PDA

View Full Version : Interleague games: Paulie or Frank?

Foulke You
06-01-2002, 02:27 AM
This topic may have been discussed when I was in beantown but as interleague games draw nearer, I'm forced to wonder what Jerry Manuel plans on doing for 1B in NL parks. Konerko is having the better season for sure but it's hard to bench a guy like Frank Thomas and use him as a pinch hitter exclusively. An unlikely scenario is that they may put Konerko at 3B as they once did to keep his bat in the lineup. Any thoughts? Has Manuel commented on this issue yet?

:walnuts
You can't bench me!

duke of dorwood
06-01-2002, 02:56 AM
Put Frank on DL for Interleague play

kevingrt
06-01-2002, 05:27 AM
Yes this was discussed, the thread was called something like "Good Conversation on 'Point After'"...

I ssaid the samething put Konerko @ 3B since he's played it before, and move Jose to SS or keep the Choice there. But some people said look at our infield: Thomas, Durham, Valetin, and Konerko. Not to good but I still like the idea.

Foulke You
06-01-2002, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Yes this was discussed, the thread was called something like "Good Conversation on 'Point After'"...

I ssaid the samething put Konerko @ 3B since he's played it before, and move Jose to SS or keep the Choice there. But some people said look at our infield: Thomas, Durham, Valetin, and Konerko. Not to good but I still like the idea.

I like that idea too but we all know Royce has a permanent spot in the lineup and I don't think Manuel has the guts to take a chance at putting Paulie at 3B. I think perhaps our best bet is to rotate Paulie and Frank at 1B depending on the pitching matchups. Put Paulie against the fastball hurlers and put Frank up against the slower pitchers.

alohafri
06-01-2002, 12:07 PM
As much as I would hate to keep a potential bat like Frank's out of the lineup, you have to keep Paulie at first at this point. If things reverse themselves, then you can put Frank in. You have to go with who is hotter.