PDA

View Full Version : From 5/29 - 8/9, all of our games in the Midwest

sunofgold
05-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Just looking at the schedule at it is pretty crazy in a good way. From May 29 through August 9 (sorry not the 10th), we play all of our games in the Midwest (IL, MIN, WI, OH, MI, MO)

We play interleague games against NL Central this year and our away games are in Cincinnati, Milwaukee (almost a Chicago suburb. hahah) and of course the Cubbies.

If you wanted to travel with this team around this summer, it would be very easy. Be a WHITE SOX groupie. I have never seen such a stretch on the schedule where there are no trips to the West Coast, East Coast, Canada, or the South.

Could this help the White Sox in terms of more wins? I don't know. Maybe. Less jetlag and less travel time. Guess that would be open to debate. hahaa!

And just remembered. All-Star Game is in the Midwest as well. St. Louie.

DonnieDarko
05-15-2009, 11:58 PM
If I had money, I might think of doing it. Sadly, that's not possible right now.

sunofgold
05-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Sleep in your car. Buy the cheapest ticket possible. Just pay for gas and tickets. Stock up on food for the road trip when the White Sox are at home. This would make a cool documentary. hahah! Maybe get a corporate sponsor. hahaha!

eriqjaffe
05-16-2009, 12:53 AM
All-Star Game is in the Midwest as well. St. Louie.Somehow, I'm not getting the feeling that fatigue from traveling to the All-Star Game is going to have much of an effect on the Sox this year.

DrCrawdad
05-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Sleep in your car. Buy the cheapest ticket possible. Just pay for gas and tickets. Stock up on food for the road trip when the White Sox are at home. This would make a cool documentary. hahah! Maybe get a corporate sponsor. hahaha!

Don't drive your car, use the ...

http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blogs/intelligenttravel/Megabus.jpg (http://www.megabus.com/us/index.php)

DumpJerry
05-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Stock up on food for the road trip when the White Sox are at home.
Yeah, you really don't want to buy food in those strange cities. You never know what you're getting (especially good advice given that Chicago has the highest cost of living of all the cities) .......

sunofgold
05-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Milwaukee has good food too. C'mon, you don't know want to buy food in Ohio. That would be crazy. haaha!

This wouldn't be a bad trip for college students. Probably would stay at hostels (those are fun aren't they). I remember hearing that in the summer some colleges convert their dorms into hostels.

I only see a couple tough spots if you are going to try to get every game (if you are driving). You have to drive from Cleveland to Kansas City in less than 24 hours.