PDA

View Full Version : Repeat of 2003 NLCS Game 6?

Viva Medias B's
04-30-2009, 10:16 PM
It appears that the 10th inning of tonight's Marlins-Cubs game has become somewhat of a repeat of the 8th inning of Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS. The Fighting Fish put up a crooked number to take an 8-2 lead.

Marqhead
04-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Comparing a game by a 10-10 team on April 30th vs. what may go down as the most important game in that franchise's history? I think not.

I'm happy the Cubs lost however.

DrCrawdad
04-30-2009, 10:36 PM
It appears that the 10th inning of tonight's Marlins-Cubs game has become somewhat of a repeat of the 8th inning of Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS. The Fighting Fish put up a crooked number to take an 8-2 lead.

What the Cubbies have holes? That's not possible! They're the best team in baseball, even better than the 2004 Cubbies who had what was called, "The Best Rotation In The History of Baseball."

I was attacked here at White Sox Interactive by a couple people for having the temerity to post about holes and potential holes in the '09 Cubbies (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2186369&postcount=7).

WhiteSox1989
05-01-2009, 12:00 AM
What the Cubbies have holes? That's not possible! They're the best team in baseball, even better than the 2004 Cubbies who had what was called, "The Best Rotation In The History of Baseball."

I was attacked here at White Sox Interactive by a couple people for having the temerity to post about holes and potential holes in the '09 Cubbies (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2186369&postcount=7).

I agree with you.

sunofgold
05-01-2009, 01:17 AM
I have to agree. Horrible bullpen. They let a decent reliever in Vizcanio go. Traded away two of their best players from 2008 in Woods and DeRosa.

Now Lee and Ramirez are battling injuries. Dempster is coming back to Earth. Marmol is getting lit up. Bradley is either a walking fuse about ready to explode or a play away from being injured. Theriot sucks at defense. Soto is way out of synch. And so on.

This team looks like they are trouble. Even in a fairly weak division.

kittle42
05-01-2009, 01:34 AM

You should be attacked for being Cubsessed, which you are.

DrCrawdad
05-01-2009, 05:50 AM
You should be attacked for being Cubsessed, which you are.

And yet here you are. Welcome aboard!

SOXPHILE
05-01-2009, 09:34 AM
I have to agree. Horrible bullpen. They let a decent reliever in Vizcanio go. Traded away two of their best players from 2008 in Woods and DeRosa.
This team looks like they are trouble. Even in a fairly weak division.

Who's "Woods" ?

Didn't see the game, only the highlights as I was watching the Bulls and Blackhawks games. I am glad they lost and have dropped below .500, but it is still way to early. It is interesting to see the holes in places like the bullpen, and the fact that the starting pitching is pretty mediocre, and not the unstoppable force many in the media were once again flapping their gums over. How many times since 2003 have we heard that ? From what I recall, all Cub disdain aside, the general consesus here was that:

-The Cubs SHOULD win that division, but

-Dempster had a career year last year, going to be hard to repeat that.

-Harden is an injury waiting to happen, and usually doesn't last past the 5th

-Zambrano still can't control his emotions, and really wasn't that good towards the end of last season, the no-hitter aside.

-Lilly is an o.k., average pitcher

-The 5th spot ? Shawn Marshall ? He can be good, but I wouldn't always rely on that.

ChiSoxFan81
05-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Who's &quot;Woods&quot; ? </p></p> He shops at the Jewels and watches the Bears at Soldiers Field.You should be attacked for being Cubsessed, which you are.</p>
Why should he be attacked? Again, why does someone else's team preferences affect you? We live in a city with 2 baseball teams. Some people like both, some root for one and ignore the other, and some like one and hate the other. Big deal. At least if you can be objective and not let your dislike of the other team blind you to reality, what's the big deal? When you have to hear Scrubs fans at work constantly, and talk radio, and the papers slobbering all over the north side club, shouldn't you be able to combat the stupidity? I guarantee you that Crawdad and I know more about the Scrubs than half their fans. Would it matter if he hated the Yankees and posted about them here?

FielderJones
05-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Would it matter if he hated the Yankees and posted about them here?

Yes, because that discussion should be taking place in Talking Baseball. :redneck

I don't get the idea of Flubsession in What's The Score. I thought the point of creating multiple boards was to categorize discussions by topic, so people who are uninterested in some topics can easily avoid them.

Marqhead
05-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Yes, because that discussion should be taking place in Talking Baseball. :redneck

I don't get the idea of Flubsession in What's The Score. I thought the point of creating multiple boards was to categorize discussions by topic, so people who are uninterested in some topics can easily avoid them.

Yeah, but a lot of people find the flubsession on this and other boards to be embarassing. So while they should just stay out of WTS all together, they always get drawn back in to make fun of the flubsessed.

DrCrawdad
05-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah, but a lot of people find the flubsession on this and other boards to be embarassing. So while they should just stay out of WTS all together, they always get drawn back in to make fun of the flubsessed.

As the previous posted indicated, I don't understand the distain for those who are fans of the Sox and follow (ie, pay attention to) the Cubbies. If I were in NYC, I'd be a fan of the Sox but follow the Yankees and no doubt the Mets as well. And of course, in following this other team(s) I'd have opinions on them.

For all the talk of "Flubsession" what I really don't get is the posters who's obsession it is to patrol WSI (and specifically WTS) for posts about the Cubbies. Then they launch into perpetual putdowns of those they deem "flubsessed" and perpetually defending the Cubbies.

Honestly, I think those who patrol WTS for Cubbie posts and show themselves to be Guardians Of All Things Cubbie are ones who have the strange disorder. If you don't like the Cubbie posts here at WTS then why do they spend so much time in them?

twsoxfan5
05-01-2009, 02:34 PM
As the previous posted indicated, I don't understand the distain for those who are fans of the Sox and follow (ie, pay attention to) the Cubbies. If I were in NYC, I'd be a fan of the Sox but follow the Yankees and no doubt the Mets as well. And of course, in following this other team(s) I'd have opinions on them.

For all the talk of "Flubsession" what I really don't get is the posters who's obsession it is to patrol WSI (and specifically WTS) for posts about the Cubbies. Then they launch into perpetual putdowns of those they deem "flubsessed" and perpetually defending the Cubbies.

Honestly, I think those who patrol WTS for Cubbie posts and show themselves to be Guardians Of All Things Cubbie are ones who have the strange disorder. If you don't like the Cubbie posts here at WTS then why do they spend so much time in them?

I agree with you 100% Dr. Crawdad. You are posting about something that happened to the Cubs in the correct forum and in the right way. I see nothing wrong with that. There are some Sox fans that act like they are above rooting against the Cubs but they are just lying to themselves. I personally generally ignore the Cubs but I find some of their more epic failures very entertaining.

doublem23
05-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Speaking of the Lovable Losers, dominant starter Rich Harden just threw, from what I can tell, 10 straight balls to load the bases and walk in a run.

Very nice. :thumbsup:

Edit: Now he just plunked Jorge Cantu. 5-1 FLA

spawn
05-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Speaking of the Lovable Losers, dominant starter Rich Harden just threw, from what I can tell, 10 straight balls to load the bases and walk in a run.

Very nice. :thumbsup:

Edit: Now he just plunked Jorge Cantu. 5-1 FLA
I was just looking at that. Incredible. THe guy has amazing stuff, but just can't seem to stay healthy or get it together. So, have the Cubs fans started booing him yet?

Marqhead
05-01-2009, 02:42 PM

Realize this: 1) This is a message board. 2) This is a White Sox message board. It doesn't matter what, or where you post, you are probably going to get crap for it. If you post about the Cubs, guess what? You'll probably get 20x the usual amount of crap for it.

Doesn't matter if it's right or wrong, it's going to continue to happen.

PatK
05-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Realize this: 1) This is a message board. 2) This is a White Sox message board. It doesn't matter what, or where you post, you are probably going to get crap for it. If you post about the Cubs, guess what? You'll probably get 20x the usual amount of crap for it.

Doesn't matter if it's right or wrong, it's going to continue to happen.

WTS is for "Pale Hose conspiracies, runaway rumors and lots of Lovable Loser laments. Check your brain at the door, and "Hey dude, what's the score?"

And how come if you're supposedly going to get "20X the usual amount of crap for it", its only the same half dozen or so people going around WTS being the Flubsessed Police?

ChiSoxFan81
05-01-2009, 03:37 PM
OMG, the Scrubs just took the lead. This is the year for sure! EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!

Marqhead
05-01-2009, 04:16 PM
WTS is for "Pale Hose conspiracies, runaway rumors and lots of Lovable Loser laments. Check your brain at the door, and "Hey dude, what's the score?"

And how come if you're supposedly going to get "20X the usual amount of crap for it", its only the same half dozen or so people going around WTS being the Flubsessed Police?

Because just as there are people who enjoy posting about the ludicrousity that is the Cubs organization and their following, there are people who enjoy busting their balls about it.

I'm not sure if ludicrousity is a word, but I'm sticking with it. :cool:

Railsplitter
05-01-2009, 04:34 PM

That's more or less the reaction I had when I first saw the result.

DrCrawdad
05-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Because just as there are people who enjoy posting about the ludicrousity that is the Cubs organization and their following, there are people who enjoy busting their balls about it.

I'm not sure if ludicrousity is a word, but I'm sticking with it. :cool:

Well one Cubsessed Policeman regularly busts my chops (usually without anything substantive about the point in discussion either) about my frequency of posts about the Cubbies. This same person has over 100 posts here about the Cubbies. I mock the Cubbies here. He defends the Cubbies here. Go figure.

RadioheadRocks
05-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Speaking for myself, "cubsession" is no skin off my nose, and I don't feel any embarrassment from it.

There's a lot to be said for water rolling off a duck's back.

johnr1note
05-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Well one Cubsessed Policeman regularly busts my chops (usually without anything substantive about the point in discussion either) about my frequency of posts about the Cubbies. This same person has over 100 posts here about the Cubbies. I mock the Cubbies here. He defends the Cubbies here. Go figure.

Come on. Any team that allows its fans to refer to it with a "term of endearment" like "Cubbies" deserves all the crap it gets. "Cubbies?" What other team has that?

RadioheadRocks
05-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Come on. Any team that allows its fans to refer to it with a "term of endearment" like "Cubbies" deserves all the crap it gets. "Cubbies?" What other team has that?

Amen!

DrCrawdad
05-02-2009, 05:52 PM

"Cubbies" to me is no term of endearment, it's a term of embarassment.