View Full Version : Thursdays Winning Pick to Click

Daver
05-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Did his job.

:burly

Hey guys, remember me?

balke
05-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Heck of a game by Buehrle. Still my favorite Sox player after all of these years. The haters can drink it in on nights like this. He's worth every penny of his contract so far.

doublem23
05-07-2009, 11:26 PM
TBGR... I'll Settle for the Shutout (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3768)

I'm not going to lie, after the 6th, I really thought he was going to make it.

oeo
05-07-2009, 11:59 PM
TBGR... I'll Settle for the Shutout (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3768)

I'm not going to lie, after the 6th, I really thought he was going to make it.

Same here. If he gets through Polanco, I think he does it. :(:

DumpJerry
05-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Here's the back-story on the game:
When Burls was announced during Thunderstuck, the Detroit tools behind me told each other "Buehrle sucks." I turned to the Sox fan next to me and said "they just bought themselves a no-hitter."

When AJ came up in the First, the know-it-all Detroit tool told his girlfriend "this will be a groundout to Second." When the ball landed in the BSB, I asked him about that groundout....

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2009, 12:03 AM

I thought the same thing, I thought Polanco was going to be the toughest out for him to get.

doublem23
05-08-2009, 12:06 AM

Honestly, the only guy I was worried about that last time through the order was Maggs, because it would just have to be him that would **** everything up, much like it was Sosa who drew the only walk during his no-hitter.

This is probably the most bittersweet shutout ever.

DumpJerry
05-08-2009, 12:09 AM
I was looking for a paper bag. We were two outs from Hyperventilation Time.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2009, 03:49 AM
I was looking for a paper bag. We were two outs from Hyperventilation Time.

I told my dad after the game "I don' think I've ever been that nervous going into the seventh inning of a game where we had a six run lead." We had great seats by the way, literally right behind the Tigers dugout and it was great to see every Tiger walking back to the bench with a "How the hell does he do that?" look on their face. And Curtis Granderson is a great guy.

ode to veeck
05-08-2009, 02:11 PM
now that's how a pitcher wins the PTC. I loved Burly-Mon's quote on what if he wouda pitched yesterday