PDA

View Full Version : Nice little story about Cubs call-up

doublem23
05-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Bobby Scales, who was called up to replace Zambrano, is making his MLB debut after 11 seasons in the minors.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4140809

Good for him.

Chicken Dinner
05-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Sounds like him and DeWayne have something in common.

Average Homeboy
05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I hope he has at least one good game. He's living the dream.

Foulke You
05-05-2009, 06:06 PM
I hope he has at least one good game. He's living the dream.
He did get his first base hit today. I'm sure that was a thrill for him as well as being on a Major League field. I always love stories like this because you know he really worked his ass off to get to the big leagues. The Sun Times did an article on him during Spring Training and it said he was a longshot to make the team but he had a chance of finally getting the call if someone got hurt. Glad to see he got his chance.

DrCrawdad
05-06-2009, 07:23 AM
That is a good story. I'm happy for Scales. Even if he ends his ML career now, he'll always have Cinco De Mayo, 2009. Very cool!

areilly
05-06-2009, 09:42 AM
He did get his first base hit today. I'm sure that was a thrill for him as well as being on a Major League field.

On last night's Baseball Tonight Cubs-Giants recap, they showed Scales' first hit. It bounced into the stands just past third base, and the fan in the front row, without hesitation, handed it off to the other Cubs players who'd emerged from the dugout to retrieve Scales' memento. I thought that was a nice moment.

The Critic
05-07-2009, 12:36 PM
On last night's Baseball Tonight Cubs-Giants recap, they showed Scales' first hit. It bounced into the stands just past third base, and the fan in the front row, without hesitation, handed it off to the other Cubs players who'd emerged from the dugout to retrieve Scales' memento. I thought that was a nice moment.

SEE?? All that practice Cubs fans get of "throwin' it back!!!!" finally paid off!