PDA

View Full Version : White Sox-Tigers to play split doubleheader on June 8

SOXfnNlansing
05-21-2009, 05:56 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090521&content_id=4863114&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Something other than Peavy talk to look at.

eriqjaffe
05-21-2009, 05:57 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090521&content_id=4863114&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Something other than Peavy talk to look at.Which of those two games will Peavy start?

WhiteSox1989
05-21-2009, 06:00 PM
So what if you have tickets and can't make it to the rescheduled game..?

scarsofthumper
05-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Then you eat em I assume.

I'm glad it's finally announced.

Rohan
05-23-2009, 05:29 PM

I'll take em :)

slavko
05-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I bet they let you trade them for another game. It pays to call.

Zakath
05-23-2009, 07:07 PM
That makes that homestand in early June 12 games in 11 days, in the middle of 18 games in 17 days (no days off from May 28 to June 15).

At least it's a little easier slate than the one coming out of the All-Star Break...

TDog
05-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Then you eat em I assume.

I'm glad it's finally announced.

MLB has a raincheck policy. If five innings is not played (four and a half, if the home team is leading) on that regular-season date, you can exchange the tickets for a future home game. It's always been that way. Things might be tweaked for teams that are sold out, and certainly postseason baseball is based on the game number and not the date. There are occasions when tickets for postponed games are honored for makeup games, but even then a holder of such a ticket is within his or her rights to exchange it for a different date. I imagine now that teams do premium pricing, there are some exchanges that can't be made straight up, however.

If you have tickets to see the White Sox play the Tigers, and that gets rained out, you are entitled to a ticket for another game. It doesn't have to be a Tigers game. It certainly doesn't need to be the rescheduling of the game that was postponed. You have the right to exchange your raincheck even before a makeup date is announced.

chisoxfanatic
05-23-2009, 07:52 PM
MLB has a raincheck policy. If five innings is not played (four and a half, if the home team is leading) on that regular-season date, you can exchange the tickets for a future home game. It's always been that way. Things might be tweaked for teams that are sold out, and certainly postseason baseball is based on the game number and not the date. There are occasions when tickets for postponed games are honored for makeup games, but even then a holder of such a ticket is within his or her rights to exchange it for a different date. I imagine now that teams do premium pricing, there are some exchanges that can't be made straight up, however.

If you have tickets to see the White Sox play the Tigers, and that gets rained out, you are entitled to a ticket for another game. It doesn't have to be a Tigers game. It certainly doesn't need to be the rescheduling of the game that was postponed. You have the right to exchange your raincheck even before a makeup date is announced.
So, were the White Sox going against MLB's raincheck policy when they stated the tickets to the postponed opening day game would only be good for April home games?

RadioheadRocks
05-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Not too thrilled about it being an early afternoon Monday game, but I'm glad they finally announced the date. Gonna have to burn up a holiday so I can get back to Chicago for it... hopefully the weather will cooperate this time.

TDog
05-23-2009, 08:54 PM
So, were the White Sox going against MLB's raincheck policy when they stated the tickets to the postponed opening day game would only be good for April home games?

A ticket is, in effect, a license agreement. The license agreement should be explained on the ticket stub, but I always buy my tickets at the gate. There may have been some sort of event exemption for opening day that permitted a restriction. That is, the game was given a two-day window, and people who couldn't make the game played on the second-day window were given a break. There might have been seating priorities assigned to the restriction for the opening day exchange announcement.

By all basic rules that baseball has operated under for more than a century, you should be able to exchange your raincheck ticket stub for a ticket of equal or lesser class for any other game, if available. I don't see how a person with a ticket for opening day that was rained out would not be able to exchange it for a ticket for a game in May unless baseball has changed its policy recently to take advantage of fans.

The raincheck policy was established so that fans would know they could go to a game with weather threatening. That was the case when I was a kid and the most expensive ticket at Old Comiskey was $3.50. (Although bleachers were exempt because they didn't actually sell tickets for that seating area.) Now with people paying more than $20 to sit in fair territory, I would think the raincheck policy would be more important than ever.

ewokpelts
05-24-2009, 03:40 PM

If you have tickets to see the White Sox play the Tigers, and that gets rained out, you are entitled to a ticket for another game. It doesn't have to be a Tigers game. It certainly doesn't need to be the rescheduling of the game that was postponed. You have the right to exchange your raincheck even before a makeup date is announced.read the back of the ticket. they changed the rules.

IF a game is NOT rescheduled, then it's a rain check. or, like on april 27th, a standard doubleheader(one ticket, two games) was played. then the original ticket is a gift cert.

as od was rescheduled, they did NOT have to offer makeup dates.