PDA

View Full Version : Does Hawk misuse the saying 'your what hurts?'

Redus Redux
05-08-2009, 01:02 PM
ive always thought you say it to someone who is complaining too much

yesterday it seemed like the context it was used in was really different. he used to say it to DJ a lot. Stone not so much yet.

Nellie_Fox
05-08-2009, 01:34 PM
ive always thought you say it to someone who is complaining too much

yesterday it seemed like the context it was used in was really different. he used to say it to DJ a lot. Stone not so much yet.No, my dad always used to say this, even back to when I was a little kid, and he always meant it to be roughly "that doesn't make any sense."

johnnyg83
05-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I thought it was when you used an uncommon or foreign word ... just a joke on the absurdity of the sound and assuming it meant something naughty.

JohnTucker0814
05-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I say it all the time to my wife, I don't think there is really a proper time to say it... I just say it when I don't really understand the question or don't want to answer a question! :redneck

ChiSoxGirl
05-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I say it all the time to my wife, I don't think there is really a proper time to say it... I just say it when I don't really understand the question or don't want to answer a question! :redneck

I use the phrase pretty regularly myself. :D:

Foulke You
05-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm just glad we're not dissecting this Hawk phrase:

:hawk
"I tell you what Stone Pony, my sphincter was so tight, you couldn't pull a greased tee out of my behind with a pair of pliers."

:tongue:

ChiSoxGirl
05-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm just glad we're not dissecting this Hawk phrase:

:hawk
"I tell you what Stone Pony, my sphincter was so tight, you couldn't pull a greased tee out of my behind with a pair of pliers."

:tongue:

:lol: Hawk said this, or a variation of this, during one of the first Spring Training game broadcasts in 2006 when he and DJ were discussing the playoffs and World Series, particularly the four complete games in the ALCS. Classic stuff right there!

Gavin
05-08-2009, 10:40 PM
:whocares

Seriously, are you just listening to games now? Cause watching them has been pretty ****ty...

fisk4ever
05-10-2009, 02:02 PM
I thought it was when you used an uncommon or foreign word ... just a joke on the absurdity of the sound and assuming it meant something naughty.

Yes. "My mimosa is thriving."--- "Your what hurts?"
"I'd like a piece of your finest gooseberry pie." ---Your what hurts?"
"When we lived in Tuscaloosa..." ---"Your what hurts?"
"Hawk overuses his phraseology." ---"My ears hurt."

Railsplitter
05-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Yes. "My mimosa is thriving."--- "Your what hurts?"
"I'd like a piece of your finest gooseberry pie." ---Your what hurts?"
"When we lived in Tuscaloosa..." ---"Your what hurts?"
"Hawk overuses his phraseology." ---"My ears hurt."
:rolling:

Very good!

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-12-2009, 01:25 PM
According to Urban Dictionary...http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=your%20what%20hurts%3F

Brian26
05-12-2009, 01:58 PM

:lol: Hawk said this, or a variation of this, during one of the first Spring Training game broadcasts in 2006 when he and DJ were discussing the playoffs and World Series, particularly the four complete games in the ALCS. Classic stuff right there!

I think the first time I ever heard Hawk use that phrase was in 2000 at the Trop when Bobby Howry was in the process of blowing a lead to the Rays. John Flaherty had something like a 15 or 20-pitch at-bat against Gas-Can before he took him deep for a walkoff homer. I'll have to look up the game on retrosheet.

tstrike2000
05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
I use the phrase pretty regularly myself. :D:

Constantly.

ChiSoxGirl
05-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Constantly.

Your what hurts?! :wink:

Boondock Saint
05-12-2009, 09:04 PM
According to Urban Dictionary...http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=your%20what%20hurts%3F

Urban Dictionary: The second-most used unreliable internet source for settling arguments. (wikipedia is #1)