PDA

View Full Version : Team Meeting Held After the Game

Viva Magglio
05-31-2002, 10:08 PM
It was reported that there was a team meeting after the game.

Jerry_Manuel
05-31-2002, 10:15 PM
Hopefully somebody started breaking something. I don't mind that they lose, but show some emotion.

CerberusWG
05-31-2002, 10:18 PM
:jerry

I brought our 'F' game!

MattSharp
06-01-2002, 01:07 AM
Did Jerry and Kenny announce their resignations?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-01-2002, 06:48 AM
What do you suppose they discussed? Who snores too much?

:)

kevingrt
06-01-2002, 10:28 AM
At least Manuel is trying something

alohafri
06-01-2002, 10:57 AM
I know what I hope he said..."Nardi, you are fired, and I quit!"

GASHWOUND
06-01-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Hopefully somebody started breaking something. I don't mind that they lose, but show some emotion.

That's my take on the whole thing, I don't mind if they lose close ones cause at least they were competitive, but when they show that kind of effort like last night its just plain pathetic..And this isn't the first time they played flat, its probably reaching around 10 times they've played like this...I saw some valentin "quote" where he says something about sometimes it feels like they already lost the game even before he game starts..That's really unacceptable..And we wonder why we don't get big crowds, what kind of person wants to go see a team who only plays hard when they feel like it?? This is disgrace, we're only a measly 2 games over the .500 mark, so they better get their freakin act together before they fall below .500...sheesh, I'm getting sick and tired of this...Lets see what they show today..I expect a victory today..especially with Ritchie sucking it up lately, HUGE game..lets win this series and get on a freakin roll

LongDistanceFan
06-01-2002, 04:35 PM
when it appears that the team meeting didn't do jack for the team.

voodoochile
06-01-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
when it appears that the team meeting didn't do jack for the team.

Now that's no true, at least they only had one horrible inning instead of 9 and the offense did do some damage, just couldn't get over the hump...

There is always tomorrow...

:smile:

LongDistanceFan
06-01-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

:smile: true

kevingrt
06-01-2002, 04:56 PM
I think the team meeting was like 45 minutes, and we did well for about 45 minutes... A coincedence?

duke of dorwood
06-01-2002, 05:51 PM
Yeah, tomorrow. Can you say third place? Have we underachieved enough to show the management is at fault?

duke of dorwood
06-01-2002, 05:54 PM
This just in-they spent 45 minutes discussing the play where Clayton kills a rally by bunting with Alomar on third, and the top of the order coming up.

RedPinStripes
06-01-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

:smile:

It wouldn't hurt to fire the whole managing staff on the field tomorrow. :angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-01-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
This just in-they spent 45 minutes discussing the play where Clayton kills a rally by bunting with Alomar on third, and the top of the order coming up.

This is ridiculous. If Klayton is good for anything, it's lofting a pop fly to score a run in that situation. What the hell is he thinking?????

More than that, what is MANUEL thinking????

Clayton should be prohibited from ever using the words "situational" and "hitting" in the same sentence! :smile:

Clayton needs to be benched and just stew for a game. I bet it doesn't happen.

:jerry
"Bench my nephew? Nah."