PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5-10 Sox puke all over the field, lose to Rangers

Frater Perdurabo
05-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Bloviate here...

Dibbs
05-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Fire Walker?

DirtySox
05-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Um.

At least noone got hit?

SoxGirl4Life
05-10-2009, 03:38 PM
puke is such a mild word for what the Sox just displayed

SoxGirl4Life
05-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Um.

At least noone got hit?

Or got a hit

GoGoCrede
05-10-2009, 03:39 PM
At least the first 10,000 mothers got a free bag for their trouble?

SoxSpeed22
05-10-2009, 03:40 PM
What a disappointing series. After getting outscored 15-4, we are lucky to get one. Going up against the Indians may be what the bats need.

SoxGirl4Life
05-10-2009, 03:40 PM
At least the first 10,000 mothers got a free bag for their trouble?

YES! that was good.

Tragg
05-10-2009, 03:42 PM
The Rangers have basiclally hammered us. We won 2 1-run games and they beat us by 3, 4, 6 and 7 runs.
Thank goodness for our bullpen, the only above average unit.

You can't judge the D from box scores, but I get the feeling it has been less than exemplary as well.

Frater Perdurabo
puke is such a mild word for what the Sox just displayed

Yes, but this is a family-friendly forum with language filters.

SoxGirl4Life
What a disappointing series. After getting outscored 15-4, we are lucky to get one. Going up against the Indians may be what the bats need.

They're probably looking forward to it..

Edit: I mean the Indians

GoGoCrede
Or got a hit

:rolling:

DumpJerry
05-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Buehrle and Danks can't pitch every day, guys. Let's get some quality starts.

SoxGirl4Life
05-10-2009, 03:45 PM

We need a good game from Gavin next time out. Effective, efficient and at least 7

WhiteSox5187
05-10-2009, 03:52 PM
We need a good game from Gavin next time out. Effective, efficient and at least 7

Amen, Gavin's next start is so huge because it will determine (I think) whether or not he just hit a rough spot or if he in fact is as bad as Colon and Contreras.

This team is just beyond words. We are awful. But there is still time to turn this around, but if at the end of May we are playing this way, I'd start listening for offers for Thome and Dye...maybe even Konerko.

soxfan45
05-10-2009, 03:57 PM
I'd agree but how many teams are looking for middle tier power number players who are late in the career who are willing to pay $13, $12, or $11 million respectively?

Frankfan4life
05-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Buehrle and Danks can't pitch every day, guys. Let's get some quality starts.A quality start won't do any good unless some runs are scored.

I remember, oh, about two years ago when our pitchers pitched some pretty good games at the beginning of the season and got hardly any run support. Pretty soon the pitching will go totally downhill because the pitchers will feel like they have to compensate for the lack of hitting.

ChiSoxGirl
05-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Amen, Gavin's next start is so huge because it will determine (I think) whether or not he just hit a rough spot or if he in fact is as bad as Colon and Contreras.

This team is just beyond words. We are awful. But there is still time to turn this around, but if at the end of May we are playing this way, I'd start listening for offers for Thome and Dye...maybe even Konerko.

Tune in tomorrow night! He's facing Pavano, whose ERA is over six. Could be a slugfest, or Pavano could look like Cy Young. Me thinks Cy Young will be making another appearance, this time in an Indians uniform.

DeuceUnit
05-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Tune in tomorrow night! He's facing Pavano, whose ERA is over six. Could be a slugfest, or Pavano could look like Cy Young. Me thinks Cy Young will be making another appearance, this time in an Indians uniform.

Oh yes, pitchers with an ERA over 6 feast on us. We will be a good jump start for Pavano and will get him rolling for the rest of the year.

johnnyg83
05-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Walker's not the sole reason, but he seems like the only thing we can change.

Britt Burns
05-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Wow, that was horrible. I wish I had something constructive to add but...yuck.

southside rocks
05-10-2009, 04:26 PM
This ballclub looks flatter than week-old ginger-ale.

I would like to think that they're just in a dead patch, but I remember that I thought that in 2007, for about, oh, four months. I'm getting bad flashbacks.

BadBobbyJenks
05-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Feel asleep in the 5th and was not disappointed to find I slept through the rest of the game.

Bad bad bad.

SoxGirl4Life
05-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Why is Jose getting skewered on the postgame show? It wasn't his fault today

Viva Medias B's
05-10-2009, 04:40 PM
We have become so blah.

WhiteSox1989
05-10-2009, 04:42 PM
To say I am disappointed with this team would be an understatement.

Woofer
05-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Why is Jose getting skewered on the postgame show? It wasn't his fault today

Pretty much every postgame show lately is based on either Contreras, or people wondering why Jim Thome doesn't bunt. It does get pretty boring.

hi im skot
05-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I need a vacation.

WhiteSox5187
05-10-2009, 05:36 PM

If I was a big league pitcher and I had an ERA of anywhere between 5 and 7, I'd be counting down the days until I faced the White Sox because that would mean a win and probably a shutout.

Having said that, if Gavin can string together a couple of good starts I'd be far less worried because that means you have three solid starting pitchers and Colon isn't horrible, all we would need to do is fill out that five spot and there are a couple of options for that. If our pitching is good, then our offense should eventually hit a hot streak and we'd be ok, but if our pitching continues as is, we're in trouble.

russ99
05-10-2009, 05:38 PM
To say I am disappointed with this team would be an understatement.

I'm more annoyed than disappointed.

But really, is this such a surprise?

Jerry cut the payroll 20 million, we're starting 2/3 kids every night, Alexei's having the usual soph slump, we have 2 guys closing in on or past 40 (depending on who you believe) holding down the last 2 spots of the rotation, and as usual all the guys on the farm (except for Getz) who were supposed to plug in are either failing or not ready to contribute.

But hey, let's fire Walker and it will all be fixed...

WhiteSox5187
05-10-2009, 05:44 PM

Jerry cut the payroll 20 million, we're starting 2/3 kids every night, Alexei's having the usual soph slump, we have 2 guys closing in on or past 40 (depending on who you believe) holding down the last 2 spots of the rotation, and as usual all the guys on the farm (except for Getz) who were supposed to plug in are either failing or not ready to contribute.

The problems on this team aren't really the kids. Getz is doing fine, you're getting what you expected out of Fields and Anderson prior to getting hurt was doing very well. The problem is the lack of situational hitting, Contreras and inconsistent starting pitching (aside from Buerhle).

Rdy2PlayBall
05-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I really felt like falling asleep at that game. It was easily the worst I have ever been to. Alexei needs to get a good game out VERY soon or he is as done as Owens.

Noneck
05-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Maybe this is the time to give Ramirez a true wake up call. Put him down and see if he can straighten himself out. Watching him bat is truly painful. But yea I know, that would leave the Sox with a very limited infield but it may help for future years which is more important than this year.

TomBradley72
05-10-2009, 06:44 PM
I usually don't mind Ozzie's "Sunday line ups"....but today against the righty Padilla and considering how much we've been stuggling...the regulars should have been out there. We have an off day coming up on Thursday, we just had an offday on Wednesday due to a rain out. The outcome might not have been different...but our chances are alot better with AJ, Pods and Fields in the line up than the crap that was out there today.

TomBradley72
05-10-2009, 06:46 PM

Payroll cut $20M AND we're wasting another $20M on Contreras and Thome.

Noneck
05-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Payroll cut $20M AND we're wasting another $20M on Contreras and Thome.
If saved payroll is not spent on payroll, the saved payroll is not a waste.

BoysMom3
05-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Well I got two pink bags today because apparently someone thought my youngest son was a girl. (I didn't realize it until we were in the park or I would have given it back.) And I got to see the World Series trophy today too. That youngest son, as it turns out, had a tick in his head, probably from geocaching in the woods yesterday with his dad. So we went to the first aid station to get it out, which is on the ground floor, and there it was, all beautiful in a case. So there were some good parts.

Noneck
05-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Well I got two pink bags today because apparently someone thought my youngest son was a girl. (I didn't realize it until we were in the park or I would have given it back.) And I got to see the World Series trophy today too. That youngest son, as it turns out, had a tick in his head, probably from geocaching in the woods yesterday with his dad. So we went to the first aid station to get it out, which is on the ground floor, and there it was, all beautiful in a case. So there were some good parts.

Yea watching a tick removal would have sparked my interest more than the game.

It's Dankerific
05-10-2009, 07:22 PM
I hope they gave a pink bag to whoever would want one, independent of gender.

JB98
05-10-2009, 07:27 PM

Great point, Dump. It's Buehrle and Danks and pray for rain at this point.

The poor starting pitching has flown under the radar thanks to all the anger being directed at the offensive issues. It would be nice if our starting pitchers could at least get through five innings for cryin' out loud.

I was disappointed that the Sox seemed to start giving away ABs after they fell behind 5-1 today. It was like they threw up their hands and said, "Oh well."

My mother only gets to go to two or three games a year. It would have been nice if the Sox could have given her a reason to cheer today.

Cuck the Fubs
05-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Hands down the worst White Sox game I have been at in a long,long time :whiner:

WhiteSox5187
05-10-2009, 07:35 PM
I really felt like falling asleep at that game. It was easily the worst I have ever been to. Alexei needs to get a good game out VERY soon or he is as done as Owens.

Oh come now! Alexei at his worst (which we are seeing now) is far better than Owens at his best. While I'm very frustrated with Alexei, he looked this bad at this time last year so hopefully on this coming road trip he can turn it around. The guy I have completely lost faith in is Lillebridge. The guy is simply not a major league player.

BoysMom3
05-10-2009, 07:35 PM
I hope they gave a pink bag to whoever would want one, independent of gender.

They advertised it as for the first 10,000 moms, but they handed them out to girls too. I'm sure it's because they thought he was a girl - it happens - he has pretty, long blonde hair just past his shoulders. I don't get it though - he totally dresses and acts like a boy.

Noneck
05-10-2009, 07:36 PM
It's Buehrle and Danks and pray for rain at this point.

If that point doesn't change soon and it will be very difficult to change since it doesn't appear there is the means to change it, it will be a very rainy gloomy rest of season.

AnkleSox
05-10-2009, 07:40 PM
I was disappointed that the Sox seemed to start giving away ABs after they fell behind 5-1 today. It was like they threw up their hands and said, "Oh well." .

I think they threw up their hands after they fell behind 2-1...My brother in law was saying "alright let's just keep them at 2." As much as I wanted to agree with him, deep down I knew they weren't going to score any more runs.

JB98
05-10-2009, 07:48 PM
If that point doesn't change soon and it will be very difficult to change since it doesn't appear there is the means to change it, it will be a very rainy gloomy rest of season.

Honestly, the starting pitching is my biggest concern right now.

The Sox hitters spent last April and May throwing up all over the plate, too. But the starting pitching was good throughout that time and remained good for most of the year. When the bats came around, we won the damn division.

Even if the bats come around again, and I suspect they will, the Sox are still going to struggle because the rotation is extremely thin. You can't have D.J. Carrasco out there every other day eating up innings because the starter got knocked out in the fourth or fifth. You just aren't going to win anything that way.

Noneck
05-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Honestly, the starting pitching is my biggest concern right now.

The Sox hitters spent last April and May throwing up all over the plate, too. But the starting pitching was good throughout that time and remained good for most of the year. When the bats came around, we won the damn division.

Even if the bats come around again, and I suspect they will, the Sox are still going to struggle because the rotation is extremely thin. You can't have D.J. Carrasco out there every other day eating up innings because the starter got knocked out in the fourth or fifth. You just aren't going to win anything that way.

I totally agree but that rotation was suspect from the beginning of spring training, what is happening now should be of no shock to anyone.

So the only chance to stay alive is hit, hit and hit more. And the chances of that happening is slim, fat and none.

balke
05-10-2009, 07:58 PM
I was at the game last night. I was admittedly far away from the play, but I saw something that upset me.

Matt Thornton mowed down his first two batters, then there was that shot past Fields.

The ball was hit hard, and was likely not a makeable play... BUT Josh didn't even react like he'd consider diving for the ball until it was on the dirt, at which time he still didn't even move toward it to pretend to make a dive.

This was a tough play I wouldn't expect him to make, but Crede would've put that thing in his pocket, and I think all 3Bman should've gotten their jersey dirty on it.

I think the Sox have the relievers and infielders to be able to grab a decent SP near the deadline. I hope they can make it happen.

Noneck
05-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I think the Sox have the relievers and infielders to be able to grab a decent SP near the deadline. I hope they can make it happen.

That assumption is based on that the Sox will be buying at that time and not selling.

With the current rotation that seems unlikely.

twinsuck
05-10-2009, 09:21 PM
:whiner: darn I wanted to play this funny song, but they lost.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MnsPQAeB9W4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MnsPQAeB9W4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

palehozenychicty
05-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Ugliness. Well, things will clarify in a month.

Risk
05-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Fire Walker?

Yes.

Risk

DSpivack
05-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Fire Walker?

Yes.

Risk

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51K3BEPH8FL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

chisoxfanatic
05-10-2009, 10:29 PM
At least they scored a run for you. Friday's game was just depressing to be at.

LoveYourSuit
05-10-2009, 10:45 PM

I have lost track of how many bad games I have seen this year, last, and 2007.

Spoke to my mom today for mother's day and I asked her if she was enjoying here White Sox baseball here on Mother's Day (this when the Sox were trailing 6-1 already).

"This team is boring," that's how she described it.

Knocked me off my chair because that's the word I have been searching for to describe this club the last few seasons and I couldn't find it. "Boring" is absolutely the right word to use here.

Risk
05-10-2009, 10:50 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51K3BEPH8FL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Oh hell yes!!!:bandance::D::gulp:

Risk

AnkleSox
05-10-2009, 11:22 PM
I have lost track of how many bad games I have seen this year, last, and 2007.

Spoke to my mom today for mother's day and I asked her if she was enjoying here White Sox baseball here on Mother's Day (this when the Sox were trailing 6-1 already).

"This team is boring," that's how she described it.

Knocked me off my chair because that's the word I have been searching for to describe this club the last few seasons and I couldn't find it. "Boring" is absolutely the right word to use here.

Quentin, Floyd, Ramirez, and Danks kept them from being boring last year. Floyd and Ramirez have been flat out busts (thus far), and Quentin and Danks have been inconsistent.

Mark, Paul, and Jermaine have been solid this year (Mark much more than solid), but the kids and other vets have to step up and retain some sort of consistency.

I'm amazed the Sox only have a -16 run differential. It seems like when they win, it's a close low scoring game, and when they lose, they get blown out, shut out, or both. Something has to change.

captainclutch24
05-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Looks like we are back to early 2000s form of win 8-0 one day, and lose 6-1 the next 2 or 3

4 points
05-11-2009, 03:54 AM
Yea watching a tick removal would have sparked my interest more than the game.

As less painfull than watching a Ramirez at bat to boot.:angry:

SOXfnNlansing
05-11-2009, 05:18 AM
We left the game in the 5th inning. I won't sit there and watch crap. That bag my wife got was crap too!

Sad
05-11-2009, 08:03 AM
what a rotten, embarassing game... :mad:

Jerko
05-11-2009, 09:00 AM
They advertised it as for the first 10,000 moms, but they handed them out to girls too. I'm sure it's because they thought he was a girl - it happens - he has pretty, long blonde hair just past his shoulders. I don't get it though - he totally dresses and acts like a boy.

That wasn't your son, you snuck Tyler Hanson into the park didn't you.

My buddys wife got a bag and she's not a mom yet so yeah, they were pretty liberal handing them out so I wouldn't feel guilty that your son got one. The funny thing was as I was walking in, this big guy walked in and said he was a "mutha" and he should get a bag. Him they turned down.

As for the game, I picked the wrong day not to drink. Awful.

BoysMom3
05-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Nice try, Jerko, but it's Taylor, not Tyler, and I don't know how I'd pass a 26 y.o. off as a 5 y.o. :wink: When the 7 y.o.'s hair was longer, he got the girl comments too, so I'm sure that was it.

I didn't want to complain because they were free, but since soxfnnlansing brought it up, yeah, the bags were ugly too. I can use it to stash a few things in for the pool though I guess. And I thought they looked purple, not pink.

SoxGirl4Life
05-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Nice try, Jerko, but it's Taylor, not Tyler, and I don't know how I'd pass a 26 y.o. off as a 5 y.o. :wink: When the 7 y.o.'s hair was longer, he got the girl comments too, so I'm sure that was it.

I didn't want to complain because they were free, but since soxfnnlansing brought it up, yeah, the bags were ugly too. I can use it to stash a few things in for the pool though I guess. And I thought they looked purple, not pink.

Cute picture! My son used to get mistaken for a girl too. Thick curly hair is what threw people off. Now, as a 19 year old, he keeps it pretty close to a crew cut all the time.

russ99
05-11-2009, 11:02 AM
The problems on this team aren't really the kids. Getz is doing fine, you're getting what you expected out of Fields and Anderson prior to getting hurt was doing very well. The problem is the lack of situational hitting, Contreras and inconsistent starting pitching (aside from Buerhle).

I'm more referring to the mix we had in Spring Training to pull our 4th and 5th starter from than any of the position players. But Betemit, Lillibridge and Nix aren't exactly setting the world on fire either.

I should have been more specific - and I don't really consider Fields and Anderson "kids".

Jerko
05-11-2009, 11:20 AM

Just testing you to see if you were paying attention. I feel bad for anyone who had to sit through that debacle. At least it was a nice day I guess but that game sucked.

Jenks4Prez
05-11-2009, 11:22 AM
This just in! This Sox team is bad.

BoysMom3
05-11-2009, 01:02 PM
C'mon, Jerko. I'm always paying attention. I agree - it was a boring game. At least I got to use that purple bag as a hat when it started to rain. Some guy sitting by me goes - nice hat. I go - yeah, you're just jealous. Then we cracked up. So there were some fun times even if the game wasn't fun. Oh, and there were these darling little girls sitting in front of us - really curly hair, dressed in little White Sox shirts with tights. They kept turning around and entertaining us. Where was everyone sitting that was there? We were in section 109.

WhiteSox5187
05-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm more referring to the mix we had in Spring Training to pull our 4th and 5th starter from than any of the position players. But Betemit, Lillibridge and Nix aren't exactly setting the world on fire either.

I should have been more specific - and I don't really consider Fields and Anderson "kids".

Well Nix has had what? Four at bats? And the reason Betemit and Lillibridge aren't setting the world on fire is because they are awful baseball players.

SoxGirl4Life
05-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Well Nix has had what? Four at bats? And the reason Betemit and Lillibridge aren't setting the world on fire is because they are awful baseball players.
I wanted Lillibridge to do well. But he's just so overmatched at the plate, it almost doesn't look fair.

BoysMom3
05-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks, Soxgirl4life. Oh, I just love long, curly hair on boys - I bet your son looked adorable. My 19 y.o. had long, shaggy hair in jr. high and high school until jr. year when the drumline instructor wanted all the drummers to have short hair. He had really great hair for a long style, but now he's all snobby about and will probably never go back to it. It's super short now since he'll be outside marching all summer.

Oh, and I keep laughing every time I read the title of this thread - Sox puke all over the field. Here's to tonight being a new team, a new field, a new game...a win. :gulp:Anyone know how much longer Brian's supposed to be out?

WhiteSox5187
05-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I wanted Lillibridge to do well. But he's just so overmatched at the plate, it almost doesn't look fair.
He just isn't a major league caliber player. He even struggled in AAA last year.

Cuck the Fubs
05-11-2009, 03:08 PM
C'mon, Jerko. I'm always paying attention. I agree - it was a boring game. At least I got to use that purple bag as a hat when it started to rain. Some guy sitting by me goes - nice hat. I go - yeah, you're just jealous. Then we cracked up. So there were some fun times even if the game wasn't fun. Oh, and there were these darling little girls sitting in front of us - really curly hair, dressed in little White Sox shirts with tights. They kept turning around and entertaining us. Where was everyone sitting that was there? We were in section 109.

I was in the usual spot in 158...minus the crutches :D:

I made it to the 9th inning at least....