hasn't been significantly worse than TCQ so far. Sure - we are all hoping TCQ becomes what TCQ was last year. I know that too. But until Wise is ready (and even then - who knows?) I don't see making a trade to get someone. I don't see Kroeger or Restrovic up. And I hope we don't bring Jordan Danks up this quickly.

chisoxfanatic
05-25-2009, 09:42 PM
More of Pods...while I can't say I am happy about that, he hasn't been significantly worse than TCQ so far. Sure - we are all hoping TCQ becomes what TCQ was last year. I know that too. But until Wise is ready (and even then - who knows?) I don't see making a trade to get someone. I don't see Kroeger or Restrovic up. And I hope we don't bring Jordan Danks up this quickly.
Yea, the problem I could see about making a trade is that I think KW would have to overpay for one if he were to try. I'd rather get another infielder (especially a decent 3B, since I do not like Fields) than outfielder.

SoxGirl4Life
05-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Hawk said they think Quentin is going to be ok. More scared than actual injury.

jabrch
05-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Yea, the problem I could see about making a trade is that I think KW would have to overpay for one if he were to try. I'd rather get another infielder (especially a decent 3B, since I do not like Fields) than outfielder.

The price we'd have to pay for a MLB calibre 3B, this early in the season, wouldn't make sense for us. With the potential that Fields, Viciedo and Beckham have to play the position, in addition to Brent Morel, I think we are OK in the long haul at that spot - somehow.

The reason Peavy made sense was that he'd be in the rotation for a long time, not just 2009. If we were to add something, by giving up a lot of minor league talent, including Poreda, it would have to be either a top of the line SP or a very young, all star calibre player locked in for a while. (I'm thinking a guy like McClouth) Those guys are very rarely available even for a big package.

Personally, I'd like to hang tight, play musical lineups, and see how the next month goes as we approach the trade deadline before making a move either way...

gosox41
05-25-2009, 10:17 PM

They need to take care of this now before it turns into a chronic injury that won't go away.

Not sure what KW should do, bu I doubt any team is going to be giving the Sox an OFer.

Bob

gosox41
05-25-2009, 10:19 PM
I doubt Restovich or Kroger get called up, and Wise is probably at least a week away.

Is is time for Kenny to add another major league outfielder yet?

It will probably be Wise. Instead or releasing Pods, they'll just DL Quentin.

Not sure of the reason for the Wise love affair by KW and Ozzie.

Bob

DSpivack
05-25-2009, 10:33 PM
They need to take care of this now before it turns into a chronic injury that won't go away.

Not sure what KW should do, bu I doubt any team is going to be giving the Sox an OFer.

Bob

That's the thing, it doesn't seem to be something that can be cured w/ a DL stint.

NLaloosh
05-25-2009, 10:33 PM
They'd be best off bringing up Danks. Seriously.

Taliesinrk
05-25-2009, 10:34 PM
I've been dealing with Plantar Fasciitis for awhile. I don't know if you ever really get over it. I just try to keep it in check.

What's been a real help to me though is Soothanol (http://www.northstarnutritionals.com/p/Soothanol_X2.htm). It's awesome stuff. I'd send Carlos a bottle, but it's too expensive for me to be giving away (especially when he might not use it anyway).

Is that what he has? We had a patient come in and talk to us about that this year, and apparently it can be very painful and last for a LONG time (hers went undiagnosed for a long time though).

jabrch
05-25-2009, 10:36 PM
They'd be best off bringing up Danks. Seriously.

I hope you spend a lot of time watching Jordan to be so confident of this. I have no idea how you could come up with this level of surety based on not seeing him on a daily basis.

DrCrawdad
05-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Is that what he has? We had a patient come in and talk to us about that this year, and apparently it can be very painful and last for a LONG time (hers went undiagnosed for a long time though).

Yes, that's what I've heard Quentin was diagnosed with. Tell your patient to get good orthodics (NOT FootLevelers though, they made my PF even worse) my foot doc gave me a good pair of orthodics. With PF you need very strong arch support. For the pain tell them to try Soothanol, as I mentioned earlier. That stuff works miracles on my PF.

doublem23
05-25-2009, 11:00 PM
I hope you spend a lot of time watching Jordan to be so confident of this. I have no idea how you could come up with this level of surety based on not seeing him on a daily basis.

Well duh, don't you know the minor leagues are totally pointless? If 14 games in AA doesn't have you seasoned and ready for the Major Leagues, nothing will.

DrCrawdad
05-25-2009, 11:22 PM
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_132880.jpg
Can Daryle Ward (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Ward%20%20DH&pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=132880) play LF?

NDSox12
05-25-2009, 11:38 PM
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_132880.jpg
Can Daryle Ward (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Ward%20%20DH&pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=132880) play LF?

Yikes.... he makes Pods look like a gold glove candidate.

cheezheadsoxfan
05-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Yes, that's what I've heard Quentin was diagnosed with. Tell your patient to get good orthodics (NOT FootLevelers though, they made my PF even worse) my foot doc gave me a good pair of orthodics. With PF you need very strong arch support. For the pain tell them to try Soothanol, as I mentioned earlier. That stuff works miracles on my PF.

I had PF and got rid of it by stretching my foot back and forth over a bottle of frozen water nightly. Worked well. Of course I don't play left field in the MLB.:rolleyes:

Taliesinrk
05-26-2009, 12:18 AM

She actually had surgery to fix it.

Chicken Dinner
05-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Wise will need a least a 60 game rehab stint at the minor league level. :nod:

Tragg
05-26-2009, 12:37 AM
If TCQ's out, is there not a legitimate hitter somewhere in the system that we could bring up.
Wise? Yikes - "Tremendous" he ain't.

cards press box
05-26-2009, 01:22 AM
It will probably be Wise. Instead or releasing Pods, they'll just DL Quentin.

Not sure of the reason for the Wise love affair by KW and Ozzie.

Bob

Pods is hitting .303 right now and has been, by far, the best leadoff man that the Sox have had this year. I expect that he will lead off for the Sox the rest of this season and perhaps next as well. In fact, I suspect that Pods will continue to lead off until Jordan Danks becomes the Sox CF/lead off man.

esbrechtel
05-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Pods is hitting .303 right now and has been, by far, the best leadoff man that the Sox have had this year. I expect that he will lead off for the Sox the rest of this season and perhaps next as well. In fact, I suspect that Pods will continue to lead off until Jordan Danks becomes the Sox CF/lead off man.

and as much as I didn't expect this I agree 100% he really has been getting the job done and he definately had a great game last night...

Soxfest
05-26-2009, 08:24 AM
CQ may have tough time getting through 2009 at this point!

Craig Grebeck
05-26-2009, 08:28 AM
2011 is a long, long time from now.

esbrechtel
05-26-2009, 08:33 AM
2011 is a long, long time from now.

eh, I think Pods could have one more good year in him....:dunno:

Craig Grebeck
05-26-2009, 08:53 AM
eh, I think Pods could have one more good year in him....:dunno:
I don't really want a LF roaming CF until then. He should merely be a fourth outfielder on this team, nothing more.

Tragg
05-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Pods is hitting .303 right now and has been, by far, the best leadoff man that the Sox have had this year.
He was hitting .260 with a c. 300 obp prior to his 5 on-base night last night.
Getz' first couple of weeks were much better than that.

jamteh
05-26-2009, 09:33 AM
I had PF last summer. It's really painful and annoying. Putting inserts in my shoes really helped, but it still took a long time to go away. While I'm no pro athlete with access to Herm, I would say TCQ needs to take some time to rest it or it'll bug him the rest of the season.

GAsoxfan
05-26-2009, 10:16 AM
I had PF and got rid of it by stretching my foot back and forth over a bottle of frozen water nightly. Worked well. Of course I don't play left field in the MLB.:rolleyes:

I slept with a brace on my foot to keep it stretched out and then made sure to stretch it out some more before I got out of bed. Without surgery, the only real cure is rest and stretching.

KMcMahon817
05-26-2009, 11:53 AM

Haha, giving up on BA so quickly. He has hit .347 since his return from teh dl, and has been clearly had some impact in putting this team in the win column this week. Without BA this season the Sox are 4-12, and with him they are 16-11. It is pretty clear who needs to be in center. I like the job that Pods has done, don't get me wrong. Especially in yesterday's game, he really gets things going. But, he should be no more than our 4th outfielder once Quentin and Wise for that matter are healthy.

kittle42
05-26-2009, 12:57 PM
The Scott Podsednik for CF in 2009 and (shudder) 2010 campaign is quite amusing, if nothing else.