PDA

View Full Version : First Manager Casualty: Bob Melvin

Sockinchisox
05-07-2009, 10:41 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/05/bob-melvin-to-be-fired.html

BleacherBandit
05-08-2009, 12:50 AM
His team has been mediocre for the last 3/4 of a break. I don't think that warrants canning the guy. Maybe his players should have tried not utterly choking the second half of the season last year.

oeo
05-08-2009, 12:54 AM
His team has been mediocre for the last 3/4 of a break. I don't think that warrants canning the guy. Maybe his players should have tried not utterly choking the second half of the season last year.

Isn't that usually how it works? Team plays like ****, manager gets the boot. Of course Ozzie got a contract extension during 2007. :tongue:

I bet Eric Wedge is next, and what's he supposed to do with that crap they call pitching in Cleveland?

BleacherBandit
05-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Isn't that usually how it works? Team plays like ****, manager gets the boot. Of course Ozzie got a contract extension during 2007. :tongue:

I bet Eric Wedge is next, and what's he supposed to do with that crap they call pitching in Cleveland?

Yeah but crappy playing is usually a little more prolonged than it has been in Arizona. Remember he was the Manager of the Year only two years ago. He shouldn't be used as the scapegoat, especially with those credentials.

palehozenychicty
05-08-2009, 01:21 AM
It really isn't Melvin's fault that Arizona's young talent has yet to achieve much after 2007. But them's the breaks.

Chicken Dinner
05-08-2009, 02:21 AM
I picked Wedge myself. Maybe he'll be the AL's first casualty.

Sam Spade
05-08-2009, 03:13 AM
It really isn't Melvin's fault that Arizona's young talent has yet to achieve much after 2007. But them's the breaks.
If you are going to give him praise when he succeeds in 2007, you should probably give him the opposite when he fails in the coming year +. So long, Melvin.

AZChiSoxFan
05-08-2009, 10:49 AM

I really believe that "all of their young talent" just isn't very talented. I don't think Josh Byrnes is a very good GM.