munchman33
05-02-2009, 03:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4126928

guillensdisciple
05-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Awesome read, thanks Munch.

chisox77
05-02-2009, 03:54 PM
That's a great article. As far as I'm concerned, TCQ can be as intense as he wants.

34rancher
05-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Beat me to the post. Indeed a tremendous article. How did a pro-Sox article make it through the ESPN censors?

DonnieDarko
05-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Very nice article, very well written. I don't think that anyone thinks that Quentin is dumb or not intense, and, well, after reading that article that kinda cements it home. Very glad to have him on the team.

Soxaredabest
05-02-2009, 05:18 PM
That was a great article. It puts into words what alot of us already knew, but didn't know how to explain.

NDSox12
05-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Definitely a great article.

It was interesting that his Stanford pedigree was mentioned. The first time I saw Quentin play in person was at the College World Series in 2002. Three members of that Stanford team are now solid Major League players: Quentin, Ryan Garko and Jeremy Guthrie.

DonnieDarko
05-02-2009, 06:08 PM
From another board: "How was that a great article? It's the same generic crap they spew for every breakout player."

Heh. Made me chuckle.

thomas35forever
05-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Great article about Carlos. It also proves that he constantly practices his swing.

Everywhere.

BoysMom3
05-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Everywhere. :macho:

voodoochile
05-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Love it.

I know it's early - real early in his career, but the minute I saw this kid hit, he reminded me of Frank or Maggs. Head down, not trying to do too much with the baseball, just hitting it where it's pitched and hitting it hard. Hope he stays with the team for a LONG time.

hawkjt
05-02-2009, 07:14 PM
From the first interview I ever saw him give, you could tell he dances to a different drummer. Fiercely intelligent,which as they indicate, is not always embraced in MLB. No cliches from Carlos, thoughtful,complex answers are more the norm. I will never forget the story his mom told of her going to his car in the spring of his senior year and seeing that trophy for being named the Player of the Year in San Diego Region for football and asking what it was...Carlos had never mentioned it to his parents..this is a unique,humble guy. And the story of him getting his bonus and going to his sister and paying off her mortgage but him telling her she had to save her money. I love the guy.

mccoydp
05-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Carlos is fast becoming one of my favorite Sox players. I sincerely hope that he stays injury free and continues to put up big numbers.

EuroSox35
05-03-2009, 01:50 AM
I know it's not what's meant (since it's just trying to play on the intensity), but the only thing I don't like about the article is that it makes it seem like Carlos is this cold ******* to the fans, when I don't get that at all from him...He's intense, but I kind of just get the 'quiet kid' vibe

I think they're using that article to promote the Sunday night game. Kind of weird to showcase White Sox-Rangers, no? Especially when they had Boston/Rays, Mets/Phillies, Yankees/Angels, I really thought they'd go with something else

StepsInSC
05-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Definitely made me think of Frank.

chisoxfanatic
05-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Great article about Carlos. It also proves that he constantly practices his swing.

Everywhere.
That's what adds to the hilarity of his commercial this year. I sometimes get a picture of him unconsciously getting out of bed at night and practicing his swing...LOL!

Great article!