PDA

View Full Version : Iwamura Out for Year with Knee Injury

guillen4life13
05-25-2009, 07:52 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/11786167

Maybe there's an opportunity for the Sox to trade one of Lillibridge/Nix for some other mid-level CF prospect on the Rays?

Boondock Saint
05-25-2009, 07:59 PM
I bet they're going to bring up Beckham.

guillen4life13
05-25-2009, 08:23 PM
I never said anything about GB (who I share initials with, and will therefore refer to him as such from now on). I don't advocate him getting called up, but I do advocate the idea of trading Lillibridge (who as of now is sitting in the minors but could possibly be of use to the Rays) for someone who may find his place on the Sox in due time. I'd rather keep Nix since his defense can be useful--especially on this Sox team where Wilson Betemit is currently the second string 3B.

Boondock Saint
05-25-2009, 08:26 PM
I never said anything about GB (who I share initials with, and will therefore refer to him as such from now on). I don't advocate him getting called up, but I do advocate the idea of trading Lillibridge (who as of now is sitting in the minors but could possibly be of use to the Rays) for someone who may find his place on the Sox in due time. I'd rather keep Nix since his defense can be useful--especially on this Sox team where Wilson Betemit is currently the second string 3B.

I was referring to Tim Beckham. :shrug:

guillen4life13
05-25-2009, 08:28 PM

Ah. I suppose you can see how I would get it mixed up...

DSpivack
05-25-2009, 08:39 PM

I know you were joking, but I doubt it. He had a dissapointing debut last year, and is off to a decent start in A ball now. Sounds like they'll platoon Aybar and Zobrist, which isn't that bad of an option.

Brian26
05-25-2009, 09:59 PM

The only problem with this theory is that Lillibridge has done nothing to warrant receiving anything better than a bag of balls in a trade.

TDog
05-26-2009, 12:10 AM
The Rays aren't a contender in the AL East.

LITTLE NELL
05-26-2009, 06:54 AM
Tough loss for the Rays, Aki knows how to play the game and he will be missed.

palehozenychicty
05-26-2009, 11:03 AM
The Rays aren't a contender in the AL East.

Not right now, but it's only Memorial Day. Their pitching has not gotten on track and they need a closer, but they have a rich system to pick someone. I think they'll be a better team in the second half.

TDog
05-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Not right now, but it's only Memorial Day. Their pitching has not gotten on track and they need a closer, but they have a rich system to pick someone. I think they'll be a better team in the second half.

I don't believe the Rays will be a contender this year. And I don't believe they will trade anything from their farm system to replace Iwamura for the season.

thomas35forever
05-26-2009, 12:33 PM
That's a shame. He's really one of the up and coming stars on that team. It'll definitely be tough to replace him and even tougher for the Rays to climb back in the AL East race.

palehozenychicty
05-26-2009, 08:18 PM
I don't believe the Rays will be a contender this year. And I don't believe they will trade anything from their farm system to replace Iwamura for the season.

To each his own. They very well may flop, but they have enough talent on that roster to contend.