PDA

View Full Version : Crede injured?

DrCrawdad
05-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Just saw this about Crede in the Twins Yahoo game (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=290515110):

MINNESOTA THIRD BASEMAN JOE CREDE LEFT THE GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FIFTH INNING WITH AN UNDISCLOSED INJURY.

SoxGirl4Life
05-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Back tightness

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090515&content_id=4754158&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

Although there's a pic of Joe celebrating his walk-off grand slam in a Twins uniform - painful

Frater Perdurabo
05-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Big surprise.

I wish no ill will on Crede, or on the Twins. But these back injuries tend not to go away. :(:

sunofgold
05-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Guy playing on artifical turf with a bad back. And diving for balls is his specialty. Not a recipe for success.

WhiteSox5187
05-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Big surprise.

I wish no ill will on Crede, or on the Twins. But these back injuries tend not to go away. :(:

That fact should worry the Twins, not because of Crede, but because of Mauer.

GoGoCrede
05-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Hope he's all right, and back on his feet soon. But yeesh, that photo of him celebrating with Minnesota is painful.

DumpJerry
05-15-2009, 10:10 PM
So, it took 35 games........

There's a reason why nobody else gave him an offer. Sciatica does not go away.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2009, 10:11 PM
That fact should worry the Twins, not because of Crede, but because of Mauer.

Mauer and Morneu are hitting the cover off the ball, they just don't skp a beat.

Sort of what I was imagining from Quentin and Dye this year, so far not quite.

TDog
05-15-2009, 10:13 PM
So, it took 35 games........

There's a reason why nobody else gave him an offer. Sciatica does not go away.

The Giants gave Crede an offer, but they didn't offer as much as the Twins.

WhiteSox5187
05-16-2009, 02:14 AM
Mauer and Morneu are hitting the cover off the ball, they just don't skp a beat.

Sort of what I was imagining from Quentin and Dye this year, so far not quite.

My point was that Mauer has the same thing that Crede has. Crede was still capable of hitting and hitting quite well when he had that, but it hurts you over the long term.

Nellie_Fox
05-16-2009, 02:31 AM
My point was that Mauer has the same thing that Crede has. Except that Mauer and Crede don't have "the same thing," unless by "the same thing" you are talking about "a back injury." Crede has disk problems. Mauer had an inflamed sacroiliac, for reasons they could not determine, and which now seems to be under control.

I'm not saying Mauer won't have a recurrence, but those are very different.

DrCrawdad
05-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Except that Mauer and Crede don't have "the same thing," unless by "the same thing" you are talking about "a back injury." Crede has disk problems. Mauer had an inflamed sacroiliac, for reasons they could not determine, and which now seems to be under control.

I'm not saying Mauer won't have a recurrence, but those are very different.

"How long has it been bothering you? Oh, since about a week back..."

:):bandance::)

SoxGirl4Life
05-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Big surprise.

I was just trying to think at what point of the season Joe's back went out last year. I thought it was more toward the end of July. I know in 2007 it was June.

He'll probably go in and out of the line-up for a while. I feel for Joe, but can't say I'm surprised. Reminds me of Carl's strip from last year.

http://palehose8.blogspot.com/2008/09/regarding-angels.html

FloridaTigers
05-16-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm so sad.

:wink:

SoxGirl4Life
05-16-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm so sad.

:wink:

Did you guys put the hex on him after that walk off granny?

Seriously, for his own sake, I hope he's ok. I don't think having a third back surgery in three years is advisable.

southside rocks
05-16-2009, 10:58 AM
I miss Joe Crede more than I miss any other player that has left the Sox from the '05 team; but I never for one minute expected Joe to be back with the Sox this year, because it was impossible to expect him to play regularly with the condition of his back.

I'm really, really sorry for Joe that his back trouble became a huge problem just as he was getting to the time in his career where he could cash in. If he were the Joe Crede of a few years ago, he could reasonably expect to have offers of multi-year, high-dollar contracts.

I'm sad for Joe and for the Sox that things turned out the way they did.

whitem0nkey
05-16-2009, 12:41 PM
congrads to KW on seeing this a mile away and making the right call.

LITTLE NELL
05-16-2009, 02:23 PM
congrads to KW on seeing this a mile away and making the right call.
I think we all saw this coming.

jabrch
05-16-2009, 02:36 PM
And the sun will rise tomorrow...

FloridaTigers
05-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Did you guys put the hex on him after that walk off granny?

Seriously, for his own sake, I hope he's ok. I don't think having a third back surgery in three years is advisable.

I would never wish injury, regardless if its Joe Crede or anyone else.

That said, if he has his third back surgery, Tigers fans won't miss him.

SoxGirl4Life
05-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I would never wish injury, regardless if its Joe Crede or anyone else.

That said, if he has his third back surgery, Tigers fans won't miss him.

I was teasing about wishing injury. Sorry, should have put some kinda smilie face in there. I think right now, Sox fans and Tigers fans feel the same way about the Twins.

sunofgold
05-16-2009, 10:31 PM
I imagine so. If not, he is going to be playing with a bad back and a bad hammy. I really liked Crede as a White Sox player, but now I can look at him more objectively. And I realistically don't see much more playing time for him.

The back and other health issues are going to shorten his career. Maybe the only option is some team could make him a DH.

JB98
05-16-2009, 10:49 PM
I imagine so. If not, he is going to be playing with a bad back and a bad hammy. I really liked Crede as a White Sox player, but now I can look at him more objectively. And I realistically don't see much more playing time for him.

The back and other health issues are going to shorten his career. Maybe the only option is some team could make him a DH.

I don't think Crede is a good enough hitter to be a DH. I always thought his biggest value to a team was his glove at 3B. If he's no longer capable of giving a team that great defense, he really isn't worth having around.

october23sp
05-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Well Score one for me.:bandance:After telling several Twin fans at my school that were bragging about the grand slam that he would be out by mid July at the latest. Looks like it would be mid-May.:D:

GlassSox
05-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Sad to hear about Joe. Sure do miss the 2005 Joe Crede and hope he does not need more surgery.

spawn
05-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Well Score one for me.:bandance:After telling several Twin fans at my school that were bragging about the grand slam that he would be out by mid July at the latest. Looks like it would be mid-May.:D:
Congratulations for predicting the injury of a former Sox player and gleefully celebrating it. You must be so proud of yourself.

hi im skot
05-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Congratulations for predicting the injury of a former Sox player and gleefully celebrating it. You must be so proud of yourself.

Seriously.

Thumbs down.

october23sp
05-17-2009, 11:39 PM

He's not so much a former Sox player as he is a Twins player, my most hated team in all of baseball. And I'm not so much happy that he's injured its that all those Twins fans thought he'd go the whole year without an injury and its funny to laugh in their faces during an awful stretch that the Sox are in. The Cubsession threads make me realize it's impossible to not have "Twinsession" where I live. I'll be happy over anything that goes wrong for them. I do not dislike Crede nearly as much as the likes of Punto or Gomez but he's no longer on the Sox.

Forget about him being on the Sox formerly. Say John Doe is on the Marlins and he's a pretty solid player both with the bat and defensively but he has had a nagging back injury that has plagued him over the years. The Twins sign him and he does what Joe Crede does with the Grand Slam, Twins fans will call him the savior of the season, I'll say watch that back injury, and then when his back gets injured I laugh at the people who call him savior.

nug0hs
06-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Aaaand Crede is on the bench again with a sore back. When he first signed with the Twins I gave his back until July 4 before it dissolved. Looks like he's on pace to meet my estimate.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/48035677.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUqCP:iUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU LPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

GoGoCrede
06-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Aaaand Crede is on the bench again with a sore back. When he first signed with the Twins I gave his back until July 4 before it dissolved. Looks like he's on pace to meet my estimate.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/48035677.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUqCP:iUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU LPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Hope he bounces back and has a great rest of the season, with his team finishing in second behind us. :redneck

ode to veeck
06-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Hope he bounces back and has a great rest of the season, with his team finishing in second behind us. :redneck

absolutely

It's Dankerific
06-16-2009, 08:16 PM
He's batting Clean-up tonight. the news of his downfall, exaggerated again.

Nellie_Fox
06-17-2009, 02:15 AM
He's batting Clean-up tonight. the news of his downfall, exaggerated again.And he made a couple of great defensive plays, and went 2 for 4.

Whitesoxfan23
06-17-2009, 02:26 AM
Regardless of Crede's health issues, he has been much better than Josh Fields. Give me Crede anyday.

Southsider101
06-20-2009, 09:20 PM
With Nick Punto coming off the DL, the Twins also want to give Brenden Harris an opportunity to pay as he's been hot at the plate. Crede often will not play a day game after a night game due to his back problems. With the Twins playing Houston in this weekend, this also eliminates his chance as a DH. I would suggest that when the Twins get past the NL Central portion of the schedule, you'll see more of Joe in the lineup.

Joe has a two year contract with the Twins, and I know the guy is looking forward to playing (on real grass) in the new ballpark next year.

Lip Man 1
06-20-2009, 10:43 PM
I thought it was a one year deal?

Lip

DSpivack
06-21-2009, 03:20 AM
With Nick Punto coming off the DL, the Twins also want to give Brenden Harris an opportunity to pay as he's been hot at the plate. Crede often will not play a day game after a night game due to his back problems. With the Twins playing Houston in this weekend, this also eliminates his chance as a DH. I would suggest that when the Twins get past the NL Central portion of the schedule, you'll see more of Joe in the lineup.

Joe has a two year contract with the Twins, and I know the guy is looking forward to playing (on real grass) in the new ballpark next year.

I thought it was a one year deal?

Lip

Yep, one year deal.

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/minnesota-twins_17.html