View Full Version : Sunday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
05-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Did his job.

:anderson:

Well the ninth inning kinda sucked.

Rdy2PlayBall
05-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Too bad he did nothing when it mattered. Oh well.

CLR01
05-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned? :scratch:

It's Dankerific
05-24-2009, 04:46 PM

:rolleyes:

Why did we even have a lead? BA.

He had a hand in EVERY White Sox run.

Rdy2PlayBall
05-24-2009, 04:52 PM
:rolleyes:

Why did we even have a lead? BA.

He had a hand in EVERY White Sox run.I know he has a good game and deserved the PTC. But he didn't do anything in the 9th... it's not like I was lying.

It's Dankerific
05-24-2009, 04:54 PM

I know he has a good game and deserved the PTC. But he didn't do anything in the 9th... it's not like I was lying.

The other 3 runs mattered. We were behind when he hit his HR, and he scored the insurance run.

Its not like it happened on a blowout day.

Rohan
05-24-2009, 04:55 PM

Stop antagonizing so much... He had a good game. He didn't get a hit against the CLOSER. Okay?

Tragg
05-24-2009, 04:57 PM
He's got a .360+ OBP, which towers over the rest of the rot on this team....but he's getting beat on .
Let's bench him for some more of Ozzie's utility infielders who can slap that runner up a base in the clutch.

LoveYourSuit
05-24-2009, 05:05 PM

Get serious.

How about Quentin and Getz?

How about Thome all game.

Daver
05-24-2009, 05:21 PM

You're right, he should have pitched the ninth.

Rdy2PlayBall
05-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Stop antagonizing so much... He had a good game. He didn't get a hit against the CLOSER. Okay?Did you bother reading my other post? Take your aggression out on someone else buddy. Getz and Quentin shouldn't have gotten out either, but is this thread about them? Why does it matter what I said anyway? I should edit it and make it teal because that's what I was going for anyway.

gobears1987
05-24-2009, 10:03 PM
I think BA has the 2nd highest batting average on the team right now. I don't even know what to say to that. I'm not trying to diminish BA's efforts as he has certainly been productive this year, but that doesn't speak highly for everyone not named Paul Konerko.

It's Dankerific
05-24-2009, 10:07 PM
I think BA has the 2nd highest batting average on the team right now. I don't even know what to say to that. I'm not trying to diminish BA's efforts as he has certainly been productive this year, but that doesn't speak highly for everyone not named Paul Konerko.

I DID pick BA for highest batting average on the team in the pre-season predictions.

voodoochile
05-24-2009, 11:58 PM
I DID pick BA for highest batting average on the team in the pre-season predictions.

Yeah, and I pick the Sox to win the World Series each and every year... Doesn't mean I actually expect it to happen, I just refuse to predict losses. It's an ingrained personality quirk, what can I say...

ChiSoxGirl
05-25-2009, 12:54 AM
ANOTHER damn losing TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3783)! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: This is seriously getting old, guys!!!!!

chisoxfanatic
05-25-2009, 01:00 AM
ANOTHER damn losing TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3783)! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: This is seriously getting old, guys!!!!!
Tell me about it! I don't think any of us have winning TBGR-writing records.

ChiSoxGirl
05-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Tell me about it! I don't think any of us have winning TBGR-writing records.

Maybe not, but I'm 0-for-the-season! :o: Can anyone else boast about that?

chisoxfanatic
05-25-2009, 02:21 AM
Maybe not, but I'm 0-for-the-season! :o: Can anyone else boast about that?
It's the darn Sunday record. Sunday is seriously this team's kryptonite.

Now I see why MarySwiss didn't want to be put on the master TBGR schedule. She didn't want to possibly have to cover Sunday games for a 2nd year in a row. :redneck

MarySwiss
05-25-2009, 10:09 AM
It's the darn Sunday record. Sunday is seriously this team's kryptonite.

Now I see why MarySwiss didn't want to be put on the master TBGR schedule. She didn't want to possibly have to cover Sunday games for a 2nd year in a row. :redneck

Actually, I believe this would have been my third straight--fourth year overall--and there's some truth to that! Last year's Sundays weren't quite so bad, but 2007 was a killer! Even when they won, the damn bullpen almost blew it.

But the real reason is that I was just getting a little burned out between writing the TBGRs and my job, which also involves a ton of writing. Plus some personal stuff.

And there's my banjo practice, of course...! :D:

But cheer up, Jen. They can't lose every Sunday.

And there's always :gulp: