PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5-15 This is for the birds; Jays poop all over Sox, 8-3

Frater Perdurabo
05-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Bloviate...

Frankfan4life
05-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Great job by Lance Broadway. That is all.

LoveYourSuit
We scored 3 runs or less AGAIN.

What can you say.

Starters need to be perfect or we have no chance.

The bullpen is still holding ground, that might be our last hope here.

JB98
Another boring game. The outcome was decided by the end of the fourth inning. Nothing positive to speak of.

Railsplitter
Or regurgitate

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Great job by Lance Broadway. That is all.

Under the circumstances, I think Carrasco was ok too. He has been over-worked and he probably didn't have enough time to warm up today.

So he gets a tip of my hat too.

SoxGirl4Life
05-15-2009, 08:37 PM
It was over quick. We didn't get shut out. ummm.. Broadway was ok.

Frater Perdurabo
05-15-2009, 08:37 PM
With each pathetic performance I find myself caring less and less. :(:

Frankfan4life
05-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Under the circumstances, I think Carrasco was ok too. He has been over-worked and he probably didn't have enough time to warm up today.

So he gets a tip of my hat too.I'll grudgingly agree. Giving up only one run was not a bad effort.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Not that it matters because it's like the etire offense is not going anyhwere. But I think the Quentin hitting 3rd thing should have the plug pullled.

I would go:

Konerko
Dye
Thome
Quentin
AJ

Jim Shorts
05-15-2009, 08:40 PM
This is exactly how our bullpen ran into problems and injuries last year.

If you don't learn from history and stuff...

Coming into this season with our 4 and 5 was really hoping for hope.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2009, 08:41 PM
I'll grudgingly agree. Giving up only one run was not a bad effort.

While our bullpen was imploding last season, DJ was a huge asset for us eating up crucial innings.

The starters have imploded this year, and he is doing the same for them.

DJ has earned my respect big time.

Frater Perdurabo
05-15-2009, 08:43 PM

Yeah, but none of us expected our 2 and 3 to suck, and Quentin to suck, and Alexei to suck.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2009, 08:46 PM

I agree.
I am done blaming the players on the field for this train wreck. The offseason we had is what has put us in this position.

We got a bit too confident with what was accomplished last year and decided not to add in fact subtract. Quentin, Alexei, Gavin, Danks all had career years last year, and now they have all struggled so far.

whitesoxfan1986
05-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Is bloviate a word, or just something you made up?
Anyway, This team is playing like **** right now and the lineup, Danks and Floyd need to correct their rectal-cranial inversions PDQ or this is going to get out of hand. I'm not giving up hope yet, because this division is crap. I look forward to the summer so much so I can watch the Sox, but this crap is just so unenjoyable right now. I kind of need the Sox to either turn it around or start to completely suck because I don't need them to piss me off right now. If they are in the race, then at least the games are enjoyable, if they suck I can emotionally detach myself from their performance, and just enjoy watching baseball. I guess this is what you get when you're a diehard and your team sucks early in the season.

soxfan21
05-15-2009, 08:47 PM

I agree, hopefully we get better soon or some moves get made. Seeing this team play the way they do is really starting to make me sick.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Melton is actually speaking and making me feel good. Kind of.

I agree that Broadway is turning things around slightly, might be another good piece for this pen. We need as many long men as we can find the way I see this rotation right now.

Frater Perdurabo
05-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Is bloviate a word?

Yes (http://cougar.eb.com/dictionary/bloviate)

Frankfan4life
05-15-2009, 08:51 PM
While our bullpen was imploding last season, DJ was a huge asset for us eating up crucial innings.

The starters have imploded this year, and he is doing the same for them.

DJ has earned my respect big time.I'm glad we have some reliable relief pitchers. But I hate to see good relief pitching wasted. Yes, our starters have been getting hit hard but why can't we score runs? This was a winnable game. Absolutely none of the pieces are fitting together.

Frater Perdurabo
05-15-2009, 08:53 PM
I agree, hopefully we get better soon or some moves get made. Seeing this team play the way they do is really starting to make me sick.

There's still lots of time.

However, if things continue on this inglorious path the Sox will be sellers, not buyers. If so, look for Thome, Paulie and Dye to get dealt.

WhiteSox5187
05-15-2009, 08:56 PM
The starting pitching disease has spread to Danks. I know he had a good outting against Texas, but he was shaky the two starts before that and was bad tonight.

People who are pinning our performance this on the management this offseason probably have a point, but Getz isn't really the problem. Starting pitching is, and who was out there that we could have reasonably gotten? Kenny earned the benefit of the doubt as far as I'm concerned, and there still is time to turn this around but I wouldn't count on it. We'll have money coming off the books this year, but if I hear another one of these "can't spend a dollar when you got fifty cents" things, I'll be pissed. We can still turn 2009 around, but with each game it looks like something else is going wrong, so I'm not counting on it.

NoNeckEra
05-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Yes, our starters have been getting hit hard but why can't we score runs? This was a winnable game.

We can't score runs because we have a lineup full of 6-7-8-9 hitters.

This was a "winnable game"?
Please explain how?
Because we had one of our best pitchers going against someone no one's ever heard of?

Frater Perdurabo
05-15-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm now convinced that the division championship last year was a fluke, due in part to several career years, and the division being bad. That set up unreasonable expectations for this year. Time to cinch it up and hunker down.

DirtySox
05-15-2009, 09:03 PM
There's still lots of time.

However, if things continue on this inglorious path the Sox will be sellers, not buyers. If so, look for Thome, Paulie and Dye to get dealt.

Everyone keeps naming those 3. Dye is the most likely of the trio to go, but none of their contracts are very appealing considering the economy. Jenks and Dotel are names to bandy around.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2009, 09:04 PM

Please explain how?
Because we had one of our best pitchers going against someone no one's ever heard of?

I think we get a typical 2 run 6 inning performance from Danks, we would have had a chance to win the game.

That's a 3.00 ERA.

If we start getting 3-4 run 6 IP performance from our starters and with the back end of our pen.... I think we can win.

That's assuming the bats ever start hitting.

Frankfan4life
05-15-2009, 09:05 PM

Please explain how?
Because we had one of our best pitchers going against someone no one's ever heard of?Most games are winnable. This one was no exception. I refuse to explain anymore than that.

Demps2
05-15-2009, 09:06 PM
While it is early and this division sucks, I think it will be hard to get enough pieces at the deadline w/ out trading your top prospects (Poreda, Beckham). I don't think KW will trade them away (the kids) unless he got a really, really, good player back (ie Hanley Ramirez). I know Hanley won't be available, but that is the kind of player IMO it will take to get rid of those top prospects in a trade w/ this team. This is a BAD team folks. Can't hit or pitch. they are not a couple players away, there is too much dead weight to overcome, and even if they get to the playoffs, getting knocked out in 3 games isn't the desired result. If you are going to "go for it/make deadline pickups" you better have a team that can compete for a world, not just a bad division title. If they keep trading these kids, we are talking about last place for 5 years.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Everyone keeps naming those 3. Dye is the most likely of the trio to go, but none of their contracts are very appealing considering the economy. Jenks and Dotel are names to bandy around.

Konerko has said he is willing to give up his trade rights, so let's all pray he continues hitting the way he is so we can find takers.

Let's all not get nostalgic and decide not to trade him just because he is hot.

WhiteSox5187
05-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I think we get a typical 2 run 6 inning performance from Danks, we would have had a chance to win the game.

That's a 3.00 ERA.

If we start getting 3-4 run 6 IP performance from our starters and with the back end of our pen.... I think we can win.

That's assuming the bats ever start hitting.

With the way our pitching has been of late, that's an awfully big if.

DirtySox
05-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Konerko has said he is willing to give up his trade rights, so let's all pray he continues hitting the way he is so we can find takers.

Let's all not get nostalgic and decide not to trade him just because he is hot.

If we are still tanking at the appropriate time, I have no qualms with sinking the ship. Sell it all. (Well, most of it)

TDog
05-15-2009, 09:10 PM
We scored 3 runs or less AGAIN.

What can you say.

Starters need to be perfect or we have no chance.

The bullpen is still holding ground, that might be our last hope here.

The offense wasn't the problem tonight. The offense didn't pressure Danks to be perfect.

Really, in giving up 7 runs (all earned as if pitchers shouldn't be held responsible for unearned runs anyway) in 3 innings, Danks was lucky it wasn't worse.

sunofgold
I know Swisher kinda sucked last year. But, he did bring a little attitude and fun to the team. At least until the end of the season. The hip bumps and just bringing some energy to the team.

Maybe it isn't so much that we are missing him, but we don't have anybody like that on our team right now. Who is providing some energy? Some personality?

Well, it seemed to work last year. haha! I don't know. I really don't know why this team is struggling so much. Most of the players were here last year. It is hard to believe that four of five guys would have great years in 2008 and then have their production fall off so dramatically.

Demps2

As much as I love Jenks, it wouldn't be bad to trade him. If we are going to rebuild, what good does a closer do? A closer is only good when you are WINNING!!!!!! also, Dotel is only under contract until the end of this year, so a good reliever should bring back decent prospects.

SoxGirl4Life
05-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Rongey sounds like he's lost it. Or he's drinking heavily

JB98
05-15-2009, 09:12 PM
I know Swisher kinda sucked last year. But, he did bring a little attitude and fun to the team. At least until the end of the season. The hip bumps and just bringing some energy to the team.

Maybe it isn't so much that we are missing him, but we don't have anybody like that on our team right now. Who is providing some energy? Some personality?

Well, it seemed to work last year. haha! I don't know. I really don't know why this team is struggling so much. Most of the players were here last year. It is hard to believe that four of five guys would have great years in 2008 and then have their production fall off so dramatically.

Swisher has become a legend in his absence.

That guy was garbage last year. He is not missed, on the field or in the clubhouse.

SoxGirl4Life
05-15-2009, 09:13 PM

Swisher being gone is not the problem. There's a whole thread about this somewhere.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2009, 09:13 PM
The offense wasn't the problem tonight. The offense didn't pressure Danks to be perfect.

Really, in giving up 7 runs (all earned as if pitchers shouldn't be held responsible for unearned runs anyway) in 3 innings, Danks was lucky it wasn't worse.

:?:
We were almost no hit thru 3 innings, you think Danks did not feel the preassure going out to work his 4th inning?

Frater Perdurabo
05-15-2009, 09:15 PM

I wouldn't deal Jenks. It's hard to find a good closer, and he's still cheap.

Thome's deal is up after this year, so he'd be a pure rental. Dye's deal is up, with an option for 2010. Paulie's is done after 2010, so it would be one full year at $12M, plus the pro-rated portion of what's left this year. So none of their deals are immovable. Off the top of my head, San Francisco desperately needs a first baseman. The Dodgers could use an outfielder, especially if they decide to part ways with Manny.

JB98
05-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Do we really have to talk about selling off the team after every loss?

It isn't like the Sox are 10 games out of first already.

soltrain21
05-15-2009, 09:18 PM

Are. Are you...are you serious?

sunofgold
05-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Thinking too much. Putting too much pressure on themselves. And then you get the snowball effect.

Quentin still looks a beast to me when he comes to the plate. I wouldn't want to pitch to him. Have no idea why he has been stuck on 8 homers . No home runs and two rbi's for him in May.

He is too good to have such crappy numbers, especially after a decent April. I don't think that he is just a one hit wonder. He was such a beast last year.

It has be to mental.

TDog
05-15-2009, 09:24 PM
:?:
We were almost no hit thru 3 innings, you think Danks did not feel the preassure going out to work his 4th inning?

Almost being no-hit through three inning is not a big deal. It's just one time through the lineup.

If Danks is justified to feel so much pressure that he can't get an out in the fourth inning after allowing four to score and leaving another runner on second base after pitching out of jams and giving up a two-run homer in previous innings, then he isn't the pitcher who responded to the pressure of a one-game playoff at the end of last year, going 8 in a 1-0 do-or-die win.

Tonight he wasn't, of course, but it wasn't because of pressure from the White Sox offense.

BadBobbyJenks
05-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Konerko hit the nail on the head we are a horse **** team.

DirtySox
05-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't deal Jenks. It's hard to find a good closer, and he's still cheap.

Thome's deal is up after this year, so he'd be a pure rental. Dye's deal is up, with an option for 2010. Paulie's is done after 2010, so it would be one full year at $12M, plus the pro-rated portion of what's left this year. So none of their deals are immovable. Off the top of my head, San Francisco desperately needs a first baseman. The Dodgers could use an outfielder, especially if they decide to part ways with Manny.

Quite a few teams could be potential buyers looking for some thump in their lineup. Atlanta and Cincinnati especially. I'd also imagine the return on potential trades would vary depending on how much of the remaining contract we pick up? I'm unfamiliar with how that works exactly.

NoNeckEra
05-15-2009, 09:32 PM
we are a horse **** team.

I'm good just leaving it at that.

JB98
05-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Quite a few teams could be potential buyers looking for some thump in their lineup. Atlanta and Cincinnati especially. I'd also imagine the return on potential trades would vary depending on how much of the remaining contract we pick up? I'm unfamiliar with how that works exactly.

If it comes to that, and I hope it doesn't, we won't get near the bounty we think we're going to get.

Frater Perdurabo
05-15-2009, 09:39 PM
There remains plenty of time to turn things around for the better.

However, there are some ominous signs. In 2007, the starting pitching usually kept it close, then the bullpen totally crapped the bed. Buehrle and Vazquez in particular had a great 2007. Garland also was at least serviceable in 2007 as well.

This year, the starting pitching is sucking (except for Buehrle), but right now the bullpen actually is keeping it from getting embarrassing. Unfortunately, I don't think the bullpen can keep pitching this well, especially if they have to work as many innings as they are.

DirtySox
05-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Ozzie is going back home to Chicago this weekend for his son's graduation. Cora to take over managerial duties in his absence.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/1576861,w-chicago-white-sox-toronto-blue-jays-051509.article

sunofgold
05-15-2009, 09:52 PM
b/c the AL Central is so bad. We probably have the best bullpen in the AL Central.

I am shocked that Alexei and Quentin have dropped off in production. We don't even call Alexei the Cuban missile anymore, do we? Would have never predicted it before the season.

And Floyd and Danks made such advances last year. It is hard watching them fall back. I really thought that they would build upon 2008.

I really don't know what OG and KW can do right now.

DSpivack
05-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Rongey has seen neither The Godfather, Dirty Harry, nor Fast Times at Ridgemont High? :o:

EDIT: This was entertaining: http://www.670-thescore.com/blog/2009/05/15/only-in-toronto-ozzie-defends-walk-danks-rips-fans/

veeter
05-15-2009, 09:58 PM
I remain optimistic for the same reasons I was before opening day. The Sox aren't a bad team, they're playing bad. I just don't want to see this team quit like in '07. Then I would call them a bad team. If that happens certain heads have to roll. But if they can tread water, and remain at or close to .500, they have a lot of home cookin' in June. That's the make or break month IMO.

Konerko05
05-15-2009, 10:03 PM

I don't know. Today was actually the most upset I've been while watching any game this season.

Danks has now joined the crew of struggling starters. The offense remains embarassing.

It's mostly the fact that with each horrible loss, it's becoming more of a reality this team just flat out sucks.

PhillipsBubba
05-15-2009, 10:16 PM
The good news is:

Kenny Williams hates to lose.

Jerry Reinsdorf hates to lose money.

Sox fans hate to back a loser.

From all this hate, something wonderful may yet happen!:smile:

WhiteSox1989
05-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Just got back from the game. It was pretty embarrassing, and some Jays fans were harassing me a bit. But glad to see some Sox fans in my section too. I had fun either way being on vacation and all.

ANYWAY back to this team we've been watching for a month. I don't know. Some days I just really feel like they have it in them. Maybe it's just because the AL central sucks, or maybe because I'm trying to convince myself of this. There was a couple games where we got to see what their offense can do, and I was impressed by that. But the pitching. It's just bad. Blah.

BadBobbyJenks
05-15-2009, 10:24 PM
I remain optimistic for the same reasons I was before opening day. The Sox aren't a bad team, they're playing bad. I just don't want to see this team quit like in '07. Then I would call them a bad team. If that happens certain heads have to roll. But if they can tread water, and remain at or close to .500, they have a lot of home cookin' in June. That's the make or break month IMO.

Not trying to be an ass here, but seriously what keeps you optimistic?

canOcorn
05-15-2009, 10:33 PM
The good news is:

Kenny Williams hates to lose.

Jerry Reinsdorf hates to lose money.

Sox fans hate to back a loser.

From all this hate, something wonderful may yet happen!:smile:

Except Kenny doesn't have $.50 to spend, which we know is a crock of ****, but that's his story and he's not taking the fall.

We know Jerry hates to lose money and that's why he jacked up ticket prices and slashed payroll. The Sox will make a gigantic profit this season even if they finish last because the rest of the division sucks and they can finish several games below .500 and still be in the "race" come September. Ticket sales haven't been hurt and they haven't lost any significant revenue. He'll feel the pinch next year........

Something wonderful may happen, but I imagine that'll be getting a top 5 pick in the draft next year. :(:

DonnieDarko
05-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah, but none of us expected our 2 and 3 to suck, and Quentin to suck, and Alexei to suckAlexei looks like he's, albeit for only a short time, being able to come out of whatever slump he was in. He's up to a .224 average, and he deserves a chance, I would think.

Let's all not get nostalgic and decide not to trade him just because he is hot.Well, who do we bring up to reliably replace his offensive production from AA or AAA to play 1B? I mean, if we can get someone like...Jake Peavy out of the deal or something, go for it, but I would hesitate to give up Konerko with his reliability...so far. Dye I could part with, since there's more guys to potentially fill the outfield (Viciedo...maybe, Jordan Danks, Gordon Beckham?, who else?), who else on this team could we part with though to still have a legit chance at winning the division this year and consistently afterwards?

What about us trading away Fields and Getz? What could that get us?

ChiSoxGirl
05-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Another boring game. The outcome was decided by the end of the fourth inning. Nothing positive to speak of.

Holy hell, do we suck right now! :mad:

It was right around the end of the fourth inning when I got a text message from my friend and fellow Sox fan in West Palm Beach who said, "This is the kind of game where you just give up in the fifth inning and find something else to do." I made last minute plans and went to Cheeseburger in Paradise to meet a friend from school for some dessert. We had their chocolate nachos. Nothing like some unnecessary calories and girl talk to cure a clueless Sox team. :smile:

PeoriaSoxFan
05-15-2009, 10:47 PM
I am a big Sox homer, but right now, this team really sucks. Will we win a game in this series? Colon tomorrow? Floyd vs. Halladay? Maybe MB gets a win. This team needs to get in gear and fast.

JB98
05-15-2009, 10:50 PM

It was right around the end of the fourth inning when I got a text message from my friend and fellow Sox fan in West Palm Beach who said, "This is the kind of game where you just give up in the fifth inning and find something else to do." I made last minute plans and went to Cheeseburger in Paradise to meet a friend from school for some dessert. We had their chocolate nachos. Nothing like some unnecessary calories and girl talk to cure a clueless Sox team. :smile:

Maybe we can send the chocolate nachos to the Sox locker room. Maybe that's just what they need. :bandance:

ChiSoxGirl
05-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Maybe we can send the chocolate nachos to the Sox locker room. Maybe that's just what they need. :bandance:

:hawk
"Chocolate nachos... YES!"

Cuck the Fubs
05-15-2009, 10:54 PM
:puking: Please....make it stop :whiner:

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2009, 10:55 PM
I am a big Sox homer, but right now, this team really sucks. Will we win a game in this series? Colon tomorrow? Floyd vs. Halladay? Maybe MB gets a win. This team needs to get in gear and fast.

Buehrle not pitching this series.

I don't understand why he can't pitch on normal rest anymore, that's starting to worry me.

He pitched Wednesday morning, so he should be able to go on normal rest Monday :scratch:

I think if we plan to salvage a game out of this series Mark on Monday might be our only shot. But Clayton is going out there.

Shoeless_Jeff
05-15-2009, 10:56 PM
I've stopped watching games. I'm just tired of seeing this offense trying to score runs and failing miserably and the starters struggling out there.

Oddly enough, I bought a brand new 59Fifty Sox hat yesterday. Still gotta through up your flag.

DonnieDarko
05-15-2009, 10:57 PM

I don't understand why he can't pitch on normal rest anymore, that's starting to worry me.

He pitched Wednesday morning, so he should be able to go on normal rest Monday :scratch:

I think if we plan to salvage a game out of this series Mark on Monday might be our only shot. But Clayton is going out there.

Damn, Clayton Richard is someone that needs to really step things up. Are we asking too much of a virtual rookie to go talent? In a draft just off of the World Championship (if I remember correctly)? I think that might be too much to ask of him right now.

JB98
05-15-2009, 10:59 PM

I'd rather pitch Buehrle against Minnesota on Tuesday.

LoveYourSuit
05-15-2009, 11:04 PM
I'd rather pitch Buehrle against Minnesota on Tuesday.

True, divisional games are more important and I will be there in attendance. So might as well be selfish, God knows I don't want to see Clayton up close in person.

sunofgold
05-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Thus, if we win a game this series, we will have done better this year. haha! And Alexei made it to Canada. Let's hope that he can make it back into the USA.

slavko
05-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Swisher has become a legend in his absence.

That guy was garbage last year. He is not missed, on the field or in the clubhouse.

With each passing day.

No secret that this team is going to get turned over, maybe sooner, maybe a little later and it'll all be for the better. Falling off the table may be just what is needed to get the process started instead of clinging to the thread of hope that a few wins would bring.

I'm not willing to write off any of the young guys who were good last year. Give them more time. The older guys????? Let the chips fall where they may, develop some young talent, even if we're bad for a time. Eat some salary, back up the truck. We've had fun for a good long time now, time to hunker down and weather the storm. (I think I used up my quota of cliches.)

Ranger
05-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Rongey has seen neither The Godfather, Dirty Harry, nor Fast Times at Ridgemont High? :o:

EDIT: This was entertaining: http://www.670-thescore.com/blog/2009/05/15/only-in-toronto-ozzie-defends-walk-danks-rips-fans/

This is true. I may just watch The Godfather while the Sox game is on tomorrow.

Let me know how it turns out...

WhiteSox5187
05-16-2009, 01:12 AM

First couple of posts in the post-game thread will let you know. :redneck

DSpivack
05-16-2009, 01:46 AM

Sounds like a good idea. It's been too long since I've seen it. I would say a better outcome than the Sox, but that's only true if you ignore the third film.

It's Dankerific
05-16-2009, 01:59 AM

Be careful, that habit could lead to quite a few pounds this baseball season =(

joegraz
05-16-2009, 05:22 AM
I'm now convinced that the division championship last year was a fluke, due in part to several career years, and the division being bad. That set up unreasonable expectations for this year. Time to cinch it up and hunker down.

Amen.

southside rocks
05-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Lots of buffoonery out there -- fielding, (lack of) hitting, pitching ... from the days of "Win -- or Die Trying" to corpseball. Ugh.

veeter
05-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Not trying to be an ass here, but seriously what keeps you optimistic?I'm not willing to accept Quentin, Alexei, Floyd, and Danks as flukes. AJ, Paulie and Dye have a lot left in the tank. Buehrle and the bullpen have been very good.

WhiteSox1989
05-16-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm not willing to accept Quentin, Alexei, Floyd, and Danks as flukes. AJ, Paulie and Dye have a lot left in the tank. Buehrle and the bullpen have been very good.
Floyd may have been. I don't think Quentin, Dank, and Alexei were though. I think Alexei is starting to show a LITTLE more. Not much, but at least he's hitting the ball here and there.

I was really impressed with Broadway last night.

And dang, Jays fans are kind of brutal.

kitekrazy
05-16-2009, 08:15 AM
I wish we could have more Blackhawk games. I might be watching less baseball or whatever it is the Sox do on the field.

hawkjt
05-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Sox are brutal right now. Still, only 34 games into the season, 3 games out of first, it could turn around. If they keep playing like this tho, by all star break, it could be out of control.

They need to win a game. Then another. I do think it is a mental funk as much as anything. Time to win a game today,Sox...change the mo.

SBSoxFan
05-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Yes (http://cougar.eb.com/dictionary/bloviate)

So is palaver (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/palaver). :D:

I turned on the tv last night, and what I thought was a trailer for Drag Me to Hell, turned out to be the bottom of the 4th inning of the Sox-Jays game. :o:

pdimas
05-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Thank God for the Hawks...

Shoeless_Jim
05-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Is bloviate a word, or just something you made up?.

To bloviate means "to speak pompously and excessively" or "to expound ridiculously". A colloquial verb coined (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_coinage) in the United States, it is commonly used with contempt to describe the behavior of politicians, academics, pundits or media "experts," sometimes called bloviators, who hold forth on subjects in an arrogant, tiresome way.