PDA

View Full Version : Mark DeRosa?

Rdy2PlayBall
05-21-2009, 08:25 PM
There aren't many players that have played for the Cubs that I can say I actually like. The Indians aren't doing so good and are heard to be looking to trade DeRosa for pitching help... Maybe they would want a look at Clayton and someone else? Maybe Getz or Nix could easily seal the deal? The Sox offense isn't very good and he can provide good defense anywhere on the field.

Don't comment on my trade thoughts just look at what it would take to actually get DeRosa. Whatta-ya think? :?:

getonbckthr
05-21-2009, 08:28 PM
There aren't many players that have played for the Cubs that I can say I actually like. The Indians aren't doing so good and are heard to be looking to trade DeRosa for pitching help... Maybe they would want a look at Clayton and someone else? Maybe Getz or Nix could easily seal the deal? The Sox offense isn't very good and he can provide good defense anywhere on the field.

Don't comment on my trade thoughts just look at what it would take to actually get DeRosa. Whatta-ya think? :?:
At this point I dont think there is anything of value CLeveland would accept for Derosa that would be beneficial to the Sox. Someone like a Peavy, Webb etc etc are young dominant pitchers. Derosa is a nice player who is getting up there in age and I don't think would be a huge difference maker. Now if we were to acquire a Webb or Peavy or Haren then I would love a Derosa deal to quickly follow.

Rdy2PlayBall
05-21-2009, 08:31 PM
At this point I dont think there is anything of value CLeveland would accept for Derosa that would be beneficial to the Sox. Someone like a Peavy, Webb etc etc are young dominant pitchers. Derosa is a nice player who is getting up there in age and I don't think would be a huge difference maker. Now if we were to acquire a Webb or Peavy or Haren then I would love a Derosa deal to quickly follow.A Peavy did sadly will never happen unless the trade involves the Sox moving to the NL because he will piss his pants pitching the the AL. :(:

DumpJerry
05-21-2009, 08:44 PM
At this point I dont think there is anything of value CLeveland would accept for Derosa that would be beneficial to the Sox. Someone like a Peavy, Webb etc etc are young dominant pitchers. Derosa is a nice player who is getting up there in age and I don't think would be a huge difference maker. Now if we were to acquire a Webb or Peavy or Haren then I would love a Derosa deal to quickly follow.
:?:?
DeRosa is golden. He's also not a pitcher. I would love to have him. He would be a tremendous upgrade for the infield (buh bye Betemit).

getonbckthr
05-21-2009, 08:51 PM
:?:?
DeRosa is golden. He's also not a pitcher. I would love to have him. He would be a tremendous upgrade for the infield (buh bye Betemit).
I know he would be an upgrade. I just don't see Derosa as a season changing, winning the division, type move. As asecondary move to another move ya absolutely. We need more pitching 1st though. Once it warms up our offense will start to hit at least history tells us so. But don't take that as an anti-Derosa post.

Paulwny
05-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I doubt that Cleve. will trade within the division.
With Rickie Weeks out for the season, the Brewers might be interested in DeRosa.

Rdy2PlayBall
05-21-2009, 09:02 PM
With Rickie Weeks out for the season, the Brewers might be interested in DeRosa.If they feel they get better than why not?

Paulwny
05-21-2009, 09:07 PM
If they feel they get better than why not?

Most teams don't want to improve teams in their division.
If the trade back fires the fans are usually up in arms.

SOXfnNlansing
05-21-2009, 09:47 PM
I'd take him if we don't give up too much. He's a nice player.

kitekrazy
05-21-2009, 10:38 PM
A lot of Cub fans would like to have him back.

cards press box
05-21-2009, 10:38 PM
With Rickie Weeks out for the season, the Brewers might be interested in DeRosa.

Brewers are a good call. Perhaps the Cardinals have interest in DeRosa as well.

Tragg
05-21-2009, 11:17 PM
He's 34 years old and having a down year. Despite a couple of recent huge years his career obp is only .346 (high for an Ozzie Guillen team, but otherwise not overly exemplary).
Richard and Getz? Come on.

Rdy2PlayBall
05-21-2009, 11:51 PM
He's 34 years old and having a down year. Despite a couple of recent huge years his career obp is only .346 (high for an Ozzie Guillen team, but otherwise not overly exemplary).
Richard and Getz? Come on.Wow. Seriously?... I respect your opinion but I clearly said not to comment on my trade ideas. They were completely random, just throwing out two players. Whatever makes you feel superior though, right?

A slumping DeRosa is an improvement over any of the Sox infielders besides Konerko.

jabrch
05-22-2009, 12:06 AM
I can't think of many players more overrated than Derosa in this town. That's not to say he wouldn't help us - but I surely wouldn't give up anything of value to get him.

DumpJerry
05-22-2009, 12:15 AM
All I have to say is if Kittle42 sees this thread, his head will explode. What is it about DeRosa that causes so many writing errors? I am referring to numerous posts on here, but not the one immediately preceding this one.

hi im skot
05-22-2009, 01:10 AM

This is where I stopped reading. I can think of plenty of current of former Cubs I'll take on my team in a heartbeat.

kittle42
05-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Wow. Seriously?... I respect your opinion but I clearly said not to comment on my trade ideas. They were completely random, just throwing out two players. Whatever makes you feel superior though, right?

Gotta call you out, kid:

"Don't comment on my trade thoughts just look at what it would take to actually get DeRosa. Whatta-ya think?"

He commented on what you mentioned re: what it might take to get DeRosa.

kittle42
05-22-2009, 10:14 AM
All I have to say is if Kittle42 sees this thread, his head will explode. What is it about DeRosa that causes so many writing errors? I am referring to numerous posts on here, but not the one immediately preceding this one.

I have no faith in today's youth. In 10 years, the English language will be a joke.

eriqjaffe
05-22-2009, 10:20 AM
I have no faith in today's youth. In 10 years, the English language will be a joke.OMG U R CRAYZEE, *** R U SAYING LOL!

Sadly, I'm not sure if the teal was truly warranted.

doublem23
05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Wow. Seriously?... I respect your opinion but I clearly said not to comment on my trade ideas. They were completely random, just throwing out two players. Whatever makes you feel superior though, right?

A slumping DeRosa is an improvement over any of the Sox infielders besides Konerko.

Why are you posting things to an internet message board if you don't want people commenting on them?

:spongebob:

Marqhead
05-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Why are you posting things to an internet message board if you don't want people commenting on them?

:spongebob:

Honestly, I was confused by this comment until I saw the Spongebob graphic.

white sox bill
05-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I have no faith in today's youth. In 10 years, the English language will be a joke.
Hell its a joke now

Marqhead
05-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Hell its a joke now

Sure is.

Frater Perdurabo
05-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Hell its a joke now

Sure is.

:rolling:

white sox bill
05-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Sure is.
Absolutly!:bliss::bliss::bliss:

Beer Can Chicken
05-22-2009, 11:09 AM
I like DeRosa but I think the SOX should be more focused on who they can get rid of rather than who they can get.

Tragg
05-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Whatever makes you feel superior though, right?

Don't get so personal. I stated an opinion on Derosa and of trading young talent for him. - I didn't even quote you in the post.
I object to 90% of the trade ideas on here and most of the trades that actually go through. Just my opinion.

southside rocks
05-22-2009, 12:13 PM
I like DeRosa, I liked him before he played for the Cubs and to me, that is completely irrelevant to the question of whether the Sox should get him. I would love to see DeRosa in a Sox uniform, but I wouldn't be happy to see the Sox give up prospects to get him -- and Cleveland probably can get young talent for DeRosa from some other team, so I would guess the chances of the Sox getting him are pretty slim.

I'm not fond of Josh Fields. He hasn't progressed as I hoped he would, and I bet the organization feels the same.

Rdy2PlayBall
05-23-2009, 12:29 AM

:spongebob:I don't want people bashing them even when I knew they weren't good. Whatever. I said not to comment on my ideas just post your own. But people get what they want from my posts, especially when they get the opportunity to attack.

I don't care anymore, I was in a crappy mood yesterday. :rolleyes:

Btw, of the resent players on the Cubs, DeRosa is the one I like most, who cares? I have nothing against DLee and some other players... So what if there are only a few I actually like? No need to stop reading my posts just because of that.