PDA

View Full Version : Nix brothers getting a chance to play regularly??

soxinem1
05-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Jayson Nix in the lineup and swinging a good bat for us since joining the team. He looks hungry and Ozzie seems to like him. I would not be surprised to see him playing all over the diamond if he keeps hitting.

Meanwhile, Dusty Baker announced in CIN that Laynce Nix is his new LF. Hopefully, after a mostly uneventful MLB career the past few seasons and falling out of favor in TEX

As a baseball fan, these are good stories if they last...... Especially when MIN has to send their starting 2B to AAA for being a loaf.

Glad to see players who are grateful to be MLB players and realize how lucky they are.

Chez
05-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Jayson Nix in the lineup and swinging a good bat for us since joining the team. He looks hungry and Ozzie seems to like him. I would not be surprised to see him playing all over the diamond if he keeps hitting.

Meanwhile, Dusty Baker announced in CIN that Laynce Nix is his new LF. Hopefully, after a mostly uneventful MLB career the past few seasons and falling out of favor in TEX

As a baseball fan, these are good stories if they last...... Especially when MIN has to send their starting 2B to AAA for being a loaf.

Glad to see players who are grateful to be MLB players and realize how lucky they are.

I agree. Nix looks solid; like he knows what he's doing (though it's only been a week). So does Getz. Once Ramirez gets untracked at the plate, the middle infield should be a strength this season.

DirtySox
05-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Nix might be playing 3rd today with Alexei coming back from his benching.

hawkjt
05-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I hope Nix does play third tonite. He has about the best stroke working right now and tattooed a couple of balls last nite that got caught.
I like his short stroke and he has not hurt us in the field ...yet.
Josh's bad throw did hurt us last nite.

DonnieDarko
05-09-2009, 12:21 PM
I hope Nix does play third tonite. He has about the best stroke working right now and tattooed a couple of balls last nite that got caught.
I like his short stroke and he has not hurt us in the field ...yet.
Josh's bad throw did hurt us last nite.

In all fairness to Josh, the umpire made a bad call, since he wasn't safe.

hawkjt
05-09-2009, 02:38 PM
We were at the game and I did not get the benefit of a replay...I knew it was close. So I apologize to Josh...and may a bird soil that umps breakfast today!!

getonbckthr
05-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Jayson Nix in the lineup and swinging a good bat for us since joining the team. He looks hungry and Ozzie seems to like him. .
He's not a latin player though?
Seriously Nix has been a pleasent surprise. Lets hope he keeps it up.

oeo
05-09-2009, 02:52 PM
In all fairness to Josh, the umpire made a bad call, since he wasn't safe.

It was a bad call, but I think Josh would probably tell you the same thing: there's no excuse for the bad throw. He had plenty of time to make a good throw, and it's disappointing because his throws are a strong point of his defense.

DonnieDarko
05-09-2009, 04:35 PM
It was a bad call, but I think Josh would probably tell you the same thing: there's no excuse for the bad throw. He had plenty of time to make a good throw, and it's disappointing because his throws are a strong point of his defense.

Oh, no doubt. I wasn't saying that Josh didn't make a bad throw.