PDA

View Full Version : Kenny sounds off on our pitchers and Manny

thedudeabides
05-08-2009, 10:38 AM
He's basically telling our pitchers to start protecting our hitters. We have been hit 14 times compared to 4 hit batsmen by our pitchers.

I'm glad he did this and they need to start doing a better job, as several of our hitters have had minor injuries already. It's a tough spot as Ozzie or our pitchers can't directly say anything without getting fined, or warned prior to the game. It really is getting harder for the players to police themselves in this matter, but it's time for one of our pitchers to step up. It should be Jose tonight as there's a good chance he would end up walking whomever he hits anyway.

Kenny also comments on Manny and pretty much calls him a fraud.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-08-white-sox-bits-chicago-may08,0,1792684.story

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-08-white-sox-brite-chicago-may08,0,4947601.story

oeo
05-08-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't see the point in hitting someone tonight. Unless we're hit first, let's not give them any extra baserunners.

Now, next time we play KC, something needs to be done. Greinke's bull**** is getting old.

DirtySox
05-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Read it yesterday, and I hope it yields results. I wouldn't be against throwing some chin music in this Rangers series right away after them hitting Fields and Dye in the previous series. Send a message.

doublem23
05-08-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't see the point in hitting someone tonight. Unless we're hit first, let's not give them any extra baserunners.

Now, next time we play KC, something needs to be done. Greinke's bull**** is getting old.

The Sox have a bit of a history with Vincente Padilla, too, who is starting Sunday for Texas.

esbrechtel
05-08-2009, 11:03 AM
if you are going to do it, do it with Jose. Since Kenny has all but asked for our pitchers to get tossed.

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2009, 11:24 AM
isn't it the manager's job to tell a pitcher to plunk someone?

why is Kenny mad at the pitchers?

ChiSoxFan81
05-08-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm guessing we won't be giving Sean Tracey a call?

oeo
05-08-2009, 11:31 AM

Actually, I'd say it's the players' jobs to know when you need to protect your teammates. No one should have to tell them, it should just be done. I think this is something that should have stayed within the Sox clubhouse.

asindc
05-08-2009, 11:34 AM

Why are you assuming Ozzie hasn't said something?

oeo
05-08-2009, 11:35 AM

He's just looking for reasons to whine about him, even if they are pulled from thin air.

It's especially funny since Ozzie has actually been suspended/fined before for making comments such as these.

CLR01
05-08-2009, 11:42 AM

So then his players don't listen to him?

spongyfungy
05-08-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm sure Ozzie doesn't want another Garland retaliation fiasco. A manager shouldn't have to tell the pitchers to hit the opposing team

thedudeabides
05-08-2009, 11:54 AM
He's just looking for reasons to whine about him, even if they are pulled from thin air.

It's especially funny since Ozzie has actually been suspended/fined before for making comments such as these.

This is what I was saying earlier. Ozzie can't publicly say anything. I don't know if Kenny will be fined, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I still think Ozzie's rant the other day was hinting at the this, as well. It was definitely targeted at Alexei, but I think Gavin was also a target. I'm still surprised Gavin or Bartolo didn't at least brush a couple hitters back against KC.

Even if the Sox don't proactively go after Texas, if they as much as brush a hitter back, someone on Texas needs to take one in the back. Nothing malicious, just send the message and move on.

Frater Perdurabo
05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
I think Contreras should plunk Ian Kinsler with his hardest fastball on the first pitch of the game tonight. Kinsler is a Sox killer, and I'd rather have him on first base with a big welt on his thigh, than circling the bases with yet another leadoff home run.

Hopefully that would lead the umpire immediately to warn both benches.

DSpivack
05-08-2009, 02:26 PM
The Sox have a bit of a history with Vincente Padilla, too, who is starting Sunday for Texas.

I think we should start the game off tonight plunking Padilla.

How, I don't know. Make it happen!

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2009, 03:21 PM

See, now you are talking out of your ass and taking unecessay jabs.

Kenny is upset, FACT.

He is upset because nothing has been done by our team between the lines. It is either the manager's fault or the player's fault. It has to be handled from within the clubhouse to avoid suspension. But the fact is that the JOB HASN'T BEEN DONE!

Why do I blame Ozzie and not the players? Becaue he is the leader of this team. It's his call. And also look no further than all the botched beanball/retaliations we have had in the past. Those are as bad as our run-down plays between 1st and 2nd.

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I think Contreras should plunk Ian Kinsler with his hardest fastball on the first pitch of the game tonight. Kinsler is a Sox killer, and I'd rather have him on first base with a big welt on his thigh, than circling the bases with yet another leadoff home run.

Hopefully that would lead the umpire immediately to warn both benches.

Contreras' wildness can be an excuse to appeal any sort of suspension (if any). So he is the perfect guy for the job. And if he gets tossed, so be it. He is the weakest link of our starters and perhaps the hardest thrower.

Somehow I wish Thornton can be the guy, talk about doing some damage.