PDA

View Full Version : *Official* This is REALLY Getting Old, 05.11 Post-Game Thread

ChiSoxGirl
05-11-2009, 10:06 PM
ANOTHER loss. Cy Young made an appearance, this time in an Indians uniform, just as I predicted yesterday afternoon. However, he wasn't quite as dominating as he was when wearing a Texas or Kansas City uniform, as we managed to score TWO runs! :o: Seriously, let's get it together!!!

SoxGirl4Life
05-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Today, it was the pitching's turn

Tragg
05-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Gobble's on the team?
Bring back Bukvich.

Only 4 runs on 12 hits is pretty sorry output.

GoGoCrede
05-11-2009, 10:09 PM
It's still early. I feel that Floyd can turn it around. There were some flashes of 2008 Floyd; however, they were few and far in between.

Hitting was better.

And I had no idea we signed Gobble. Where have I been? Thought he was still with KC.

Parrothead
05-11-2009, 10:10 PM
When does the great Don Cooper start getting some heat too. Most of his pitchers blow.

ChiSoxGirl
05-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Today, it was the pitching's turn

Yeah. What the hell is wrong with Gavin?! :gah:

DeuceUnit
05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
This team ****ing sucks, plain and simple. Pavano has a bloated ERA and hasn't lasted more than 5 innings.. I knew he would look great against us. We have 12 hits and score only 4 runs. You almost have to put effort into doing that. Our rotation is looking horrendous with questions marks at the 5,4 and now 3 spots. Thank god the Hawks are on tonight!

SoxGirl4Life
05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Isn't there some farm animal curse we could blame? :dtroll:

AnkleSox
05-11-2009, 10:19 PM
These batters need a psychiatrist. The inability to get hits with men on base has to be mental.

LoveYourSuit
05-11-2009, 10:20 PM
When does the great Don Cooper start getting some heat too. Most of his pitchers blow.

Been saying the same thing for 2+ seasons now. Wait until another bullpen implosion, all hell will break lose.

Woofer
05-11-2009, 10:21 PM
These guys make me miserable. That is all.

DSpivack
05-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Been saying the same thing for 2+ seasons now. Wait until another bullpen implosion, all hell will break lose.

So if you want Cooper fired, who do you propose he be replaced with that would be an improvement?

WhiteSox1989
05-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Eh.

Soxman219
05-11-2009, 10:24 PM
We'll at least the Hawks are winning.:shrug:

LoveYourSuit
05-11-2009, 10:25 PM
So if you want Cooper fired, who do you propose he be replaced with that would be an improvement?

I am not saying he should get fired, but the discussion should be made the same way Walker is under fire every breathe he takes. IT's not fair. Both departments suck at the game of baseball right now.

Same if you fire Walker, who do you put in there?

Just treat both guys equally, that's all.

palehozenychicty
05-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Well, we ain't that good.

Marqhead
These batters need a psychiatrist. The inability to get hits with men on base has to be mental.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/thumb/9/96/The_Hypnotist2.jpg/250px-The_Hypnotist2.jpg
Hynpotist: You are all very good players...
Team: [entranced] We are all very good players...

WhiteSox5187
I didn't see the game again, so I'm not sure if it's that Gavin is making bad pitches or what, but really, this is getting old. We have two reliable starters right now. This has to turn around and FAST.

SoxGirl4Life
Gavin just looks scared. They need to give him some easy crossword puzzles for a while.

SoxSpeed22
05-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Edit: That didn't work. Nevermind (http://www.robotchicken.org/index.php?title=This._Isn%27t._Funny%21)

WhiteSox1989
05-11-2009, 10:27 PM
I didn't see the game again, so I'm not sure if it's that Gavin is making bad pitches or what, but really, this is getting old. We have two reliable starters right now. This has to turn around and FAST.

Basically, yeah.

Konerko05
05-11-2009, 10:30 PM
I stated in another thread Gavin has returned to pre-2007 form. His control is awful. He can not consistently get his breaking ball over. He lacks confidence and it shows on the mound.

It seems to be all mental and he needs to figure it out fast. This season is going to be completely miserable if he doesn't.

He is basically the key to staying competitive in this division.

Britt Burns
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
I think we should just call up the B-ham team and let them play in the Sox place. That was just ugly.

tsoxman
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
I am not saying he should get fired, but the discussion should be made the same way Walker is under fire every breathe he takes. IT's not fair. Both departments suck at the game of baseball right now.

Not only that but our GM seems to rely heavily on his coaching staff each year to turn around the careers of once highly touted prospects.

This works OK every once in a while, but if you ask me, kenny presses his luck a bit too much.

Demps2
05-11-2009, 10:36 PM
the scary thing is and I hate to say it, what if the injury bug hits the pitching staff? they are bad enough as is, but things could go from bad to worse.

soxyess
05-11-2009, 10:41 PM
This season is going to get uglier

DSpivack
05-11-2009, 10:41 PM
This season is going to get uglier

You can see into the future?

soxyess
05-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I just have a bad feeling

ChiSoxFan81
05-11-2009, 10:44 PM
The Sox need more blackout games. On TV I mean.

doublem23
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM

The Sox team ERA is 4.52, better than the league average and 6th overall in the American League. The Sox offense is averaging 4.2 RPG, well below the league average and good for 2nd worst in the American League.

I'll treat guys equal when they have equal results.

doublem23
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
You can see into the future?

That was his mantra all last season, too, so that's a good reason for optimism.

DSpivack
05-11-2009, 10:47 PM
That was his mantra all last season, too, so that's a good reason for optimism.

We're doomed, then. :(:

At least we have several contracts up so we have money to clear for LeBron.

SoxGirl4Life
05-11-2009, 10:48 PM
We're doomed, then. :(:

At least we have several contracts up so we have money to clear for LeBron.

:lol:

sox1970
05-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Until Floyd and Danks join Buehrle in putting up consistent quality starts, this team has no chance. These three pitchers were the main reason why the Sox made the playoffs last year, and that hasn't changed for this year.

soxyess
05-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Right now I just dont see any reason for optimism. If someone does please tell me!

Noneck
05-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Until Floyd and Danks join Buehrle in putting up consistent quality starts, this team has no chance. These three pitchers were the main reason why the Sox made the playoffs last year, and that hasn't changed for this year.

That and 19 wins from the 4 and 5.

doublem23
05-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Right now I just dont see any reason for optimism. If someone does please tell me!

Uh, today is May 11.

Please, if you're going to be a crybaby, at least bring some reasons. You sound like a whiny, teenager that didn't get asked to the prom.

soxfan21
05-11-2009, 11:01 PM
We have looked God awful for the past 2 weeks now. I really hope we can turn this around quick, we just look really bad as a team and hopefully we start playing baseball soon.

Harry Chappas
05-11-2009, 11:05 PM
I'll probably get killed for this, but we were a better team with Cabrera and Javy. I didn't particularly like either of them, especially Cabrera, but he did put the ball in play and got on base. As for Javy, he wasn't "clutch" but he did eat innings and gave you a prayer. With Floyd tanking and a fragile (not to mention average) Colon, this could get really ugly. It could make us long for '07.

I agree with whoever said Kenny gambles on pitching reclamation projects too often. Once in a while, it is worth the risk, but he pinned an entire season's hopes on a Contreras and Colon finding the fountain of youth not to mention Danks and Floyd repeating their success. There was ZERO margin for error in this plan. Why not protect yourself a bit with a mid-tier starter or two? It's not like we have a few studs waiting in the wings in Birmingham or Charlotte.

WhiteSox5187
05-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Uh, today is May 11.

Please, if you're going to be a crybaby, at least bring some reasons. You sound like a whiny, teenager that didn't get asked to the prom.

Jim Thome and Alexei's inability to hit. The inability of this entire offense to drive in a runner in scoring position. Brent Lillebridge. The black hole at the fifth spot of the rotation. The inconsistency of Bartolo Colon. Gavin Floyd. John Danks inconsistency. Those are the reasons to feel like this team is heading on a ****ty course.

The only positive is that it is May 11th and this team MIGHT turn it around. But there is just as large a chance that they continue to suck all year.

DonnieDarko
05-12-2009, 12:03 AM
*cuts wrists and jumps over the railing*

kevingrt
05-12-2009, 12:18 AM
The Hawks winning makes the White Sox futility so much easier to take in May.

ramblinsoxfan11
05-12-2009, 12:58 AM

Agreed, while I was coming back from the Hawks game I heard the Sox score on the radio, but Kane's hat trick stopped me from driving the car off the road and into a light pole :D:

kittle42
05-12-2009, 01:12 AM

Agreed. Aside from the one game I slept through with a hangover, I haven't paid this little attention to a game all season.

Perhaps by the time the Hawks are done, it will be far enough into the season that WSI will allow people to say the team stinks when they do stink. Can't wait!

05-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Positives:
- Alexei looking better at the plate
- Thome went opposite field for a hit
- Chris Getz playing all star defense at 2nd
- Hawks won today

tomorrow

JB98
05-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Agreed. Aside from the one game I slept through with a hangover, I haven't paid this little attention to a game all season.

Perhaps by the time the Hawks are done, it will be far enough into the season that WSI will allow people to say the team stinks when they do stink. Can't wait!

I was actually watching the clock, waiting for it to be 8 so I could turn the Sox off and watch the hockey game.

As it turned out, I turned the Sox off at 7:30 and watched the pregame show for the Hawks. Listening to *******s bull**** about hockey is more interesting than actual Sox games at this point.

BadBobbyJenks
05-12-2009, 01:52 AM
Thank god for the Hawks because this team is comically bad.

4 points
05-12-2009, 02:17 AM
I stated in another thread Gavin has returned to pre-2007 form. His control is awful. He can not consistently get his breaking ball over. He lacks confidence and it shows on the mound.

It seems to be all mental and he needs to figure it out fast. This season is going to be completely miserable if he doesn't.

2007 version with one BIG difference, the 2009 version has a just signed 4 year contract.:whiner:

4 points
05-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Uh, today is May 11.

So you are saying that looking foward to 4+ more months of this is supposed to improve everyones outlook.:scratch:

4 points
05-12-2009, 02:28 AM

The only 100% proven optomism enhancer known to man. :gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:, works for me.

It's Dankerific
05-12-2009, 03:03 AM

Nope, there will still be time left.

Otherwise, it'll be hindsight and you'll be accused of being happy the Sox have failed.

Pollyanna or nothing, bud.

guillensdisciple
05-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Do people become alcoholics because of crap like this?

I am so happy I am under 21.

Parrothead
05-12-2009, 07:27 AM
The only 100% proven optomism enhancer known to man. :gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:, works for me.

Well said :thumbsup:

khan
05-12-2009, 11:27 AM

Agreed. Going into the season, I thought that whatever this team got out of Contreras and Colon would be a plus. I fully expected these two to be question marks, and they HAVE been exactly that. [Though Colon has provided MORE than I anticipated hereto fore.]

On the other hand, while I expected Floyd to regress, I also KNEW that he, together with Buehrle and Danks would be the keys to this team having a prayer of competing. I just didn't think that once he got his money that he'd forget how to throw Strike One. I didn't think he'd have a cavalcade of walks. I didn't think he'd nibble once he got ahead of hitters. [At least in the rare occasion that he gets ahead of hitters.] I didn't think he'd get locked into a pattern over and over again. Unfortunately for us, this has been the case for Floyd.

Floyd HAS TO be good for this team to be good. Otherwise, its back to wondering how long until the Bears are in pads...

white sox bill
05-12-2009, 12:25 PM
This yrs performance of Danks and Floyd :(... and to think I rednecked cub fans last yr about Marquis and Lilly.

Craig Grebeck
05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
This yrs performance of Danks and Floyd :(... and to think I rednecked cub fans last yr about Marquis and Lilly.
Why would you put Danks and Floyd in the same sentence? John has been fine. Hell, better than fine.

JB98
05-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Why would you put Danks and Floyd in the same sentence? John has been fine. Hell, better than fine.

Agreed. Danks has made six starts, and four have been quite good.

Floyd has been poor in five of his seven starts.

It's Buehrle, Danks and pray for rain right now.