PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Umps, Rangers Fail 5-9 Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
05-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Glad about the win, but what a ****ty warning.

WhiteSox1983
05-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Is it just me or do the Rangers get their rocks off by hitting any sox players? Should be good tomorrow with Padilla pitching. Whats the odds he hits AJ twice?

And that call at the end of the game was stupid.

october23sp
05-09-2009, 08:57 PM
And That's why I LUVVVVVV me some Hawk. Kinsler = total douchbag when you look at the expression on his face when it's behind him. Like "I'm always getting thrown at". UGH SOX WIN!:bandance:

DirtySox
05-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Good game for sure. Unfortunate that Danks didn't get the win though.

Unintentional or not, I like that pitch being thrown behind Kinsler. Tomorrow should be interesting to watch.

Now I need a Hawks win!

KnightSox
05-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks Danks, nice AB by Paulie.

shingo10
05-09-2009, 08:59 PM
"He can talk to Ozzie until he's blue in the face and not one good thing will come from it"

Classic Hawk rant. Reminded me on when Buerhle got tossed in 05.

GoGoCrede
Whatever, Kinsler.

I wish Mark had pitched this game or yesteday's, he would have taken care of business when it comes to our guys getting hit (he addressed this recently in an interview).

I'm disappointed that Danks didn't get the win. But what else is new?

Hawk was HILARIOUS. That one's an instant classic, right up there with "That's bull! YOU'RE BULL!"

WhiteSox1989
Hawk after the warning was absolutely hysterical. I'm saving that game to my tivo just for that alone.

But good game, good pitching by Danks.

chisox77
It's just good to get a win. Let's take the series tomorrow and build a decent winning streak. In spite of the obvious problems, the White Sox should contend with the team they have.

SoxGirl4Life
05-09-2009, 09:00 PM
No kidding. Not only did Paulie and Dye get brushed back in that eighth inning, but Quentin AND Getz got hit today.

So really, its not a matter of IF the Rangers hit us tomorrow, but how many times and if they take someone out. :mad:

DSpivack
05-09-2009, 09:01 PM
No kidding. Not only did Paulie and Dye get brushed back in that eighth inning, but Quentin AND Getz got hit today.

So really, its not a matter of IF the Rangers hit us tomorrow, but how many times and if they take someone out. :mad:

I bet tomorrow Padilla clocks a Sox player early on, Sox immediately get warned, Colon gets thrown out in the 4th because he threw a pitch inside.

DirtySox
05-09-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm fired up now. Good thing hockey is still to come!

SoxGirl4Life
05-09-2009, 09:03 PM
It's just good to get a win. Let's take the series tomorrow and build a decent winning streak. In spite of the obvious problems, the White Sox should contend with the team they have.

Yes. they still looked offensively challenged, but Johnny Danks' left arm kept us in it. Wish he would have gotten the win.

Soxman219
05-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Almost got screwed but pulled it off at the end. The Sox-Rangers rivalry grows. Let's win the series tomorrow!

SoxSpeed22
05-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Nice job by Danks and Linebrink. The key at-bats went our way for the most part. That warning was total bull**** but all's well, ends well. Good thing Salty moved out the way, otherwise Carlos was ready to run into him. Let's try and win the series tomorrow.

johnnyg83
I'll take it ...

Woofer
Warnings need to be issued before the game, or else the Rangers will strike first, and the Sox won't be able to defend themselves.

soxinem1
05-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Is it just me or do the Rangers get their rocks off by hitting any sox players? Should be good tomorrow with Padilla pitching. Whats the odds he hits AJ twice?

And that call at the end of the game was stupid.

After which AJ will get warned or tossed for 'instigating' the situation............

Tragg
05-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Way to gut out a win.
Danks pitched a great game, yet Texas made him work for it - 98 pitches after only 6.
That's something the Sox can work on. Are you watching Ozzie and Greg?

And whatever the offensive problems are, one of them hasn't been Chris Getz. His obp is near .360. He's done nothing to warrant not leading off and Pods has done nothing to warrant anything better than the 9 hole (he hasn't warranted a spot on the 40 man, but I guess we have no choice).

soxfanatlanta
05-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Not a thing of beauty, but I'll take it.

DirtySox
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
If Pods is gonna be up near the top, at least put him in the 2 hole instead.

Whatever, Kinsler.

I wish Mark had pitched this game or yesteday's, he would have taken care of business when it comes to our guys getting hit (he addressed this recently in an interview).

Hawk was HILARIOUS. That one's an instant classic, right up there with "That's bull! YOU'RE BULL!"

What did Kinsler do?

GoGoCrede
What did Kinsler do?

He's really good. :tongue:

Brian26
05-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Hawk was great, but what's lost in this is that Jenks absolutely meant to throw behind Kinsler. He didn't mean to hit him, but the pitch was a purpose pitch and a warning. That ball didn't just get away.

And that's what makes it a brilliant call in that situation. Such an unlikely point to throw at someone, that it was a perfect time to send a message.

DirtySox
05-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Hawk was great, but what's lost in this is that Jenks absolutely meant to throw behind Kinsler. He didn't mean to hit him, but the pitch was a purpose pitch and a warning. That ball didn't just get away.

And that's what makes it a brilliant call in that situation. Such an unlikely point to throw at someone, that it was a perfect time to send a message.

I've been thinking about it that way as well. Jenks is the perfect guy to send a warning. Let him stir the pot. Throwing behind someone doesn't put the game at risk. It served its purpose.

october23sp
05-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I've been thinking about it that way as well. Jenks is the perfect guy to send a warning. Let him stir the pot.

Let him throw the first punch too!:gulp:

Tragg
05-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I didn't see it, but 9th inning,2 outs and no one one...Jenks struck out the first 2, so he was probably throwing the ball precisely where he wanted to. It's still a gutsy call, but a message needed to be sent. And if you hit him, well, he's their best hitter anyway.

flo-B-flo
05-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Throwing behind someone doesn't put the game at risk. It served its purpose. I agree here. Don't throw at his head but, you have to make them uncomfortable in there after they plunk your guy(s).......that's just baseball........

Woofer
05-09-2009, 09:40 PM
I didn't see it, but 9th inning,2 outs and no one one...Jenks struck out the first 2, so he was probably throwing the ball precisely where he wanted to. It's still a gutsy call, but a message needed to be sent. And if you hit him, well, he's their best hitter anyway.

You see, it seems it only becomes a problem if the Sox throw anywhere near somebody. Two of our guys were hit tonight, and others came close. Nothing was ever said, and no warnings were issued. Jenks has every right to buzz the tower on someone. If warnings are issued, it only takes away part of the Rangers obvious gameplan, since we really hit anyone, or so it seems.

BleacherBandit
05-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Thornton with those walks is kind of scary. I'm not very confident when he comes in to pitch in these situations so far this year. However, Linebrink and Jenks a stellar job. It's also good to see Carlos come up with two doubles and some agressive baserunning. Hopefully he's starting to come around.

SoxGirl4Life
05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Guy on the postgame show is over-served.

Brian26
05-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Two of our guys were hit tonight, and others came close. Nothing was ever said, and no warnings were issued.

Millwood was not trying to hit TCQ.

FWIW, TCQ didn't make an effort to get out of the way either. Dye almost got himself hit too.

Totally different circumstances than the Jenks pitch.

Brian26
05-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Guy on the postgame show is over-served.

I told Rongey to quit drinking in the 5th inning.

october23sp
05-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Have to agree with some people about TCQ. He gets hit by everyone, it's part of his gameplan.

ChiSoxGirl
05-09-2009, 09:46 PM
And That's why I LUVVVVVV me some Hawk. Kinsler = total douchbag when you look at the expression on his face when it's behind him. Like "I'm always getting thrown at". UGH SOX WIN!:bandance:

"He can talk to Ozzie until he's blue in the face and not one good thing will come from it"

Classic Hawk rant. Reminded me on when Buerhle got tossed in 05.

Buehrle being tossed in Baltimore in 2005 for retaliating is the first situation that came to mind for me, too.

Whatever, Kinsler.

Remind me... when was the "That's bull! YOU'RE BULL!" rant again?

Hawk after the warning was absolutely hysterical. I'm saving that game to my tivo just for that alone.

But good game, good pitching by Danks.

I was :roflmao: listening to Hawk's epic rant tonight. He was totally going to throw out a "That it TOTAL B.S.!" line at one point, but Stone cut him off.

GoGoCrede
05-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Remind me... when was the "That's bull! YOU'RE BULL!" rant again?

We were playing the Rockies at the Cell. Carlos struck out and slammed his bat down. The home plate ump issued a warning to him. Hawk (and Ozzie) thought Carlos had been ejected. Hawk went ballistic, saying Carlos was mad at himself, not at the umpire, and said "That's bull! You're bull!"

Turns out that Carlos was just fined for "misuse of equipment," not ejected, but it was hilarious anyway.

ChiSoxGirl
05-09-2009, 09:55 PM
We were playing the Rockies at the Cell. Carlos struck out and slammed his bat down. The home plate ump issued a warning to him. Hawk (and Ozzie) thought Carlos had been ejected. Hawk went ballistic, saying Carlos was mad at himself, not at the umpire, and said "That's bull! You're bull!"

Turns out that Carlos was just fined for "misuse of equipment," not ejected, but it was hilarious anyway.

That's AWESOME!!!

TDog
05-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes. they still looked offensively challenged, but Johnny Danks' left arm kept us in it. Wish he would have gotten the win.

Danks would win more games if he were more than a six-inning pitcher. Last year, until the end in the most important game of his career, he was effective for just six innings, regardless of his pitch count, which aren't nearly as significant as a lot of people believe. I hope he develops into a pitcher who can pitch deeper into games, maybe even completing some.

I didn't see the play people are whining about in the ninth, but there is a difference between throwing inside and throwing behind someone. The umpire had the authority to eject Jenks for throwing behind Kinsler because generally a pitch thrown behind someone isn't meant to move the hitter off the plate. (A couple of years ago when a Sox pitcher was ejected before a warning was issued, people whined and said it couldn't stand and that the umpire should be suspended. Of course, it did and he wasn't.) It's generally regarded as throwing at someone. The natural reaction for the hitter is to back away from the plate, which makes it more likely for the hitter to get hit.

The Rangers were punished plenty for hitting two White Sox hitters. With two outs and none on, Getz was hit, and he scored on Quentin's two-out double. Quentin was hit with two strikes on him in the eighth, moving Getz to second. If Quentin doesn't advance the runner, it is unlikely that Getz scores. Certainly, if Konerko had come up with two outs, he wouldn't have been able to hit a sacrifice fly.

Essentially, the Rangers lost this game because they hit two White Sox hitters. And if the Rangers had tied the game in the ninth, hitting another White Sox batter would have led to an ejection because Jenks was warned.

The thing I missed by not seeing the game was the pop-fly caught by Kinsler on which Konerko was doubled up. I was hoping that Dye would have crossed the plate before Konerko was called out at second, and the oblivious Rangers would have neglected to get the fourth out at third to prevent the run from counting. But obviously the play didn't go down like I imagined from the written description of the play.

LoveYourSuit
05-09-2009, 10:23 PM
The I don't give a **** Bobby Jenks we saw tonight is the one I want to see from here forward. That was awesome. And then sending a message to the Rangers bench with that brush back (Forward) pitch.... about time someone stands up from the pitching staff.

Get the series tomorrow!

VenturaFan23
05-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Damn, I missed the Hawk rant because I was driving home and listened to the whole ordeal from "Mr. Bore" Farmer who as usual, didn't make it sound like a big deal with the boring tone of his voice. :angry:

DSpivack
05-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Damn, I missed the Hawk rant because I was driving home and listened to the whole ordeal from "Mr. Bore" Farmer who as usual, didn't make it sound like a big deal with the boring tone of his voice. :angry:

It'd be a bigger deal if I was living in Chicago, but man do I miss John Rooney.

CLR01
05-09-2009, 10:53 PM
You see, it seems it only becomes a problem if the Sox throw anywhere near somebody. Two of our guys were hit tonight, and others came close. Nothing was ever said, and no warnings were issued. Jenks has every right to buzz the tower on someone. If warnings are issued, it only takes away part of the Rangers obvious gameplan, since we really hit anyone, or so it seems.

LOL, if the warning would have been issued after one of the Sox players got hit this place would have gone off with it's usual bitchfest about how the umps are always screwing over the Sox with warnings. I bet you be in that crowd. Tonights warning was deserved and I am going to guess that one will be issued before the game tomorrow.

Hawk soulded like an idiot tonight with his rant but then again he usually sounds like an idiot when he is ranting about the umps.

DirtySox
05-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Jenks says he wanted to send a message.
(http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090509&content_id=4644854&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

WhiteSox5187
05-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Danks would win more games if he were more than a six-inning pitcher. Last year, until the end in the most important game of his career, he was effective for just six innings, regardless of his pitch count, which aren't nearly as significant as a lot of people believe. I hope he develops into a pitcher who can pitch deeper into games, maybe even completing some.

I didn't see the play people are whining about in the ninth, but there is a difference between throwing inside and throwing behind someone. The umpire had the authority to eject Jenks for throwing behind Kinsler because generally a pitch thrown behind someone isn't meant to move the hitter off the plate. (A couple of years ago when a Sox pitcher was ejected before a warning was issued, people whined and said it couldn't stand and that the umpire should be suspended. Of course, it did and he wasn't.) It's generally regarded as throwing at someone. The natural reaction for the hitter is to back away from the plate, which makes it more likely for the hitter to get hit.

The Rangers were punished plenty for hitting two White Sox hitters. With two outs and none on, Getz was hit, and he scored on Quentin's two-out double. Quentin was hit with two strikes on him in the eighth, moving Getz to second. If Quentin doesn't advance the runner, it is unlikely that Getz scores. Certainly, if Konerko had come up with two outs, he wouldn't have been able to hit a sacrifice fly.

Essentially, the Rangers lost this game because they hit two White Sox hitters. And if the Rangers had tied the game in the ninth, hitting another White Sox batter would have led to an ejection because Jenks was warned.

The thing I missed by not seeing the game was the pop-fly caught by Kinsler on which Konerko was doubled up. I was hoping that Dye would have crossed the plate before Konerko was called out at second, and the oblivious Rangers would have neglected to get the fourth out at third to prevent the run from counting. But obviously the play didn't go down like I imagined from the written description of the play.

I wasn't aware of what his pitch count was, but was that the reason they pulled him? I thought he still looked pretty good. I wonder if the reason he gets pulled so soon is just an effort to save his arm. He is only what? 23?

JB98
05-10-2009, 12:39 AM
I'm not too concerned about the umpire issuing a warning. Big deal.

Great AB by Konerko in the eighth. Too bad Danks didn't get the win. He deserved it.

slavko
05-10-2009, 12:57 AM

Concur. Throwing behind is Standard Operating Procedure for throwing at. Do it again.

Our bohemoths not only can't run the bases, they can't even stay on the base they're occupying. They can't go away soon enough AFAIC. Next year we'll see a different, more exciting club.

oeo
05-10-2009, 01:05 AM

Sorry, but this is what happens when your GM publicly states that the pitchers need to start protecting the hitters. Really, they shouldn't need to be told, but it was something that should have been kept within the clubhouse.

sunofgold
05-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Jenks said that he threw it on purpose. I don't mind Jenks doing that, but not sure if it the best time to do it (one run game). However, he probably caught Kinsler off guard. haha! Thus, maybe it did work. At that, I saw strike one, strike two, then pop out.

However, umps have to start giving out warnings to other team as well. Maybe before the game. haha! Then, you hit Quentin and you are tossed. haha!

Maybe also Jenks shouldn't have send anything about it.

CLR01
05-10-2009, 03:15 AM
Jenks says he wanted to send a message.
(http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090509&content_id=4644854&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Jenks may be taking some time off now thanks to these comments but it not like the Sox need a closer very often right now.

cws05champ
05-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Jenks may be taking some time off now thanks to these comments but it not like the Sox need a closer very often right now.

I don't see how. He said it was unintentional, but wanted to send a message. He didn't even hit the guy...... there's no way he'd be suspended.

Frater Perdurabo
05-10-2009, 06:48 AM
I did not get to watch or listen to any of last night's game, as I was working our college's graduation ceremony.

When I got to my car at 10:15 p.m., I turned on the local station that carries Rangers games, to hear the post-game show host complaining that "this franchise (the White Sox) is the most thin-skinned organization in MLB," for the way they reacted to being hit by Rangers' pitching. The next several callers agreed with this premise, calling out the Sox and Ozzie, and saying the Ozzie is "bad for baseball." The host then agreed that Ozzie is "bad for baseball."

:angry:

Now I have my differences with some of Ozzie's in-game decisions, but I've always said he's a good clubhouse manager, and I've never, ever said that he's "bad for baseball."

**** the Rangers and their fans, 95% of whom don't know a lick about baseball. The only people in Texas who know anything about baseball are transplanted northerners, because most native Texans only care about football. Baseball is something to do between football seasons where you can load up your spoiled rotten kids and their snot-nosed friends in your mammoth SUV, get them hopped up on Red Fusion and Cheetos, take them to the game and buy them all Rangers' trinkets, and prove yourself an annoyance to the knowledgeable baseball fans who invariably are wearing the opposing teams' colors.

The Rangers are scary-bad; they have only won ONE playoff game in their history. The Rangers are so bad, and their fans so cluless, that they had to bring in Nolan Ryan to be their team president just to give the organization some respectability.

**** the Texas Rangers.

WSox597
05-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Nice rant. Let me take it a step further.

The only good thing to ever come out of Texas is an empty Greyhound bus. :D:

It's a common phrase in the construction trades, due to Texans coming up north and then telling everybody how great things are in Texas.

Here's a thought, stay there.

DonnieDarko
05-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Hmmmm. Just out of curiosity, what is the number for this radio station's post-game show? :cool:

palehozenychicty
05-10-2009, 07:43 AM
I did not get to watch or listen to any of last night's game, as I was working our college's graduation ceremony.

When I got to my car at 10:15 p.m., I turned on the local station that carries Rangers games, to hear the post-game show host complaining that "this franchise (the White Sox) is the most thin-skinned organization in MLB," for the way they reacted to being hit by Rangers' pitching. The next several callers agreed with this premise, calling out the Sox and Ozzie, and saying the Ozzie is "bad for baseball." The host then agreed that Ozzie is "bad for baseball."

Now I have my differences with some of Ozzie's in-game decisions, but I've always said he's a good clubhouse manager, and I've never, ever said that he's "bad for baseball."

**** the Rangers and their fans, 95% of whom don't know a lick about baseball. The only people in Texas who know anything about baseball are transplanted northerners, because most native Texans only care about football. Baseball is something to do between football seasons where you can load up your spoiled rotten kids and their snot-nosed friends in your mammoth SUV, get them hopped up on Red Fusion and Cheetos, take them to the game and buy them all Rangers' trinkets, and prove yourself an annoyance to the knowledgeable baseball fans who invariably are wearing the opposing teams' colors.

The Rangers are scary-bad; they have only won ONE playoff game in their history. The Rangers are so bad, and their fans so cluless, that they had to bring in Nolan Ryan to be their team president just to give the organization some respectability.

**** the Texas Rangers.

Word. I would like to put them at the top of my contraction list.

Jurr
05-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Good game last night. The bullpen bar was happenin', though this huge guy was making a fool of himself, pulling on the RF fence and screaming. He weighed about 400, and I feared he would pull the fence down.

I had no idea how many people hate Sidney Crosby. I wore a Penguins hat and heard a lot of anti-Crosby vitriol.

My future father-in-law, attending his first Sox series, summed up last night by saying, "these guys leave too many damn men on base. They need to work on that. Get some bunts down or something."

Well said, pops.

DonnieDarko
05-10-2009, 09:42 AM
It WOULD be nice to see Getz, Fields and Pods lay down some bunts to get men into scoring position, yeah. Especially if we have no outs. I would say Ramirez, too, but he first needs to learn HOW to bunt.

Tragg
05-10-2009, 10:09 AM
More bunting, other than from Podsednik, is the last thing this team needs.

Getz has a .365 obp - he's getting on base. Keep doing that.

SBSoxFan
05-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Warnings need to be issued before the game, or else the Rangers will strike first, and the Sox won't be able to defend themselves.

Why? Sox are still pitching first today.

Thornton with those walks is kind of scary. I'm not very confident when he comes in to pitch in these situations so far this year. However, Linebrink and Jenks a stellar job. It's also good to see Carlos come up with two doubles and some agressive baserunning. Hopefully he's starting to come around.

You know, it's amazing how un-hittable Thornton can look and then kind of loose it in the same inning. Two strikeouts, then a hit, a 4-pitch walk, and then a bloop to tie the game. :(: The man has to give up more bloops than any reliever in baseball.

Also, while watching the highlights this morning, I couldn't help but think the Ranger's never score their second run if Danks could learn not to fall off the mound.

hawkjt
05-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Danks was filthy last nite...good to see.
Matt Thornton has to tighten up...two walks that have cost us this week.
Paulie had a great at bat to drive in Carlos.
Bad Bobby did what needed to be done.
I hope there are no warnings today..Bart's pitches move too much for him to have pinpoint control and he could end up hitting someone by mistake.
But if Padillo goes after the Sox...go out and get him.

FielderJones
05-10-2009, 12:57 PM
After the game they showed a replay with a different angle of Carlos crossing home, with AJ on deck in the frame. AJ immediately noticed that the ump had not made a safe sign, pointed to the plate and yelled at Carlos to touch the plate. I love having AJ on our team -- great baseball IQ.

Frater Perdurabo
05-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Hmmmm. Just out of curiosity, what is the number for this radio station's post-game show? :cool:

Not sure. Last night's post-game show was on KRLD 1080-AM. Sometimes they are on KRLD 105.3 FM.

cards press box
05-10-2009, 02:19 PM

What is the source of the antipathy in Texas toward Ozzie? Is it the feud that Ozzie had with that blowhard Buck Showalter a few years ago? Is it the fact that 2005 Sox swept the Astros in the World Series? Is it a lack of understanding of baseball in football crazy Texas?

You are right. The Sox and Ozzie are not thin skinned for wanting to protect Sox players. If Rangers fans are whining about Ozzie, what would they have said about Eddie Stanky whose philosophy was "hit one of my guys and we'll hit three of yours"? What about Early "Gus" Wynn who drilled an opposing batter four consecutive plate appearances after the batter made a dirty play in the field going out of his way to drill Wynn's teammate Larry Doby (then the only black player in the AL) during a play on the bases?

**** the Texas Rangers.

What an image: mammoth SUV's, Red Fusion and Cheetos.

Frater Perdurabo
05-10-2009, 02:54 PM
What is the source of the antipathy in Texas toward Ozzie? Is it the feud that Ozzie had with that blowhard Buck Showalter a few years ago? Is it the fact that 2005 Sox swept the Astros in the World Series? Is it a lack of understanding of baseball in football crazy Texas?

What an image: mammoth SUV's, Red Fusion and Cheetos.

Many Texans think everything is bigger and better here. They think they are entitled to victories. Put succinctly:

Ranger fans = Cub fans - drunkenness + megachurch

I've been to enough Rangers games to know what their "typical" fans are like. They built a stadium to hold 50K+ fans in order to maximize Friday and Saturday attendance, because a big part of their attendance is families with kids and their friends traveling 60+ miles round trip to spend profligately at chain restaurants, Six Flags and the Ballpark. These parents condition their kids grow up believing they are all "above average" and are entitled to foul balls, victories, and non-stop entertainment. The Ballpark is nothing more than another theme park or megachurch that happens to be wrapped around a baseball field. It's a nice facility, but a huge percentage of their fans will grow up to be Cub fans when they discover booze, stop listening to their parents and megachurch youth pastors, stop going to Applebees and start going to Hooters, and start watching ESPN.

AZChiSoxFan
05-11-2009, 12:07 PM

**** the Texas Rangers.

Frater, my friend, you had me at hello. POTW material right here.

I have family that lives in the D/FW area so I've been to a number of Ranger games over the years (both at the current stadium and the old Arlington Stadium). "Fans" of the Rangers are the main reason I despise this franchise. Everything you wrote about them is spot on, IMO. Their collective lack of knowledge about baseball is right up there (down there, I guess) with that of your typical D-backs fan.

AZChiSoxFan
05-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Many Texans think everything is bigger and better here.

Many, or ALL ?????