PDA

View Full Version : Crede Hits GW Grand Slam in 13th Inning

WhiteSoxFan84
05-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Just saw it with my own two eyes. The Tigers broadcast duo called him a "Tigers Killer".

JB98
05-14-2009, 12:05 AM
And Oakland beat KC tonight, which means the 15-18 Sox remain only 2.5 games out of first. LOL at this weak division.

Average Homeboy
05-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Just saw it with my own two eyes. The Tigers broadcast duo called him a "Tigers Killer".

He does now have 24 career HR against them, his most against any team.

FloridaTigers
05-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Joe Crede is Satan. The Metrodome is Hell. Perfect fit if you ask me.

It's Dankerific
05-14-2009, 02:44 AM
As soon as I saw that the Twins had won by 4 runs in extra innings, I knew it was Joe. Then i watched the play on my iPhone. The man has a knack...

DumpJerry
05-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Did Bert circle him?

esbrechtel
05-14-2009, 07:30 AM
I have this awful feeling that his back is going to be just fine now and he is going to continue to have a knack....

Good to see Josh Fields living up to his potential huh?

whitem0nkey
05-14-2009, 09:18 AM
I have this awful feeling that his back is going to be just fine now and he is going to continue to have a knack....

Good to see Josh Fields living up to his potential huh?

Joe has a .237 avg, 13 RBI, fileds has a .235 avg. 12 RBI I love what joe did for this team in the past but I would not be to worried.

Craig Grebeck
05-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Joe has a .237 avg, 13 RBI, fileds has a .235 avg. 12 RBI I love what joe did for this team in the past but I would not be to worried.
Did you type that with your toes? At least look at each man's SLG.

whitem0nkey
05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Did you type that with your toes? At least look at each man's SLG.

Ah yes, insult someone because you disagree with him. anyway

so joe is having a slightly less crappy season, the bottom line is that they both are sucking it up.

Craig Grebeck
05-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Ah yes, insult someone because you disagree with him. anyway

so joe is having a slightly less crappy season, the bottom line is that they both are sucking it up.
If your mechanism for comparing players consists of solely batting average and RBI, then you'll make poor judgments.

Also, it wasn't an insult, but rather an honest question.

esbrechtel
05-14-2009, 10:01 AM
ok...what has their defense looked like?

whitem0nkey
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
If your mechanism for comparing players consists of solely batting average and RBI, then you'll make poor judgments.

Also, it wasn't an insult, but rather an honest question.

:dtroll:

oeo
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
ok...what has their defense looked like?

Who will actually make it through an entire season? You can start the countdown to when Crede is sidelined with back problems.

What Crede is doing is irrelevant to our current situation. It was time to move on, and in another month or two when Crede is back on the DL, AGAIN, no one will be pleading for his return.

esbrechtel
05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Who will actually make it through an entire season? You can start the countdown to when Crede is sidelined with back problems.

What Crede is doing is irrelevant to our current situation. It was time to move on, and in another month or two when Crede is back on the DL, AGAIN, no one will be pleading for his return.

I am not pleading for his return. I thought it was a smart move to pass on Crede and his bad back...that said, Fields has been HORRIBLE in all aspects of his game...it is obvious that comparisons will be made...

salty99
05-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Don't tell me what you hit. Tell me when you hit them.

Did you guys also see the umpire put his hands on Maggs and Leyland go beserk?

Rocky Soprano
05-14-2009, 10:34 AM

I love how you are CERTAIN that Crede will be back on the DL, didn't know you had that gift.

While it is highly probable, it is not a certainty. There is a chance that he ends up playing the entire year.

It was time to move on, no doubt about it, but I for one am not a fan of Fields.

oeo
05-14-2009, 10:43 AM
I am not pleading for his return. I thought it was a smart move to pass on Crede and his bad back...that said, Fields has been HORRIBLE in all aspects of his game...it is obvious that comparisons will be made...

No, comparisons shouldn't be made, especially when what we've gotten out of Crede the last couple of years was crap. And the comparisons are the reason you and others have such a short leash for Fields. Get over Crede and his old man back.

I love how you are CERTAIN that Crede will be back on the DL, didn't know you had that gift.

While it is highly probable, it is not a certainty. There is a chance that he ends up playing the entire year.

I wasn't saying it with certainty, you're reading too much into it. I was just trying to make a point that it's highly likely he won't be playing all year.

esbrechtel
05-14-2009, 10:53 AM
No, I have a short leash on Fields because he is possibly the worst 3B in the division (a bad division)....defensively and offensively...

oeo
05-14-2009, 11:02 AM
No, I have a short leash on Fields because he is possibly the worst 3B in the division (a bad division)....defensively and offensively...

First of all, the Indians have a second baseman at third base. And despite a fast start, Brandon Inge is not good.

Secondly, what does the division's crop of third baseman have anything to do with the White Sox? We're worse at some positions, we're better at others. In other words, we have a normal team. And good divisions = good third basemen, or what? :?:

esbrechtel
05-14-2009, 11:10 AM
I would rather have Inge than Fields. He is pretty sound defensively.

oeo
05-14-2009, 11:11 AM
I would rather have Inge than Fields. He is pretty sound defensively.

We'll see by the end of the year. I think Fields will be fine offensively, and Inge has shown he's pretty ****ing awful at the plate over his career.

TDog
05-14-2009, 11:52 AM
The first time I saw Joe Crede play, in Tucson in 1999 against the Cubs, he came in as a pinch-hitter and ended the game in the White Sox favor with a double.

That didn't count, of course, but after Crede came up, he had some game-ending hits -- singles, doubles and home runs. I think he had 13 game-ending hits at the Cell. The biggest, of course, was the double in Game 2 of the 2005 ALCS. The second-biggest was an extra-inning home run against the surging Indians the previous month. I believe he had hit a couple against the Tigers. I was at a Sunday afternoon game in 2003 when he ended an extra-inning game against Detroit with a three-run homer.

I haven't been paying attention that closely, but this is at least Crede's second game-ending extra-base hit for the Twins. Earlier this season I noticed he ended a game with a double that scored the winning run from first (more economically than a homer that scored the winning run from third and in Babe Ruth's time would only have counted as a single). It looks like he could have ended the game earlier in the game, but Joe Crede indeed has a flair for the dramatic.

I always liked him, but I no longer care what he does. I'm sorry the way things ended up between Crede and the White Sox.

I am skeptical of Crede's health and won't suggest the White Sox should have kept him. (Really, I wanted the Giants to sign him so I could still support him). I am more skeptical of Fields. I have never been a fan of Fields, offensively or defensively, but I wish him well, although I'm wondering if Nix may serve the Sox better at third base. Having only seen Nix play second, and briefly at that, I just don't know. But the White Sox need a third baseman, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Twins need a third baseman this summer.

LoveYourSuit
05-14-2009, 12:06 PM
I don't care about Crede. He was done with us.

Fields I am ready to write off as another empic 1st round bust by the Sox.

Viciedo is not good right now either.

Is Herbert Perry in any baseball shape?

OldRomanPizza
05-14-2009, 12:24 PM
JOOOEEE CREEEEDEEE! :tongue:

Craig Grebeck
05-14-2009, 12:25 PM
:dtroll:
Well-thought out.

doublem23
05-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Well-thought out.

Ironic coming from the guy who asked someone if they typed with their toes a few posts ago.

:rolleyes:

Domeshot17
05-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Someone needs to make a Rowand esque- CREDE'S GONE TIME TO MOVE ON tag.

It's Dankerific
05-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I have no ill-will towards Crede. It sucks that he's playing for a division rival, but in the end, I'm still curious how he's doing. Especially if its not affecting the Sox wins/losses.

thomas35forever
05-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Whatever happened happened. If Crede starts getting big hits against us, then I'll start feeling contempt towards him.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Crede and Rowand will bring us more pie.

It will be delivered on the back of a T-Rex mounted by Carl Everett.

ode to veeck
05-14-2009, 01:32 PM
fun swing and pile up at the plate by Crede, hope his back stays OK

It's Dankerific
05-14-2009, 01:40 PM
fun swing and pile up at the plate by Crede, hope his back stays OK

Interesting to note that it was a 1-2 pitch. Pitcher hung a curveball. Crede DID NOT miss it.

doublem23
05-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Interesting to note that it was a 1-2 pitch. Pitcher hung a curveball. Crede DID NOT miss it.

Good for him. I still really like Joe, so I hope he has a good season (personally) for the Twins.

And hey, if he's going to hit walk-off grand slams, he may as well save them for games against the Tigers, Royals, or Indians. :cool:

ChiSoxFan81
05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Joe Clutch does it again. Game winning double today.

JGarlandrules20
05-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Joe Clutch does it again. Game winning double today.

It was a soft bloop single that scored two runs, but he still seems to have that game-winning mindset.

The last two Tigers/Twins games have been crazy. It's been a collapse of the bullpens, basically.