PDA

View Full Version : A positive outlook on the White Sox, and the Peavy deal

Rohan
05-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Interesting article on CBS Sports. Talks about the potential of the White Sox to make a rebound and take the division. Also talks about some of the fallacies that were attributed to Peavy's decision to stay with the Padres.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/11783209

veeter
05-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Suddenly I like Craig Monroe.

slavko
05-25-2009, 03:09 PM
In the paragraph where Peavy tells his friends he likes Ozzie, did he also say that he dissed the AL in hopes of getting the Cubs to come calling again? I don't know how to read it.

goon
05-25-2009, 03:21 PM
I hope the Sox win the division just to make everyone on this site look like an idiot... again.

voodoochile
05-25-2009, 03:24 PM
I hope the Sox win the division just to make everyone on this site look like an idiot... again.

Everyone? See that's what happens when you generalize. You look like an idiot...

Rohan
05-25-2009, 03:30 PM

Which website are you talking about? If you're talking about White Sox Interactive, you fail. There are many people on here who truly believe that the White Sox have a good chance of turning this season around.

tsoxman
05-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Everyone? See that's what happens when you generalize. You look like an idiot...

I for one would gladly put on the dunce cap and wear it unabashedly long...that said, the team as presently constituted ain't going no where but home at season's end.

voodoochile
05-25-2009, 05:02 PM
I for one would gladly put on the dunce cap and wear it unabashedly long...that said, the team as presently constituted ain't going no where but home at season's end.

So it's going somewhere except home? WOOHOO!!! :wink:

I'm not willing to make that statement. Lots can happen and the Tigers aren't exactly world beaters. This team has played as poorly as it can to date. Minor upticks could have a major impact on the divisional race. Minnesota even seems to be finally hitting the bottom of their barrel in terms of finding annoying slap hitters. Of course it's only late May, so they might find an uptick too...

twinslayer
05-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Look, the Tigers and possibly even the Twins and Royals can keep up good ball. The Sox are definitely more than capable of turning it around, but they better get going sometime soon, or we might get into such a big hole that a comeback is unreachable. The Sox WILL rebound though, no doubt.