PDA

View Full Version : Poreda Pitches a No-Hitter*

Britt Burns
05-04-2009, 09:36 PM
B-Ham beat West Tennessee 3-0 and Poreda didn't allow a hit. It was a 5 inning no hitter due to rain, but still...5 innings, no hits, no runs, 5 walks, 8 ks.

With Contreras' problems KW must be tempted to call up Poreda, but I don't think its a good idea just yet...his control is not quite where it needs to be. Maybe by midseason he will have ironed out his few wrinkles and be able to come in and contribute to the Sox. Let's all hope so...

DirtySox
05-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Agreed. I'd like to see him in the 5 spot next year so let him keep getting reps in B-ham. I sincerely wish there was a way to see him in action. When his slider is on, he is a force. Let's hope that either the curve or the change (or both) catch up with the other 2 offerings.

Frater Perdurabo
05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
He might be a good option out of the pen this year in a long relief role.

Tragg
05-04-2009, 10:58 PM
From what I understand the entire thing with him is developing an above average 2nd pitch. How's that coming along?

DirtySox
05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
It's hard to tell how it's coming along as the games aren't televised. (Around here at least. No idea if there is a local broadcast.)

From what I've read his slider is a decent pitch but an inconsistent one. When it's on he's great. The changeup and curve are works in progress, as is his command on all of the secondary stuff.

DrCrawdad
05-04-2009, 11:30 PM
B-Ham beat West Tennessee 3-0 and Poreda didn't allow a hit. It was a 5 inning no hitter due to rain, but still...5 innings, no hits, no runs, 5 walks, 8 ks.

With Contreras' problems KW must be tempted to call up Poreda, but I don't think its a good idea just yet...his control is not quite where it needs to be. Maybe by midseason he will have ironed out his few wrinkles and be able to come in and contribute to the Sox. Let's all hope so...

Seems as though Poreda has great stuff, but with the walks he's not ready for MLB.

Soxfest
05-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Walks per 9 is not good!

oeo
05-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Seems as though Poreda has great stuff, but with the walks he's not ready for MLB.

He's working on his stuff, which would probably explain the spike in walks. I hope they can keep Aaron in AA all year.

Brian26
05-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Melido Perez would be proud.

soxfanreggie
05-25-2009, 03:31 AM
There is no way I want to see him in long relief. I want him to keep starting and keep developing as a starter. I don't want him in the Lance Broadway, Clayton Richard, Adam Russell, etc. circuit of who is going to be that last arm. I'm glad Richard is seeing time in the starting rotation. Unless Contreras can come back strong; I want to see Richard get a good number of starts so we can see what he has over a longer period of time.

If MB sticks around for a little while, we have a high potential rotation for the future with players like MB, Danks, Floyd, Richard, and Poreda. If we can acquire a top-of-the-line starter, you could then trade one of those guys to fill another hole.

4 points
05-25-2009, 05:10 AM

5 walks in 5 innings = disaster 90% of the time in MLB. He needs alot more fine tuning. IMHO.