PDA

View Full Version : Aramis dislocated shoulder tonight

1908<2005
05-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Looked bad. Could be a torn labrum.

Brian26
05-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Cubs might be living their version of our 2007 this year.

WhiteSox1989
05-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I don't like Aramis Ramirez, but I still feel bad when a guy gets hurt. (Except when the player is a known juicer).

1908<2005
05-08-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't like Aramis Ramirez, but I still feel bad when a guy gets hurt. (Except when the player is a known juicer).

Manny was the one who got suspended yesterday... :redneck

BadBobbyJenks
05-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Wow, everything that could be going wrong for that team is.

JB98
05-08-2009, 11:12 PM
It's too bad for Ramirez and the Cubs.

However, I have no sympathy for Cubs fans.

soxpride724
05-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Cubs might be living their version of our 2007 this year.

Yeah and we might be having a much worse season than 2007. Go figure.

DrCrawdad
05-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah and we might be having a much worse season than 2007. Go figure.

True. But not many people picked the Sox to win the AL Central this year and go straight to the World Series, as it seems many did with the Cubbies.

TheOldRoman
05-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Yeah and we might be having a much worse season than 2007. Go figure.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah, we lost 90 games that year. But we are 2 games under .500 1/6 through the season, so that means we might just be much worse this year. The only question is whether or not the Nationals will pass us.

Irishsox1
05-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Something isn't clicking on his Cubs team and I'm guessing that it's the loss of Kerry Wood and the arrival of Milton Bradley mixed in with Dempster coming back down to earth with his new contract and Lee being injured.

Either way, the Brewers and Cards should be problems all year long.

DrCrawdad
05-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Something isn't clicking on his Cubs team and I'm guessing that it's the loss of Kerry Wood and the arrival of Milton Bradley mixed in with Dempster coming back down to earth with his new contract and Lee being injured.

You're right. Who would have guessed the Cubs had "holes" (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2186369&postcount=7) after many people were making them out to be the '27 Yankees (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2187322&postcount=18).

Zambrano has a 4.50 ERA. No surprise to me. He had a 4.85 ERA the 2nd half of last season. Why virtually no one thought that might carry over is beyond me.

Dempster had the proverbial Career Year last year. Soto is having a severe sophomore slump.

All that said, the Cubs have a winning record and are in 3rd place. They're in a division with a several AAA level teams - Astros, Pirates & Reds - so they have plenty of time to surpass the Cardinals and Brewers.

Given all the hype and hoopla about the 2008 Cubbies and the blindness to their holes and potential holes, it sure would be funny to watch them miss the playoffs. Just like the 2004 Cubbies, the team of which it was said had, "The Best Rotation In The History of Baseball."

jabrch
05-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Good time to have already acquired Freel earlier in the morning. He can fill in ok at 3B.

soxpride724
05-09-2009, 10:25 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah, we lost 90 games that year. But we are 2 games under .500 1/6 through the season, so that means we might just be much worse this year. The only question is whether or not the Nationals will pass us.

Notice how I said MIGHT.:rolleyes:

Yes it's still early, and there is a long way to go. BUT with inconsistent hitting, and hope they don't hit a prolonged slump or losing streak, otherwise this could turn into a terrible year.

Hope for the best.

Red Barchetta
05-09-2009, 10:36 AM

Yeah, but Lou is a good manager and finds a way to work with what he has. They have had a good May so far (even with the loss last night), however losses can start stacking up fast once multiple injuries take place...

I know too many Cubs fans who pretty much thought the regular season was nothing but a formality this year...:rolleyes:

DumpJerry
05-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Getting rid of DeRosa is looking worse and worse each day. I heard on the radio that one of the pitchers they got from Cleveland for him is doing very well and is MLB ready, but DeRosa is the kind of player you hold onto for a long time.

WhiteSox1989
05-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah, but Lou is a good manager and finds a way to work with what he has. They have had a good May so far (even with the loss last night), however losses can start stacking up fast once multiple injuries take place...

I know too many Cubs fans who pretty much thought the regular season was nothing but a formality this year...:rolleyes:

I love Lou. He deserves better than the Cubs and their fans.

guillensdisciple
05-09-2009, 02:49 PM
You're right. Who would have guessed the Cubs had "holes" (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2186369&postcount=7) after many people were making them out to be the '27 Yankees (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2187322&postcount=18).

Zambrano has a 4.50 ERA. No surprise to me. He had a 4.85 ERA the 2nd half of last season. Why virtually no one thought that might carry over is beyond me.

Dempster had the proverbial Career Year last year. Soto is having a severe sophomore slump.

All that said, the Cubs have a winning record and are in 3rd place. They're in a division with a several AAA level teams - Astros, Pirates & Reds - so they have plenty of time to surpass the Cardinals and Brewers.

Given all the hype and hoopla about the 2008 Cubbies and the blindness to their holes and potential holes, it sure would be funny to watch them miss the playoffs. Just like the 2004 Cubbies, the team of which it was said had, "The Best Rotation In The History of Baseball."

I remember that, and I remember siding with you while you were writing that. However, this has been the third or second time I have seen you bring up your own posts- what is the point of that?

Brian26
05-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I love Lou. He deserves better than the Cubs and their fans.

Don't worry. He'll just quit if he gets fed up. He's too old to deal with losing, and he doesn't need the aggravation or the money.

DrCrawdad
05-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I remember that, and I remember siding with you while you were writing that. However, this has been the third or second time I have seen you bring up your own posts- what is the point of that?

The satisfaction of being right and darn glad to boast about. And the pleasure of patting myself on the back.

areilly
05-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Just like the 2004 Cubbies, the team of which it was said had, "The Best Rotation In The History of Baseball."

This was also said - repeatedly and more recently - about the 2006 White Sox.

DrCrawdad
05-11-2009, 07:14 PM
This was also said - repeatedly and more recently - about the 2006 White Sox.

I don't ever remember hearing that then or even more recently. Got any examples or quotes?

areilly
05-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't ever remember hearing that then or even more recently. Got any examples or quotes?

SportsCenter used the exact phrase "Greatest Rotation Ever" immediately following the trade to acquire Javier Vazquez. I don't know how to link to that, but I know it happened. Obviously things didn't shake out that way, but very few pronouncements of that nature ever do.

(Side note: By "more recently" I simply meant that 2006 was more recent than 2004.)

DrCrawdad
05-11-2009, 10:25 PM
SportsCenter used the exact phrase "Greatest Rotation Ever" immediately following the trade to acquire Javier Vazquez. I don't know how to link to that, but I know it happened. Obviously things didn't shake out that way, but very few pronouncements of that nature ever do.

(Side note: By "more recently" I simply meant that 2006 was more recent than 2004.)

So you apparently heard it on SportsCenter, and that's "repeatedly?" What was there one guy on SportsCenter who said it a few times and that's the same as the hype and hoopla that surrounded the 2004 Cubbie rotation?:scratch:

Konerko05
05-11-2009, 11:58 PM
So you apparently heard it on SportsCenter, and that's "repeatedly?" What was there one guy on SportsCenter who said it a few times and that's the same as the hype and hoopla that surrounded the 2004 Cubbie rotation?:scratch:

Wow. Give it a rest already.

DrCrawdad
05-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Wow. Give it a rest already.

I responded to comment directed at me, OMG! A discussion taking place on a discussion board! The horror! "Won't somebody please think of the children?"

Konerko05
05-12-2009, 12:15 AM
I responded to comment directed at me, OMG! A discussion taking place on a discussion board! The horror! "Won't somebody please think of the children?"

You are jumping all over him because he mentioned he heard the same thing about the White Sox in 2006. He never said it was "the same hype and hoopla" as the Cubs in 2004.

Relax. Stop watching ESPN. Stop reading the Tribune. Concentrate on the White Sox. Every post you make seems like you're on the verge of a Cubs induced mental breakdown.

DrCrawdad
05-12-2009, 12:21 AM
You are jumping all over him because he mentioned he heard the same thing about the White Sox in 2006. He never said it was "the same hype and hoopla" as the Cubs in 2004.

Relax. Stop watching ESPN. Stop reading the Tribune. Concentrate on the White Sox.

It was recently pointed out to me that WSI has an ignore feature. Perhaps if my posts bother you so that you feel compelled to correct and dictate to me, you should look into that WSI ignore feature.

I rarely, if ever, watch ESPN. And beyond that, stop telling me what to do and what to think about.

BTW this discussion is in "What's the score" and from the subject, "Aramis dislocated shoulder tonight," it's clear it's about the Cubs. And yet here you are and dispensing the corrective counsel. If you're pouring some medicine for me, consider please, having a sip yourself first.

kittle42
05-12-2009, 01:07 AM
It was recently pointed out to me that WSI has an ignore feature. Perhaps if my posts bother you so that you feel compelled to correct and dictate to me, you should look into that WSI ignore feature.

I wish the Cubs had an ignore feature which Sox fans, including me, could activate.

Craig Grebeck
05-12-2009, 12:13 PM
I wish the Cubs had an ignore feature which Sox fans, including me, could activate.
Where's the fun (or rationality, for that matter) in that?!