PDA

View Full Version : Official '1st Earned Run Allowed Couldn't Have Come At A Worse Time' Post Game Thread


soxinem1
05-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Didn't Lorn Brown used to say 'Lead-off walks score nearly 70% of the time?'

Right now every mistake, missed scoring opportunity, blown double-play is just biting this team in its ass.

At least Thome avoided another shut out.... And Richard pitched VERY well.

If we could just.......... HIT!!!!

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Slider low and away and get swept by the Jays.

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
No more Blue Jays!

ShoelessJoeS
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Props to Clayton... and Thome for avoiding another shutout.

jabrch
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Clayton looked good today. But 2 runs won't win you many ballgames.

guillensdisciple
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
At least Richard pitched well.

johnnyg83
05-18-2009, 02:28 PM
23 runs in 10 games.

2 or less in 6 of 10.

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 02:28 PM
No opposing pitcher, no matter how much experience, should be proud to win a game against us right now. We're just killing ourselves.

BleacherBandit
05-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Didn't watch the game, but I'm starting to get tired of this. And it's not just the hitting, either. We all know how Floyd and Danks have faltered recently. We need to get some answers fast before this gets really out of hand.

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
23 runs in 10 games.

2 or less in 6 of 10.


But who's counting, right?

DirtySox
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Can't win um all. Amirite?

kevingrt
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
So true soxinem1. Every break, minor mistake, or missed opportunity bites us real hard. This team is really hard to watch right now and I do not see it turning around anytime soon.

Two positives (because really we need something):

-Alexei looks better at the plate and continues to get on base.
-Clayton pitched real well.

LoveYourSuit
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
I don't ever recall a season where we have fallen 8 under .500 this quick.

veeter
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Other than Clayton's outing and Scotty's interesting 'run up to the ball' hitting style, another **** ass performance.

doublem23
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Man, we suck.

pasquasroachclip
05-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Can't win um all. Amirite?

More like can't win at all

veeter
05-18-2009, 02:30 PM
i don't ever recall a season where we have fallen 8 under .500 this quick.2001

johnnyg83
05-18-2009, 02:30 PM
But who's counting, right?

I can't help myself. It seems so hard to believe.

Sockinchisox
05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
I don't ever recall a season where we have fallen 8 under .500 this quick.

7 under but still, point taken.

DirtySox
05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
The Twins series might sink this ship.

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
I can't help myself. It seems so hard to believe.


Its not hard for me to believe. Just watching them struggle tells the whole story.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
We have scored 4 or more runs TWO times in the past 10 games.

But But But last year we started 15-17.

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
The Twins series might sink this ship.


I say we sweep the Twins!

veeter
05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Its not hard for me to believe. Just watching them struggle tells the whole story.Yep they deserve to be where they are.

getonbckthr
05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
When do we break camp?

hi im skot
05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
This team is toast.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 02:33 PM
But INSERT NAME OF AWESOME TEAM HERE was 7 games under .500 on May 18, and look what happened to them!

hi im skot
05-18-2009, 02:33 PM
When do we break camp?

:rolling:

doublem23
05-18-2009, 02:33 PM
We have scored 4 or more runs TWO times in the past 10 games.

But But But last year we started 15-17.

But but but you still missed the point of that argument.

DirtySox
05-18-2009, 02:33 PM
We somehow need to get the Barons games on TV instead. Morale would be wonderful.

JB98
05-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Dotel walked the leadoff hitter in the bottom of the eighth. He had a 1-2 count to Bautista and ended up losing him. That's what got us beat today, plain and simple.

The Sox had some momentum after tying it up, and Dotel gave it right back. What a shame, because Richard pitched great and Thome came up with a big hit for us.

esbrechtel
05-18-2009, 02:34 PM
It is a tough time to be a sox fan right now :(:

kevingrt
05-18-2009, 02:34 PM
This team is toast.

Burnt toast too. Doesn't look good or taste good.

kevingrt
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Dotel walked the leadoff hitter in the bottom of the eighth. He had a 1-2 count to Bautista and ended up losing him. That's what got us beat today, plain and simple.

The Sox had so momentum after tying it up, and Dotel gave it right back. What a shame, because Richard pitched great and Thome came up with a big hit for us.

Not going to win too many games scoring two runs though.

veeter
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Burnt toast too. Doesn't look good or taste good.Kinda smells good though.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Dotel walked the leadoff hitter in the bottom of the eighth. He had a 1-2 count to Bautista and ended up losing him. That's what got us beat today, plain and simple.

Scoring only 2 runs got us beat.

BleacherBandit
05-18-2009, 02:36 PM
If this continues into June, I want to see Beckham or Allen by the end of that month. We need something to hold onto. I don't want to look like a fair-weather fan, but who can really keep up with this team if they can't keep up with the Detroit Tigers????

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Burnt toast too. Doesn't look good or taste good.


:shoulder tap: About your signature line- Sox play the Twins on the 19th, not the Pirates

veeter
05-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Not going to win too many games scoring two runs though.Exactly. The lead-off walk was terrible. But it just shows the minimal margin for error for the pitchers. Teams look their worst when they aren't hitting. This team is never hitting.

DirtySox
05-18-2009, 02:36 PM
If this continues into June, I want to see Beckham or Allen by the end of that month. We need something to hold onto. I don't want to look like a fair-weather fan, but who can really keep up with this team if they can't keep up with the Detroit Tigers????

I hope we don't see any of them. Allen might be promoted to Charlotte in June though.

Jerko
05-18-2009, 02:37 PM
you would think with how infrequently we score, the other team would not score the next half inning 95% of the time.

doublem23
05-18-2009, 02:37 PM
If this continues into June, I want to see Beckham or Allen by the end of that month. We need something to hold onto. I don't want to look like a fair-weather fan, but who can really keep up with this team if they can't keep up with the Detroit Tigers????

Definitely, their long-term development be damned. If we're going to stink in 2009, we may as well stink in 2011, too.

Get real. :rolleyes:

It's Dankerific
05-18-2009, 02:37 PM
I guess I am being subtly told that I must accept whatever happens on the field as the best case scenario.

Just another no-fault loss that doesn't at all compromise our chances for a successful season!

veeter
05-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Definitely, their long-term development be damned. If we're going to stink in 2009, we may as well stink in 2011, too.

Get real. :rolleyes:This made me belly laugh.

JB98
05-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Scoring only 2 runs got us beat.

Disagree completely. At 2-2 in the bottom of the eighth, having just tied the game, you have a great chance.

Then, you walk the leadoff hitter and you're right back on your heels again. Dotel has been good this year, but he blew this game. The clown shoes crap to give Bautista third base was critical, too, because it subtracted the low slider from Dotel's arsenal of pitches. As it stood, he damn near lost the game on a wild pitch.

Huisj
05-18-2009, 02:38 PM
So far this year, the first earned run given up by our top relievers has led to a loss. It's happened that way for Jenks, Thornton, Linebrink, and now Dotel.

kevingrt
05-18-2009, 02:38 PM
I guess I am being subtly told that I must accept whatever happens on the field as the best case scenario.

Just another no-fault loss that doesn't at all compromise our chances for a successful season!

It is not like you can change anything.

RockJock07
05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
haven't posted in awhile. I'm just not sure what to say at this point. This division in very winable however at what point do you say that something drastic needs to happen.

The white sox aren't very good however they have faced 2 of the hotter teams in the AL. Still, at some point they could find themselves 6-7 games out by July at the rate they are going. Awful team to watch right now.

LoveYourSuit
05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Juan Pierre would look very nice in a Sox uniform right now and leading off.

Can't believe some people here would prefer keeping Jerry Owens over getting a guy like this.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
But but but you still missed the point of that argument.


No I did not, but thanks.

veeter
05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
I guess I am being subtly told that I must accept whatever happens on the field as the best case scenario.

Just another no-fault loss that doesn't at all compromise our chances for a successful season!Again, belly laugh.

jej254
05-18-2009, 02:40 PM
BA makes that catch.

kevingrt
05-18-2009, 02:40 PM
BA makes that catch.

No only Rob Mackoviawk could make that catch.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Scoring only 2 runs got us beat.

Yes, to say otherwise would be pretty silly.

captainclutch24
05-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Hey, we did better this year against the Jays than last at 1-6. Last year we were 1-7(thought we were 0-8).

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Juan Pierre would look very nice in a Sox uniform right now and leading off.

Can't believe some people here would prefer keeping Jerry Owens over getting a guy like this.


Who ever said that?

doublem23
05-18-2009, 02:41 PM
I guess I am being subtly told that I must accept whatever happens on the field as the best case scenario.

Just another no-fault loss that doesn't at all compromise our chances for a successful season!

Quit your bitching, you whiner. Anderson is rehabbing because he was hurt. He isn't in Charlotte now because he's in Ozzie's mythical doghouse.

You'd be complaining had the Sox promoted him and he aggravated his injury or played well, that they were mishandling him again.

JB98
05-18-2009, 02:41 PM
haven't posted in awhile. I'm just not sure what to say at this point. This division in very winable however at what point do you say that something drastic needs to happen.

The white sox aren't very good however they have faced 2 of the hotter teams in the AL. Still, at some point they could find themselves 6-7 games out by July at the rate they are going. Awful team to watch right now.

They could find themselves 6-7 games out by Wednesday. They are 5.5 back right now.

oeo
05-18-2009, 02:41 PM
This team is embarrassing. :(:

captainclutch24
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
4-12 to start the month. ****ty

JB98
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
BA makes that catch.

I don't have time to worry about players who are on the disabled list. The Sox need to win with the people they have.

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 02:43 PM
4-12 to start the month. ****ty


4? Really? It feels like they haven't even won 2

johnnyg83
05-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I don't have time to worry about players who are on the disabled list. The Sox need to win with the people they have.


They need to win ... but can they?

jej254
05-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I don't have time to worry about players who are on the disabled list. The Sox need to win with the people they have.

very insightful.

LoveYourSuit
05-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Who ever said that?


Plenty of our resident scouts here.

Do a "Juan Pierre" search and you will find out.

LoveYourSuit
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't have time to worry about players who are on the disabled list. The Sox need to win with the people they have.


I agree.

All we heard all spring was about how much depth we had.

How deep are we?

doublem23
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Plenty of our resident scouts here.

Do a "Juan Pierre" search and you will find out.

:rolling:

The superior attitude is hilariously ironic coming from the guy who tries to play internet accountant every chance he gets.

captainclutch24
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
4? Really? It feels like they haven't even won 2
2 come from behind wins keeps it from being 2

hi im skot
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
I agree.

All we heard all spring was about how much depth we had.

How deep are we?

We're in deep ****.

JB98
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
very insightful.

Your post was stupid. Anderson's not on the roster, so who cares whether or not he would have had that ball?

kevingrt
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I agree.

All we heard all spring was about how much depth we had.

How deep are we?

Very deep. 5.5 deep. And we are diggin deeper.

aryzner
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
They could find themselves 6-7 games out by Wednesday. They are 5.5 back right now.
I think he forgot to put a zero behind that 6 and that 7. :redneck:dtroll:

It's Dankerific
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Quit your bitching, you whiner. Anderson is rehabbing because he was hurt. He isn't in Charlotte now because he's in Ozzie's mythical doghouse.

You'd be complaining had the Sox promoted him and he aggravated his injury or played well, that they were mishandling him again.

Sure, that sounds about right.

I'm sure glad I'm being singled out for bitching and being a whiner in this positive game recap thread. But, I did focus on only one reason they lost, instead of the many. I'm sure I was the only person to do that.

JB98
05-18-2009, 02:47 PM
They need to win ... but can they?

Not in Toronto, apparently.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Ouch. 1-6 on the road trip.

Maybe home cooking helps. Maybe sleeping in their own beds help. Maybe being back in their park helps.

Sox fans....hang in there.....:help:

doublem23
05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Sure, that sounds about right.

I'm sure glad I'm being singled out for bitching and being a whiner in this positive game recap thread. But, I did focus on only one reason they lost, instead of the many. I'm sure I was the only person to do that.

This is probably something you should have thought of before you made 3,000 posts of annoying, bitching, whining.

:shrug:

P.S., I'll take the heat for that typo in my post, should have read "play poorly." forgot to put a negative in there somewhere.

LoveYourSuit
05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
:rolling:

The superior attitude is hilariously ironic coming from the guy who tries to play internet accountant every chance he gets.



Never played anything on the internet.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 02:49 PM
very insightful.

Actually, it is. He's on the DL. It's sillier than saying "Quentin would have gotten a hit [in some key situation]" when you knew he wasn't going to play.

WSI - now saying that rehab assignments are pointless.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Sure, that sounds about right.

I'm sure glad I'm being singled out for bitching and being a whiner in this positive game recap thread. But, I did focus on only one reason they lost, instead of the many. I'm sure I was the only person to do that.

What are you complaining about though? A guy is rehabbing in Charlotte instead of being on the major league roster?

oeo
05-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Sox fans....hang in there.....:help:

We can go nowhere but up from here? Right?

aryzner
05-18-2009, 02:50 PM
post game show is hilarious right now

thomas35forever
05-18-2009, 02:50 PM
I never thought I'd say it, but playing the Twins actually sounds refreshing. The way this team is playing, how long will it be before people just don't even bother to tune in?

kevingrt
05-18-2009, 02:50 PM
This is probably something you should have thought of before you made 3,000 posts of annoying, bitching, whining.

:shrug:

:grouphug:

wilburaga
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
The 1983 White Sox (99 wins) started out 16-24. Perhaps we should trade Chris Getz for Juice Cruz.

W

doublem23
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
WSI - now saying that rehab assignments are pointless.

Apparently the entire minor league system is pointless. If some guy can't contribute at the Major League level everyday, right away, **** 'em.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
But but but you still missed the point of that argument.


Actually you are right I thought there was no point to the argument. I would like to know the point though. Could you please enlighten me?

kevingrt
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
post game show is hilarious right now

Which is more entertaining the post game show or this thread?

LoveYourSuit
05-18-2009, 02:52 PM
We can go nowhere but up from here? Right?


I think that's the only positive to look at things. If this is that one awful slump we have all year, wow are we in for a nice run.

soxinem1
05-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Very deep. 5.5 deep. And we are diggin deeper.

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/1/f/c/1fc2ffd1030341d072e937def1feb444.jpg

kittle42
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Apparently the entire minor league system is pointless. If some guy can't contribute at the Major League level everyday, right away, **** 'em.

Forgot about that, dubs. Bring up Beckham! His development in the minors means nothing! NOTHING!

Man, remember when we used to disagree on everything? Funny how the crazies can make two usually opposing factions come together!

LoveYourSuit
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I never thought I'd say it, but playing the Twins actually sounds refreshing. The way this team is playing, how long will it be before people just don't even bother to tune in?

Stony picked just the right season to get back on the TV boot.

No one will be watching.

aryzner
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Which is more entertaining the post game show or this thread?
Post game show to me. I love it when somebody calls in saying something crazy and Rongey just starts to laugh. It's very entertaining.

SoxFan1979
05-18-2009, 02:54 PM
:gah::emo:

doublem23
05-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Actually you are right I thought there was no point to the argument. I would like to know the point though. Could you please enlighten me?

Are you serious? You've never seen a team turn it around after a slow start, especially in this day of wild cards, watered down divisions, and expanded play-offs?

This isn't the 1950s anymore, starting the season cold is no longer a death sentence. No one ever said that the '09 Sox would be respectable or even average when all was said and done, but it was only posted to counter the ridiculous segment of this board that jumps off a cliff everytime the Sox lose a game. Though, 4 games under .500 after 33 games is much better than 7 games under .500 after 36.

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
:gah::emo:


It'll be ok. I don't know how, or when, but it will

JB98
05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Actually, it is. He's on the DL. It's sillier than saying "Quentin would have gotten a hit [in some key situation]" when you knew he wasn't going to play.

WSI - now saying that rehab assignments are pointless.

On this, we agree. The Sox are obviously a better team with Quentin and Anderson in the lineup than they are with Nix and Podsednik. But if guys are not able to play for health reasons, then that's how it goes.

The Sox have to try to win with the men they have available. They say they think Anderson will be ready to go for tomorrow night. If that's the case, good. Get Nix the hell outta there and move Pods to LF. But until Anderson's on the active roster, there's no point in crying about him not being in the game.

It's Dankerific
05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
This is probably something you should have thought of before you made 3,000 posts of annoying, bitching, whining.

:shrug:



that leaves me with a little more than 150 worthwhile posts? Thanks for the constructive criticism. It is more than warranted and appreciated.

thomas35forever
05-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Are you serious? You've never seen a team turn it around after a slow start, especially in this day of wild cards, watered down divisions, and expanded play-offs?

This isn't the 1950s anymore, starting the season cold is no longer a death sentence. No one ever said that the '09 Sox would be respectable or even average when all was said and done, but it was only posted to counter the ridiculous segment of this board that jumps off a cliff everytime the Sox lose a game. Though, 4 games under .500 after 33 games is much better than 7 games under .500 after 36.
Do I need to point out that the '05 Astros started 15-30? People were already starting to pack it in. Know what happened to them? They went to the friggin' World Series.

jej254
05-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Your post was stupid. Anderson's not on the roster, so who cares whether or not he would have had that ball?

My post is stupid? The almighty JB98 has spoken. End thread.

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 02:59 PM
uh oh

:popcorn:

LoveYourSuit
05-18-2009, 02:59 PM
On this, we agree. The Sox are obviously a better team with Quentin and Anderson in the lineup than they are with Nix and Podsednik. But if guys are not able to play for health reasons, then that's how it goes.

The Sox have to try to win with the men they have available. They say they think Anderson will be ready to go for tomorrow night. If that's the case, good. Get Nix the hell outta there and move Pods to LF. But until Anderson's on the active roster, there's no point in crying about him not being in the game.


Not too long ago Nix was going be the next Joe Morgan.

:whiner:

Speaking of, Chris Getz is becoming another problem to me. He is doing nothing of what he was doing in April. It's like he and Fields have drank the stupid kool aide all of a sudden.

JB98
05-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Forgot about that, dubs. Bring up Beckham! His development in the minors means nothing! NOTHING!

Man, remember when we used to disagree on everything? Funny how the crazies can make two usually opposing factions come together!

I'm looking forward to hearing all the assorted arguments on how various Double-A players "can't do worse" than the veterans on the current roster. Yes, they can do worse -- and probably would.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Are you serious? You've never seen a team turn it around after a slow start, especially in this day of wild cards, watered down divisions, and expanded play-offs?

This isn't the 1950s anymore, starting the season cold is no longer a death sentence. No one ever said that the '09 Sox would be respectable or even average when all was said and done, but it was only posted to counter the ridiculous segment of this board that jumps off a cliff everytime the Sox lose a game. Though, 4 games under .500 after 33 games is much better than 7 games under .500 after 36.

Yes I have seen teams turn it around, but again there is no point in comparing the 2009 White Sox to these other teams. I have asked posters who had that sentiment to give me one reason why they think this team will turn it around and heard nothing back. So again this point of the 08 White Sox turning it around with the same record means absolutely nothing in 2009.

If you see something in this team that leads you to believe that it will get better, then I am all for the this can turn around thoughts, but tell me what that is.

It is funny how the "sky is falling posts" are ridiculous, but blind faith posts are welcome.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 03:00 PM
My post is stupid? The almighty JB98 has spoken. End thread.

Well, it just doesn't make any sense. He made his argument as to why your post was off, now make yours.

JB98
05-18-2009, 03:00 PM
My post is stupid? The almighty JB98 has spoken. End thread.

Hey, if you don't like it, don't respond.

asindc
05-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Juan Pierre would look very nice in a Sox uniform right now and leading off.

Can't believe some people here would prefer keeping Jerry Owens over getting a guy like this.

Anyone can be had for the "right" price. You really want the Sox to pay Pierre LAD money?

doublem23
05-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Speaking of, Chris Getz is becoming another problem to me. He is doing nothing of what he was doing in April. It's like he and Fields have drank the stupid kool aide all of a sudden.

That or pitchers have made adjustments to them and they're now helpless to respond because you know Walk doesn't know what to do.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Not too long ago Nix was going be the next Joe Morgan.

That was from the "what a guy does in spring training is completely indicative of his regular season performance" crowd. They also want Kroeger here.

LoveYourSuit
05-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Do I need to point out that the '05 Astros started 15-30? People were already starting to pack it in. Know what happened to them? They went to the friggin' World Series.


But in all honesty, where do you see the Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt on this team?

That Astros pen IMO was also so much better than ours today.

I don't know we can pull off a run like that.

asindc
05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
No I did not, but thanks.

If in fact you did not miss the point, the comment you made strongly suggests that you did.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Hey, if you don't like it, don't respond.

Always a bad argument. If he doesn't like it, he should respond with something actually supporting his position.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Do I need to point out that the '05 Astros started 15-30? People were already starting to pack it in. Know what happened to them? They went to the friggin' World Series.

So what?

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
If in fact you did not miss the point, the comment you made strongly suggests that you did.

And that point is?

asindc
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Plenty of our resident scouts here.

Do a "Juan Pierre" search and you will find out.

How about you do the search and prove it to everyone else.

LoveYourSuit
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Anyone can be had for the "right" price. You really want the Sox to pay Pierre LAD money?


I think the any taker would have been receiving a nice check right behind it to offset some of that salary.


Everyone clearly saw the issue which was going to be the top of the order.

I think had we traded for Pierre and signed Hudson to a 1 yr deal, scoring runs with that top of the order would have not been as big of an issues as it is right now when the sluggers are slumping.

kobo
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
But in all honesty, where do you see the Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt on this team?

That Astros pen IMO was also so much better than ours today.

I don't know we can pull off a run like that.
Out of all the problems this team has, the least of my concerns is the bullpen. Dotel didn't get the job done today, but the pen has been pretty good overall this season.

JB98
05-18-2009, 03:05 PM
That or pitchers have made adjustments to them and they're now helpless to respond because you know Walk doesn't know what to do.

Getz is upper-cutting everything right now. It's ridiculous. We have guys who are paid to hit home runs. Chris Getz isn't one of them.

It doesn't look like ol' Walk is doing much to help Fields either. Boy, Richmond was on the ropes in that seventh inning. He made some crap pitches to Fields, and Josh couldn't do anything with them.

LoveYourSuit
05-18-2009, 03:05 PM
That was from the "what a guy does in spring training is completely indicative of his regular season performance" crowd. They also want Kroeger here.


I tell you what, Nix had me believing too.

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 03:06 PM
I think the any taker would have been receiving a nice check right behind it to offset some of that salary.


Everyone clearly saw the issue which was going to be the top of the order.

I think had we traded for Pierre and signed Hudson to a 1 yr deal, scoring runs with that top of the order would have not been as big of an issues as it is right now when the sluggers are slumping.


Until Walker undid all their hitting karma

PalehosePlanet
05-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Not too long ago Nix was going be the next Joe Morgan.

:whiner:

Speaking of, Chris Getz is becoming another problem to me. He is doing nothing of what he was doing in April. It's like he and Fields have drank the stupid kool aide all of a sudden.

I agree. We need to shakeup the lineup and see if that can kick start the offense. I would bench Getz and Fields and replace them with Nix (2b) and Betemit (3b) for now.

Also, if Quentin goes on the DL, I really hope we bring up, or acquire, an actual outfielder. I'm tired of guys playing out of position nearly every day.

thomas35forever
05-18-2009, 03:07 PM
But in all honesty, where do you see the Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt on this team?

That Astros pen IMO was also so much better than ours today.

I don't know we can pull off a run like that.
I'll stay out of the rotation argument since Buehrle and Danks can't compare to that trio for their careers.

As for the 'pen, ours has been pretty decent. Look at these ERAs:

Dotel - 0.68
Linebrink - 2.08
Thornton - 2.63
Jenks - 2.77
Carrasco - 3.00

Pretty damn impressive if you ask me. I'm just saying that if the hitters would just come around, our 'pen would be seen as better than people give them credit for.

jej254
05-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey, if you don't like it, don't respond.

You the one getting all worked up because I said BA makes that catch. There are some fans who think Pods should not be playing center. Relax, my gosh. We are all frustrated right now but no need to get in a pissing match with another fan. I guess I expect better. Sorry I posted.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Ozzie just sounds depressed in his post game pressers.

kobo
05-18-2009, 03:08 PM
I think had we traded for Pierre and signed Hudson to a 1 yr deal, scoring runs with that top of the order would have not been as big of an issues as it is right now when the sluggers are slumping.
How so? Just because the 2 guys at the top get on you still need the sluggers to knock them in. The middle of the order are all having trouble right now and this team is horrible with runners in scoring position so I don't think Juan Pierre and Orlando Hudson would be making much of a difference.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 03:09 PM
I'll stay out of the rotation argument since Buehrle and Danks can't compare to that trio for their careers.

As for the 'pen, ours has been pretty decent. Look at these ERAs:

Dotel - 0.68
Linebrink - 2.08
Thornton - 2.63
Jenks - 2.77
Carrasco - 3.00

Pretty damn impressive if you ask me. I'm just saying that if the hitters would just come around, our 'pen would be seen as better than people give them credit for.


Great pen is not a difference maker if you never hand them a lead.

Brian26
05-18-2009, 03:10 PM
You the one getting all worked up because I said BA makes that catch. There are some fans who think Pods should not be playing center. Relax, my gosh. We are all frustrated right now but no need to get in a pissing match with another fan. I guess I expect better. Sorry I posted.

No need to apologize. Everyone's emotions are high with this nine-game losing streak.

Demps2
05-18-2009, 03:10 PM
But in all honesty, where do you see the Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt on this team?

That Astros pen IMO was also so much better than ours today.

I don't know we can pull off a run like that.

100% true. this pitching staff is up and down/bad outside of a few guys in the bullpen. this team is embarrassing to watch. can't score and most of the team can't pitch. let me ask you a question-how many of you think Richard is going to do this every start the rest of the season? he is an upgrade over Contreras, but he is not going to do what he did today every night.

PaleHoser
05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Do I need to point out that the '05 Astros started 15-30? People were already starting to pack it in. Know what happened to them? They went to the friggin' World Series.

And the Astros won with a complete idiot managing that team. With the exception of Terry Bevington, Phil Garner is hands-down the worst manager I've ever seen.

Hats off to Clayton Richard for throwing a solid game today.

As for dropping four straight in Toronto, I blame U.S. Customs for not allowing us to bring our bats north.

palehozenychicty
05-18-2009, 03:12 PM
I agree. We need to shakeup the lineup and see if that can kick start the offense. I would bench Getz and Fields and replace them with Nix (2b) and Betemit (3b) for now.

Also, if Quentin goes on the DL, I really hope we bring up, or acquire, an actual outfielder. I'm tired of guys playing out of position nearly every day.


Honestly, these guys need to keep playing. We can't keep giving up on young players the second they get into a bad streak. A month ago, everyone thought that Getz would have a good year. Now, he's garbage. He's not playing well now, but give him time.

kevingrt
05-18-2009, 03:13 PM
uh oh

:popcorn:

Someone famous once said "Getchyour popcorn ready."

Demps2
05-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Getz is upper-cutting everything right now. It's ridiculous. We have guys who are paid to hit home runs. Chris Getz isn't one of them.

It doesn't look like ol' Walk is doing much to help Fields either. Boy, Richmond was on the ropes in that seventh inning. He made some crap pitches to Fields, and Josh couldn't do anything with them.

Getz I'm guessing is batting around .100 lately over the last few weeks. he sucks and right now is a #9 hitter. Fields is striking out at a rate of 200 + times this season. major holes in this lineup. Getz is paid to hit SINGLES not HR's. he needs to hit the ball on the ground or slap hit line drives. he doesn't have the power to hit HR's. not strong enough.

asindc
05-18-2009, 03:14 PM
And that point is?

You say that the 2009 Sox should not be compared to other teams that played lousy in the first half of the season but turned it on afterwards to make the playoffs or at least have a winning season. That suggests that you think those other teams were not losing because they were playing badly, but because of exceptionally bad luck. While some element of luck, good or bad, goes into every season, all teams that have bad records have one thing in common: They are playing lousy baseball. Which brings us to the point (for the 243rd time).

Just because the Sox are playing lousy baseball now doesn't mean they will continue to play lousy baseball for the rest of the season. So when asked how we think the Sox will finish the season, many of us will stick with our original assessment because we know the majority of games have yet to be played and there are many examples of teams turning it around after playing lousy. Therefore, there is no reason to give up on the season at this point.

thomas35forever
05-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Getz I'm guessing is batting around .100 lately over the last few weeks. he sucks and right now is a #9 hitter. Fields is striking out at a rate of 200 + times this season. major holes in this lineup. Getz is paid to hit SINGLES not HR's. he needs to hit the ball on the ground or slap hit line drives. he doesn't have the power to hit HR's. not strong enough.
Getz is hitting .148 in the month of May with one RBI and .045 in the last seven days.

voodoochile
05-18-2009, 03:18 PM
:gah::emo:

Post of the thread. Nothing more needs to be said. Thanks for a perfect 2000 words on the subject. 2001 if you count the "GAAH!"

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
You say that the 2009 Sox should not be compared to other teams that played lousy in the first half of the season but turned it on afterwards to make the playoffs or at least have a winning season. That suggests that you think those other teams were not losing because they were playing badly, but because of exceptionally bad luck. While some element of luck, good or bad, goes into every season, all teams that have bad records have one thing in common: They are playing lousy baseball. Which brings us to the point (for the 243rd time).

Just because the Sox are playing lousy baseball now doesn't mean they will continue to play lousy baseball for the rest of the season. So when asked how we think the Sox will finish the season, many of us will stick with our original assessment because we know the majority of games have yet to be played and there are many examples of teams turning it around after playing lousy. Therefore, there is no reason to give up on the season at this point.

Yet another long post on this subject that gives no reasons why they think the team will turn it around. WHY is there reason to believe that this is a bad stretch and we will turn it around? Our top two starters are the only ones pitching, our offense is atrocious 1-9, we dont play defense, but our bullpen is good. That sure makes me optimistic because hey plenty of teams have turned it around after a bad stretch.

Which brings us to the point (for the 243rd time).

243rd time LOL HAHA! Oh wait still no point was made.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Getz is paid to hit SINGLES not HR's. he needs to hit the ball on the ground or slap hit line drives. he doesn't have the power to hit HR's. not strong enough.

Every time you hit one in the air, you owe me 20 push-ups.

JB98
05-18-2009, 03:26 PM
You the one getting all worked up because I said BA makes that catch. There are some fans who think Pods should not be playing center. Relax, my gosh. We are all frustrated right now but no need to get in a pissing match with another fan. I guess I expect better. Sorry I posted.

Well, who else do you want in CF? Your two options today were Podsednik and Lillibridge. If you don't think Pods belonged out there today, go ahead and make a case for Lillibridge. I'll consider your point if you make a good argument.

It's Dankerific
05-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Well, who else do you want in CF? Your two options today were Podsednik and Lillibridge. If you don't think Pods belonged out there today, go ahead and make a case for Lillibridge. I'll consider your point if you make a good argument.

Why is it not allowed to question the length of time on a rehab assignment?

roster moves affect the team just like lineup decisions.

ChiSoxFan81
05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Why is it not allowed to question the length of time on a rehab assignment?

roster moves affect the team just like lineup decisions.

The Canadian government does not allow weapons of mass destruction across its borders, so BA had to stay down.

asindc
05-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Yet another long post on this subject that gives no reasons why they think the team will turn it around. WHY is there reason to believe that this is a bad stretch and we will turn it around? Our top two starters are the only ones pitching, our offense is atrocious 1-9, we dont play defense, but our bullpen is good. That sure makes me optimistic because hey plenty of teams have turned it around after a bad stretch.



243rd time LOL HAHA! Oh wait still no point was made.

This was posted in a thread you participated in:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2228074&postcount=48

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 03:31 PM
the canadian government does not allow weapons of mass destruction across its borders, so ba had to stay down.


potw

spawn
05-18-2009, 03:33 PM
My post is stupid?
Well, it wasn't smart. :shrug:

spawn
05-18-2009, 03:33 PM
You the one getting all worked up because I said BA makes that catch. There are some fans who think Pods should not be playing center. Relax, my gosh. We are all frustrated right now but no need to get in a pissing match with another fan. I guess I expect better. Sorry I posted.
Kinda hard for BA to make that catch from Charlotte.

voodoochile
05-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Why is it not allowed to question the length of time on a rehab assignment?

roster moves affect the team just like lineup decisions.

What's the point of doing so? If you have some evidence that the Sox are deliberately making this decision with BA being 100% ready then present it, if not, then it's just more management bashing...

kittle42
05-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Why is it not allowed to question the length of time on a rehab assignment?

You know what? You're right. Maybe Anderson was ready after one game, even - we could have had him playing the whole series. Maybe he didn't need an assignment at all. I would look at how much time other guys usually get on rehab assignments, with the Sox and within other organizations, and determine whether there is some fundamental flaw with the Sox' judgment on the length of rehab assignments in general. It is about time this issue - which has long gone overlooked - is investigated. Why aren't these newpaper reporters doing their job?

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 03:37 PM
You know what? You're right. Maybe Anderson was ready after one game, even - we could have had him playing the whole series. Maybe he didn't need an assignment at all. I would look at how much time other guys usually get on rehab assignments, with the Sox and within other organizations, and determine whether there is some fundamental flaw with the Sox' judgment on the length of rehab assignments in general. It is about time this issue - which has long gone overlooked - is investigated. Why aren't these newpaper reporters doing their job?

Exactly if you are going to pull this card then find some data on guys coming back from abdominal strains and what a typical rehab assignment is.

jej254
05-18-2009, 03:40 PM
I'll consider your point if you make a good argument.

Naw, there is no need to. I also realize the Sox options right now are limited. There isnt room for two on your soap box. Take care. Go Sox.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Exactly if you are going to pull this card then find some data on guys coming back from abdominal strains and what a typical rehab assignment is.

Right, and don't just point at statistics. A guy can be hitting .500 on a rehab assignment and still have some pain or feel that there is something he needs to work out a bit more.

Well, dankerific, your quest has been laid out. Perhaps an investigative body can fund your efforts.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Naw, there is no need to. I also realize the Sox options right now are limited. There isnt room for two on your soap box. Take care. Go Sox.

You completely had a chance to defend your statement and chose not to, those conceding the argument.

DaveFeelsRight
05-18-2009, 03:43 PM
When was the last time the Sox were swept in a 4 game set?

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 03:43 PM
This was posted in a thread you participated in:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2228074&postcount=48

I missed that post, now you would agree that is a lot of things to turn around now dont you?

The Quentin thought I am agreement in and Alexei will hit better than 200, but how much better. Floyd will be better than a 7 era, I think, but what signs is he showing that he will be anything more than a 5th starter. Contreras is gone, we can cross that off the list. Fields and Betemit look about the same and Thome looks all or nothing at this point. .240 might be a ceiling for him this year.

cws05champ
05-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Yet another long post on this subject that gives no reasons why they think the team will turn it around. WHY is there reason to believe that this is a bad stretch and we will turn it around? Our top two starters are the only ones pitching, our offense is atrocious 1-9, we dont play defense, but our bullpen is good. That sure makes me optimistic because hey plenty of teams have turned it around after a bad stretch.
243rd time LOL HAHA! Oh wait still no point was made.
Because no team outside the Nationals are this bad for the whole season. The Sox have a bunch of veterans that have good track records. Maybe some are past their productive stages...but here are some reasons why I think they could turn it around:
> The bullpen has been good, 6th best ERA in all of baseball.
> Richard showed some signs of being a capable 5th starter
> Floyd won't be THIS bad for the whole season
> TCM, TCQ have not hit much yet, and will come around if healthy
> Sox were 8-6 with BA as a starter...he'll be back Tuesday.
> Getz will turn it around once he starts to make adjustments he needs to.

Do I expect them to be a playoff team, no...but they are not as bad a team as they have looked this whole month.

ChiSoxFan81
05-18-2009, 03:44 PM
When was the last time the Sox were swept in a 4 game set?

Last May at Toronto?

jabrch
05-18-2009, 03:44 PM
What's the point of doing so? If you have some evidence that the Sox are deliberately making this decision with BA being 100% ready then present it, if not, then it's just more management bashing...

In addition to more management bashing, it is more trolling for an arguement.

I don't believe anybody can spend this much time talking about baseball and understand it this little. Some people just want to argue. And as long as they have a pulpit, and people responding to it, their need to feel important is satisfied.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Right, and don't just point at statistics. A guy can be hitting .500 on a rehab assignment and still have some pain or feel that there is something he needs to work out a bit more.

Well, dankerific, your quest has been laid out. Perhaps an investigative body can fund your efforts.

I wasnt even talking about statistics, but the average number of games played on a rehab from this injury.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 03:47 PM
I wasnt even talking about statistics, but the average number of games played on a rehab from this injury.

No, dude. I was agreeing with you, and my "don't bring up statistics" was to counter what I thought dankerific would respond with.

kobo
05-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Why is it not allowed to question the length of time on a rehab assignment?

roster moves affect the team just like lineup decisions.
Wait, are you really implying the Sox are keeping him on his rehab assignment so he won't be on the ML roster? Are you ****ing serious?

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 03:49 PM
When was the last time the Sox were swept in a 4 game set?


We got swept out of Toronto last year too

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Maybe some are past their productive stages...but here are some reasons why I think they could turn it around:

> The bullpen has been good, 6th best ERA in all of baseball
Agreed, but a pen that never has a lead is not going to turn around this team.

> Richard showed some signs of being a capable 5th starterSample size, but I think he will be much better than Contreras.
> Floyd won't be THIS bad for the whole seasonI see no signs why this is anything more than a fan hoping.

> TCM, TCQ have not hit much yet, and will come around if healthyQuentin will be fine, but Alexei's approach is bad and he is going to have to adjust to the league seeing him in his 2nd year.

> Sox were 8-6 with BA as a starter...he'll be back Tuesday.I have always supported BA being our starter, but hanging your hat on BA coming back to save the season? Have fun with that.
> Getz will turn it around once he starts to make adjustments he needs to.We will see, but considering we have never seen Getz play for a meaningful stretch, I dont how you can say this with any authority.

Do I expect them to be a playoff team, no...but they are not as bad a team as they have looked this whole month.

Well I think they can get close to .500 too, but that isnt what the argument was about.

It's Dankerific
05-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Why look up typical rehab assignments for a strain that is different for every body? Like I posted in the other thread (and I am just posting here for fear of people thinking I'm ignoring these points) is that Ozzie/management themselves first said it wasn't that bad, didnt need a DL trip. Then they said it he'd be back the first day he was eligible. Then Ozzie intimated to the Tribune that BA wouldn't be back as soon as BA thought he would.

And then, if I can't point to the fact that BA has been playing well on his rehab assignment as proof of his health, then what good would some study do for you?

the moment he played the field, hit the ball well, got a triple, should have been the moment they got on the phone.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 03:52 PM
No, dude. I was agreeing with you, and my "don't bring up statistics" was to counter what I thought dankerific would respond with.

No, I know you were, I was just wanted to be clear I dont care about performance down there. I just want to see how long a typical rehab assignment from this injury is.

ChiSoxFan81
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
As bad as this seems so far, I wonder if people were saying the same thing last year. We are only 3 games behind where we were at this point last year, but we had already come off the horrendous 0-6 Minny/Toronto trip and were starting to heat up. I have no argument to show this will be the case this year, but I'm getting deja vu after another sweep by the Jays. We can only hope.....

kidmccarthy
05-18-2009, 04:03 PM
I have been happy with the bullpen so far. Pauly is back, which is great, and Richard was solid today. We have mainly been playing 1st place teams, so maybe some home cooking and some hotter nights this week will help those pop outs carry further...Sorry Im really trying to be positive.

guillensdisciple
05-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Why look up typical rehab assignments for a strain that is different for every body? Like I posted in the other thread (and I am just posting here for fear of people thinking I'm ignoring these points) is that Ozzie/management themselves first said it wasn't that bad, didnt need a DL trip. Then they said it he'd be back the first day he was eligible. Then Ozzie intimated to the Tribune that BA wouldn't be back as soon as BA thought he would.

And then, if I can't point to the fact that BA has been playing well on his rehab assignment as proof of his health, then what good would some study do for you?

the moment he played the field, hit the ball well, got a triple, should have been the moment they got on the phone.

White Sox conspiracy theories bahahahahahaha.

You are hilarious, and your love of B.A is getting old. Everyone understands he has done well, and he will be back, so stop trying to find more reason to fight for him when there is not one. He deserves the Center field spot right now, I don't know why you continue stirring the pot.

CubKilla
05-18-2009, 04:05 PM
At least all but one of the RBI's in todays game helped my fantasy team!

DirtySox
05-18-2009, 04:11 PM
you are hilarious, and your love of b.a is getting old. Everyone understands he has done well, and he will be back, so stop trying to find more reason to fight for him when there is not one. He deserves the center field spot right now, i don't know why you continue stirring the pot.

+485734957345

It's Dankerific
05-18-2009, 04:16 PM
White Sox conspiracy theories bahahahahahaha.

You are hilarious, and your love of B.A is getting old. Everyone understands he has done well, and he will be back, so stop trying to find more reason to fight for him when there is not one. He deserves the Center field spot right now, I don't know why you continue stirring the pot.

I simply wanted to point out a game where a lack of CF defense costed a game. In the past, that point had been debated plenty. Here was clear evidence of that fact, and it was quickly buried.

I dont doubt the majority want BA back in CF as soon as possible. A few just want to argue about losing points from a few months ago (Defense not costing wins).

kittle42
05-18-2009, 04:17 PM
You are hilarious, and your love of B.A is getting old. Everyone understands he has done well, and he will be back, so stop trying to find more reason to fight for him when there is not one. He deserves the Center field spot right now, I don't know why you continue stirring the pot.

Very well said. I think he just missed the constant bickering.

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Very well said. I think he just missed the constant bickering.


Its certainly distracting the discussion from the 92 other things that are wrong with the Sox.

Although, I am impressed he's fighting the fight in two threads at the same time.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 04:20 PM
I simply wanted to point out a game where a lack of CF defense costed a game. In the past, that point had been debated plenty. Here was clear evidence of that fact, and it was quickly buried.

I dont doubt the majority want BA back in CF as soon as possible. A few just want to argue about losing points from a few months ago (Defense not costing wins).

Should I even bother pointing out the fact that, had Anderson been in CF from the start of the game, so many different variables would have had to occur for that exact situation to have presented itself again? But sports fans never seem to understand that, so I won't.

You are not debating the fact that defense could cost a game. You are debating whether the Sox are stupid as an organization for determining that a larger number of games than you think are necessary are actually necessary for a rehabilitation assignment for this player and this injury.

It's Dankerific
05-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Should I even bother pointing out the fact that, had Anderson been in CF from the start of the game, so many different variables would have had to occur for that exact situation to have presented itself again? But sports fans never seem to understand that, so I won't.

You are not debating the fact that defense could cost a game. You are debating whether the Sox are stupid as an organization for determining that a larger number of games than you think are necessary are actually necessary for a rehabilitation assignment for this player and this injury.

My original post simply asked that this game be entered in the memory banks of the people that said OF defense never costs us a game.

It devolved into a rehab assignment debate.

Your first point is a bit ridiculous. The same point could be made had the game started one minute (or one second) earlier/later. That also leaves open the fact that perhaps if one less fan had attended the game, the game would be different, butterflies in china, etc. etc. etc.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 04:26 PM
My original post simply asked that this game be entered in the memory banks of the people that said OF defense never costs us a game.

It devolved into a rehab assignment debate.

Bull****.

From the game thread today:

I thought CF defense hardly ever affects anything?

SO GLAD that Brian is down in Charlotte when he's physically fine From postgame:

I IMPLORE all of the usual suspects who can't fathom when CF defense will cost a game to put THIS game in the memory banks. PLEASE.

Again, so glad BA is enjoying the spring in Charlotte.

If you want to pretend not to be full of crap, at least don't leave the crap sitting around with a trail leading straight to the source.

hi im skot
05-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Why look up typical rehab assignments for a strain that is different for every body? Like I posted in the other thread (and I am just posting here for fear of people thinking I'm ignoring these points) is that Ozzie/management themselves first said it wasn't that bad, didnt need a DL trip. Then they said it he'd be back the first day he was eligible. Then Ozzie intimated to the Tribune that BA wouldn't be back as soon as BA thought he would.

And then, if I can't point to the fact that BA has been playing well on his rehab assignment as proof of his health, then what good would some study do for you?

the moment he played the field, hit the ball well, got a triple, should have been the moment they got on the phone.

You're insane, Mrs. Anderson.

BadBobbyJenks
05-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Check and Mate.

It's Dankerific
05-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Bull****.

From the game thread today:

From postgame:



If you want to pretend not to be full of crap, at least don't leave the crap sitting around with a trail leading straight to the source.


I guess that Its not reasonable to note that each time, there was a first sentence. That made the original point. then a whole new space signifying a new paragraph, then a sarcastic point about BA enjoying his rehab.

eriqjaffe
05-18-2009, 04:36 PM
This thread should've been named "SOMBER SWEEP".

Dibbs
05-18-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm not even mad we lost. I am actually impressed we got seven hits!

SoxGirl4Life
05-18-2009, 04:39 PM
This thread should've been named "SOMBER SWEEP".


Why? No one's talking about the actual game in here.

Its all about BA and why Ozzie hates him and why he couldn't have flown in from charlotte in time to make the play in center that cost us the game.

kittle42
05-18-2009, 04:42 PM
I guess that Its not reasonable to note that each time, there was a first sentence. That made the original point. then a whole new space signifying a new paragraph, then a sarcastic point about BA enjoying his rehab.

God, you are tiring. What, pray tell, did you mean by your "sarcastic points" other than you felt Anderson was ready to come back from his rehab assignment and, in fact should have been playing today? You have backed that up above with your posts about his performance on rehab. How can you continue responding one way to one post and another to others just a few keystrokes away from each other?

Your claim is that you did not start the rehab debate - it is that you merely started the "CF defense can cost games" debate. Your first sentence started the CF defense debate. Your second sentence, in the same exact post, started the rehab debate.

So no, to answer your question, it is not reasonable.


I have to start agreeing with jabrch - it's just trolling.

soltrain21
05-18-2009, 04:42 PM
I think I'd like it more if our team was better.

It's Dankerific
05-18-2009, 04:51 PM
God, you are tiring. What, pray tell, did you mean by your "sarcastic points" other than you felt Anderson was ready to come back from his rehab assignment and, in fact should have been playing today? You have backed that up above with your posts about his performance on rehab. How can you continue responding one way to one post and another to others just a few keystrokes away from each other?

Your claim is that you did not start the rehab debate - it is that you merely started the "CF defense can cost games" debate. Your first sentence started the CF defense debate. Your second sentence, in the same exact post, started the rehab debate.

So no, to answer your question, it is not reasonable.


I have to start agreeing with jabrch - it's just trolling.

And each response has been about rehab instead of defense. So, i am accurate in saying it all has devolved into a rehab discussion. Im not disagreeing that my posts prompted the rehab talk. jeez. why do you make these huge leaps of logic?

the one response to the CF defense point other than "lets not talk about that" has been your butterfly effect post.

If ANYONE would like to talk about how CF defense cost the game in the game thread, i would LOVE it.

If you want to continue talking about the rehab in the roadhouse, thats fine with me too, but its not as interesting. But I'm not going to sit here and applaud the fine work of keeping lillibridge on the roster or ignore the current lack of enough OF people to play in the OF, when BA seems ready.

chisox77
05-18-2009, 04:54 PM
So, who do the White Sox trade first?

oeo
05-18-2009, 04:56 PM
So, who do the White Sox trade first?

Brian Anderson and It's Dankerific for a bucket of balls.

spawn
05-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Its certainly distracting the discussion from the 92 other things that are wrong with the Sox.

Although, I am impressed he's fighting the fight in two threads at the same time.
That ends now. If anyone wants to discuss BA or the White Sox "mistreatment" of him, do so here

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111134

in the appropriate thread. I'd really hate for my first rip of a member to be over Brian Freakin' Anderson, but it will happen if the discussion continues here.

Jerko
05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
http://www.modreactor.com/forum/images/smilies/732_spanking.gif

The Sox are on the right. :angry:

oeo
05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
http://www.modreactor.com/forum/images/smilies/732_spanking.gif

The Sox are on the right. :angry:

That looks like it hurts.

AzureJazzMan
05-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Ok, I'm sorry I haven't posted. What's even worse is watching this team right now. But, I am hoping for some stupid luck, so here goes...Since this is my first post of the '09 season (family issues...don't ask) it will hopefully cause a rift in the time stream continuum and start these sliding Sox into an alternate universe and starting tomorrow they will begin a 5-7 game winning streak.

If not, I at least gave it a shot. :redneck Go Sox!!!

whitem0nkey
05-18-2009, 05:35 PM
I just checked the box score after not knowing what happened, and I thought to myself, hey we only lost by 1 run, not bad.

kevingrt
05-18-2009, 06:30 PM
That ends now. If anyone wants to discuss BA or the White Sox "mistreatment" of him, do so here

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111134

in the appropriate thread. I'd really hate for my first rip of a member to be over Brian Freakin' Anderson, but it will happen if the discussion continues here.

Love it when new mods get down and dirty right off the bat! :club:

Soxman219
05-18-2009, 07:36 PM
The only positive I'm hanging on to is that it just can't get any worse.

tstrike2000
05-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Reminds me a little of May of '01 when the Sox were at one point 14-29. They actually finished that season with a winning record. All we need is Jeff Liefer to come back and fix this offense.

JB98
05-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Reminds me a little of May of '01 when the Sox were at one point 14-29. They acutally finished that season with a winning record. All we need is Jeff Liefer to come back and fix this offense.

Good call. That's EXACTLY what this reminds me of. A lot of people have talked about 2007, but this team has a closer resemblance to the 2001 club, IMO.

Last year, I thought the 2008 club reminded me of 2003. Fortunately, last year's club won a few more games than the '03 team and snuck into the playoffs.

Noneck
05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Good call. That's EXACTLY what this reminds me of. A lot of people have talked about 2007, but this team has a closer resemblance to the 2001 club, IMO.



That was another brutal year, They were not in the hunt the whole year.

JB98
05-18-2009, 08:04 PM
That was another brutal year, They were not in the hunt the whole year.

The 2001 club was much like this one in that nobody on the whole roster could buy a clutch hit.

It was a season doomed by incredible underachievement at the plate and a pitching staff that was injured and lacking depth.

Tragg
05-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Now the bullpen's blowing the games. Can't put every game on their backs.
The offense is virtually impotent again.

The Jays have had a high percentage of runs scored per hit. They get 3 runs on 4 hits tonight.

Nice effort for Richard. He's a good pitcher.

DonnieDarko
05-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Nice effort for Richard. He's a good pitcher

Book's out on that one, I would think. But he certainly showed a lot in this outing. He was pitching like crap for the first few batters, but recovered quite nicely and allowed only 1 ER.