PDA

View Full Version : White Flag Sale

gr8mexico
05-01-2009, 04:16 PM
If the Sox are not in 1st place by the All-Star break should they consider another White Flag Sale?
Bartolo Colon, Octavio Dotel and Jermaine Dye could help out many teams
in the playoff race and should bring back good prospects back.
I'm not giving up on the season just yet but the Sox have many players hitting Free Agency next year and it might just be better for them to get something for them. Then taking a risk by offering arbitration.

Madvora
05-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Absolutely. If we are one game or more behind at the all-star break, everyone goes!

Steelrod
05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Why wait !

PatK
05-01-2009, 04:21 PM
If the Sox are not in 1st place by the All-Star break should they consider another White Flag Sale?
I'm not giving up on the season just yet but the Sox have many players hitting Free Agency next year and it might just be better for them to get something for them. Then taking a risk by offering arbitration.

The Sox weren't in first at the All-Star Break in 2006. Should they have had a fire sale then?

PalehosePlanet
05-01-2009, 04:27 PM

If by "not in 1st" you mean 7 or 8 games under .500 and 7 or 8 games out and it looks obvious that this isn't happenning, then maybe. However, if we're above .500 and within 6 games, I wouldn't trade anyone.

I personally think we'll be in the race the whole way.

ChiSoxFan81
05-01-2009, 04:32 PM
If we're anywhere close, which we should be since we have a fairly solid squad, and the division shouldn't provide any stellar teams, no way. I just can't see us being far enough out of contention to even think about this. The window for our veteran guys is slamming shut soon, so we need to ride it out with them.

pythons007
05-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Wait what!?! We're already at one of these threads one month deep into the season!?!:scratch: Seriously!?!?

twsoxfan5
05-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Wait what!?! We're already at one of these threads one month deep into the season!?!:scratch: Seriously!?!?

I am pretty sure they are being so sarcastic that there is no need for teal.

guillensdisciple
05-01-2009, 05:33 PM
I would trade Paul Konerko, Jermaine Dye, and Jim Thome for someone to play center field.

This team sucks soooooooooo much.

gr8mexico
05-01-2009, 05:48 PM
The Sox weren't in first at the All-Star Break in 2006. Should they have had a fire sale then?
The points is that the Sox have many players that could become
Free Agents next year that they could get something good for them.
Many teams are looking for pitching and with the way Bartolo Colon and Octavio Dotel have been playing they should get something good back.

Players that could become Free Agents next year are
Jim Thome (13M)
Jermaine Dye (11.5M) 2010 Option
Jose Contreras (10M)
Octavio Dotel (6M)
Bartolo Colon (1M)

UofCSoxFan
05-01-2009, 06:29 PM
This thread is stupid...I'm sorry but it is.

Playoff contending teams have players that will help other teams and sometimes those players will be free agents the next year.

No kidding.

Seriously, the A's trade guys every year that are about to be free agents and it keeps them competitive but they haven't won anything. Sometimes you have to go for it.

It's not like the Sox minor league system is barren like it was during the last White Flag Sale.

Rocky Soprano
05-01-2009, 06:37 PM
I am pretty sure they are being so sarcastic that there is no need for teal.

You are wrong, the poster was being serious.

This thread sucks.

gaelhound
05-03-2009, 12:10 AM
When I saw the thread header, I thought it would be long range speculation on who the Sox might accquire as we closee the fist half! It looks like September last seasson when evvery pitch of every inning of every team in the central means a little something, only it is May!

RadioheadRocks
05-03-2009, 01:13 AM
http://picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/disappointing-thread.jpg

Noneck
05-03-2009, 01:35 AM
That will depend on advanced ticket sales.

parlaycard
05-03-2009, 11:37 AM
At the present time, Bartolo Colon has absolutely ZERO trade value.

veeter
05-03-2009, 12:39 PM
You are wrong, the poster was being serious.

This thread sucks.Sucks big time.