PDA

View Full Version : Curt Schilling on Manny and others

Fenway
05-08-2009, 07:36 PM
OUCH

http://38pitches.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/curt-schilling/general/2009/05/08/thank-you-jason-bay/ (http://38pitches.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/curt-schilling/general/2009/05/08/thank-you-jason-bay/)

thedudeabides
05-08-2009, 07:46 PM
OUCH

http://38pitches.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/curt-schilling/general/2009/05/08/thank-you-jason-bay/ (http://38pitches.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/curt-schilling/general/2009/05/08/thank-you-jason-bay/)

If you walked in my place right now and handed me a hundred dollar bill to open that link and read what Schilling has to say about Manny, I would kindly ask you to leave.

One self obsessed blow hard pontificating about another. That could be considered a measure of torture.

oeo
05-08-2009, 08:00 PM
If you walked in my place right now and handed me a hundred dollar bill to open that link and read what Schilling has to say about Manny, I would kindly ask you to leave.

One self obsessed blow hard pontificating about another. That could be considered a measure of torture.

It's not even really about Manny...he's hardly mentioned, and it's actually pretty good. :shrug:

kravdog
05-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Never thought too highly of Schilling, but that was a good read.

TealTank
05-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I hate Schilling, what a piece of **** that mother****er is.

I remember after Sept 11th, he "wrote a letter to America" Hey *******, nobody cares what the **** you have to say, especially after that terrible day. And nobody cares what the **** you have to say now, as a washed up mother****er.

southside rocks
05-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Never thought too highly of Schilling, but that was a good read.

Same reaction here. If I could like Curt Schilling, I would, after reading that piece.

Irishsox1
05-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Vintage Shillmeister. Grand issues that do not get answered, ultimately praising his own accomplishments or good deeds.

He conveniently forgets that when he stood before congress, he spent most of his time there attacking Conseco rather than addressing steroids. He should take his phony bloody sock and stick it in his mouth.

Shoeless_Jeff
05-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Curt Schilling is a piece of ****. **** him.

Oblong
05-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I would love it if Schilling was ever busted for this stuff. Absolutely love it.

WhiteSox1983
05-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Vintage Shillmeister. Grand issues that do not get answered, ultimately praising his own accomplishments or good deeds.

He conveniently forgets that when he stood before congress, he spent most of his time there attacking Conseco rather than addressing steroids. He should take his phony bloody sock and stick it in his mouth.

Co-Sign this.

Risk
05-10-2009, 08:45 AM

Exactly. Schilling is nothing more than a self-aggrandizing, self-promoting ******* who is the type of person who thinks he's smart, but in reality is the dumbest person in the room, and yet feels ever so compelled to give his opinion to people who don't want/need to hear it. Arrogance coupled with stupidity is a dangerous combination, and Schilling is a perfect example of that.

Risk

Risk
05-10-2009, 08:47 AM
I would love it if Schilling was ever busted for this stuff. Absolutely love it.

Schadenfreude at its finest, my dear Oblong.:gulp:

Risk

TomC727
05-10-2009, 11:19 AM
I have always liked Curt Schilling and that was a fantastic read. I have yet to understand the pure hatred for him on this board.

Risk
05-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I have always liked Curt Schilling and that was a fantastic read. I have yet to understand the pure hatred for him on this board.

How about the time he said something along the lines of "never wanting to play for the White Sox." Plus he managed to make himself look like a bigger ass than all the other asses who were sitting on that Congressional inquiry board during the steriod hearings.

Risk

TomC727
05-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Who gives a **** if he said he didn't want to play for the White Sox. So this is why the board has pure hatred for the man. And show me the exact quote that he said he didn't want to play here.

Oblong
05-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Being a jerk is ok with me. But being a jerk in a "I'm morally better than you" kind of way is way off base and that's what Schilling does.

Sox
05-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I am seeing all of these references as to what Curt supposedly said without any links or proof that he said some of the disparaging things that some members on this board says that he (Curt Schilling)said. Frankly, I thought that this article was a good read based on the content of what he wrote. It's his opinion which I believe that he is entitled too. It's easy to toss or lob rocks at some one when there is not a legitimate reason to criticize someones opinion.

But to character assassinate someone just because you don't like them without a legitimate reason to not like them is weak and lame.

Oblong
05-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Doesn't the Schilling legend go that he didn't really turn his career around until "training" with Clemens?

He made Theo Epstein and one of the owners grovel before him on Thanksgiving at his house one year. That's beyond a typical ballplayer ego. Then he tells his fans that since they trusted him to lead the Sox to the WS that they should trust him again and vote for his preferred electoral candidate.

Risk
05-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Being a jerk is ok with me. But being a jerk in a "I'm morally better than you" kind of way is way off base and that's what Schilling does.

Exactly. It's one thing if you're a horse's ass, but it's another thing if you're a sanctimonious horse's ass.

Risk

nasox
05-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Schadenfreude at its finest, my dear Oblong.:gulp:

Risk

I love sour grapes, but only with a touch of sugar.

Domeshot17
05-11-2009, 03:22 AM
On top of it all, Schilling moderates all the comments that get left. That is why there are nothing but YOU ARE THE MAN WOOT comments. This is what I said, see if it gets posted.

What a bunch of BS. When it is players who don’t impact Curt, he is pointing fingers, demanding MVPS and CY YOUNGS be stripped, making a big deal. But when it happens to someone on his team, its all, look the other way.

Oh well, what can you expect. Schilling has always been this way. Its why very few around the game respect anything about him.

You want someone real to thank, Thank Frank Thomas. He was the only one with the guts to goto Congress and call his sport out. He demanded his team all decline to take tests not because of guilt, but because an entire team of “automatic fails” would surely mandate testing. His hall of fame career is one of very few never questioned. He was one of the top 3 hitters in the game during his prime, and maybe the best if you took away the Roids. Even with being screwed out of an MVP by Juice-Ambi, he is first ballot.

Curt, the truth lies within. You are wrong. As long as Baseball players are on posters on the wall, and kids are amazed at what these athletes do, they will always be a hero to someone. You had them growing up. I had them growing up. Every major league player had them growing up. This whole Charles Barkley I am no Role Model thing is a complete cop out. When you make the league minimuim, 300,000 or so a year, you are doing better then a lot of lawyers, financial advisors, doctors etc. With that money, athletes, any sport, should be above the Gangs, the Drugs, the Violence, the cheating, the lying.

You try to pawn this off by saying look at real heroes in US Soldiers. And I agree, they have more balls then anyone who suits up in the MLB. But they have there problems too. Should we not look up to soldiers because of the Alcoholism that may face when they return home? Or how about the inability to deal with post traumatic stress disorder? Or the ones who can never readjust to just having a normal life?

No profession is perfect. Everything comes with flaws. It takes courage to play the game right and by the rules. It takes the same courage for a Lawyer to follow his ethics, a Financial Advisor to not falsify investment forms, a Doctor to treat a patient properly. It takes the same ethics for a Cop to make an arrest by the book and a Pharmacist not to abuse the power they have. The difference is when any of these other professions go over the line, they lose licenses, get disbarred, get banned for life. When a Baseball players gets caught, he gets a slap on the wrist, he gets excuses made, he returns to work in less then 2 months, and he gets an article written by you about why he is not a role model.

oeo
05-11-2009, 09:54 AM
You try to pawn this off by saying look at real heroes in US Soldiers. And I agree, they have more balls then anyone who suits up in the MLB. But they have there problems too. Should we not look up to soldiers because of the Alcoholism that may face when they return home? Or how about the inability to deal with post traumatic stress disorder? Or the ones who can never readjust to just having a normal life?

I understand the point you're trying to make, but this is just not comparable in the least.

Domeshot17
05-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I understand the point you're trying to make, but this is just not comparable in the least.

yah was really late last night, could have said that differently. I think my point was you can't say there is a perfect hero. You can't say that 1 profession is flawed and kids cant look up to it, but the other is perfect and they can like he did. I mean, hell, I only used 3 examples from soldiers I personally know and have witnessed. I am sure plenty here can attest, what happens in times of war can damage a soldier for good.

AZChiSoxFan
05-11-2009, 10:56 AM

Most people don't like a self promoting tool, who thinks the whole world wants to know his opinion on everything.

CashMan
05-11-2009, 10:58 AM

How about his little bloody sock incident. That was not his blood.

Sox
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM

How do you know that? :scratch:

asindc
05-11-2009, 02:57 PM

It's not just on this board, in case you haven't noticed. He is almost universally reviled among baseball fans not in Boston or Arizona. It's one thing to offer an opinion, it's another when you go beyond what is appropriate as if you need to be heard on any given topic.

Example: He called out Bonds re alleged steroid use. That's fine. But then he went on to opine about how Bonds handles his family life. Not. Cool. At. All. Schilling was rightfully blasted for that. There are many other instances like that.

areilly
05-11-2009, 04:44 PM

My thoughts exactly. He had his chance to affect real change, but instead saves all his grand ideas for his blog and sports radio. Way to go, Curt.

RockyMtnSoxFan
05-12-2009, 11:52 AM
I generally think Schilling is a blow hard braggart. But I thought that his post was halfway decent. And I laughed out loud when he talked about steroid users having West African bullfrog semen in their blood.

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-12-2009, 02:43 PM

How do you know that? :scratch:

Karl Ravech accidentally dropped a ketchup packet into the sock before the game. Duh!