PDA

View Full Version : Willie Harris

OfficerKarkovice
05-31-2002, 09:53 AM
So I was looking at the stats for Charlotte and I noticed that Willie has 19 SB's so far this year. That seems like a ton but I don't know for the minor leagues if it's lack of quality catchers or whether he just runs every time he gets on base. I'm thinking more along the lines of option #2 since he has been caught stealing 8 times already. Hmmm...interesting.

Randar68
05-31-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
So I was looking at the stats for Charlotte and I noticed that Willie has 19 SB's so far this year. That seems like a ton but I don't know for the minor leagues if it's lack of quality catchers or whether he just runs every time he gets on base. I'm thinking more along the lines of option #2 since he has been caught stealing 8 times already. Hmmm...interesting.

He is Ray Durham-esque on the bases. Good speed, mediocre instincts. Let's just say he isn't Kenny Lofton and leave it at that.

palehosemike
06-01-2002, 04:19 AM
Wille has also been caught stealing in 8 times out of 27 chances.... 70% of the time he swipes the base.... Promising speed but like Randar said.. Hollywood does not have great instincts.