PDA

View Full Version : Start Ginter...NOW!

chisoxfanatic
06-01-2002, 02:00 AM
Glover simply does not have the stuff needed to be a successful major league pitcher at this time. He needs to learn the pitching techniques in the minors before coming back up to the big club. Matt Ginter certainly has been impressing me a lot lately, he has good stuff, and I think he should be given some opportunities to start. The Sox should send Glover down to the minors and bring up someone to fill Ginter's spot in the bullpen, while Ginter takes Glover's place in the rotation. It certainly wouldn't hurt trying this out, especially when Glover hasn't done anything I would consider awe-inspiring!

Heather the Redbird

Daver
06-01-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
Glover simply does not have the stuff needed to be a successful major league pitcher at this time. He needs to learn the pitching techniques in the minors before coming back up to the big club. Matt Ginter certainly has been impressing me a lot lately, he has good stuff, and I think he should be given some opportunities to start. The Sox should send Glover down to the minors and bring up someone to fill Ginter's spot in the bullpen, while Ginter takes Glover's place in the rotation. It certainly wouldn't hurt trying this out, especially when Glover hasn't done anything I would consider awe-inspiring!

Heather the Redbird

You are kidding,right?

MattSharp
06-01-2002, 02:05 AM
I don't agree. Don't mess with his funk that he is in. Let him keep relieving, don't rush him like they always do....

chisoxfanatic
06-01-2002, 02:06 AM
If I were kidding, I would be using the color of teal.

ISUSoxfan
06-01-2002, 02:51 AM
Glover is not a major league starter right now. If the Sox wnt to start him in the future, he needs to learn how to start at a location that will not hurt our team, such as tripple-A. If all he is ever going to be is a reliever, he needs to get back in the pen. I can't get CIU here, so I didn't see tonight's game, but I heard Ginter was the one bright spot. I say give him a chance in the rotation. The worst we could do is lose, like we've been doing.