PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia entry on Mark Grace, MERCY!

DrCrawdad
04-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Another reason to take Wikipedia "with a grain of salt:" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Grace)

“On September 26, 2003, Grace announced his retirement from baseball. He continues his involvement in the game as a television color commentator for the Diamondbacks and for FOX Saturday Baseball. Grace's trademark unusual style and off-the-wall terms (such as "slumpbuster" and "never-say-die-mondbacks" as well as “GAS!” whenever a pitcher strikes out a hitter with a fastball) bring a unique quality to the Diamondbacks' broadcast team. Grace has stated a desire to coach a major league team in the future. He was considered for the Diamondbacks' managerial position following the 2004 season, but the Diamondbacks hired Bob Melvin instead.”

How is Grace stealing Hawk's expression, "GAS!" unique?

Daver
04-29-2009, 09:08 PM
:whocares

october23sp
04-29-2009, 09:18 PM
:whocares

+1

Craig Grebeck
04-29-2009, 09:23 PM
You are nothing if not consistent, Crawdad.

kittle42
04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Aren't there enough Sox injuries right now to pull you away from searching for anything mildly Cub-related?

DSpivack
04-29-2009, 09:57 PM
No baseball broadcast takes themselves less seriously than the Diamondbacks. It's like watching a bunch guys sit around while watching a game, not professionals trying to call a game. Sometimes it's entertaining, sometimes it's completely obnoxious.

DrCrawdad
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
You are nothing if not consistent, Crawdad.

Likewise, Mr. Cub.

Craig Grebeck
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Likewise, Mr. Cub.
You seem to make an awful lot of posts about that franchise, but whatever.

DrCrawdad
04-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Aren't there enough Sox injuries right now to pull you away from searching for anything mildly Cub-related?

Actually it wasn't a Cub-related search at all. At work somehow we got into a discussion about the origin of the word, "slumpbuster" and the 2nd Google was a link to the Mark Grace Wiki.
(http://www.google.com/search?q=slumpbuster&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

DrCrawdad
04-29-2009, 10:49 PM
You seem to make an awful lot of posts about that franchise, but whatever.

You and I have gone down this road before. I mock the Cubbies. You defend them. And you do that an awful lot here.

If I have "Cubsession" then what would you call your many posts here at White Sox Interactive about the Cubbies?

Craig Grebeck
04-30-2009, 12:15 AM
You and I have gone down this road before. I mock the Cubbies. You defend them. And you do that an awful lot here.

If I have "Cubsession" then what would you call your many posts here at White Sox Interactive about the Cubbies?
If you had an irrational disdain for the Blue Jays, I'd make similarly objective posts calling you out for your inane obsession.