PDA

View Full Version : Behind The Scenes Video about Sox Scoreboard

VeeckAsInWreck
04-29-2009, 09:12 PM
For those who wondered who does what behind the scenes. Check this out, there's a lot of work that goes behind the scoreboard.

KNUAUI2D76k&feature

Frater Perdurabo
04-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Great video! Thank you for posting it!

WhiteSoxJunkie
04-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Of the 30 Major League teams in North America, 29 have scoreboards.

Gee I wonder which piece of **** stadium doesn't have a scoreboard. :D:

Thome25
04-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Awesome video!! Thanks for sharing!!:D:

Sox
04-30-2009, 04:26 AM
For those who wondered who does what behind the scenes. Check this out, there's a lot of work that goes behind the scoreboard.

KNUAUI2D76k&feature

That was awesome. Thanks for posting that.:thumbsup::gosox:

Hitmen77
04-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Cool video! Where was this originally aired? At the end, they said they'd come back "later in the show" to show more behind the scenes stuff at the Cell. I wonder if that part is on You Tube too.

EDIT: Here is part 2:

a2FWwjLHUJU

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2FWwjLHUJU)

Boozer
04-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Sweet vids, thanks for posting them both.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Cool video! Where was this originally aired? At the end, they said they'd come back "later in the show" to show more behind the scenes stuff at the Cell.

Honestly I don't know where this aired but I came across it on youtube yesterday. I was looking to see if they had a video on Gene Honda and this came up. Needless to say I enjoyed it and thought people here would like it too.

I totally forgot to post part 2 but I figured people would find it on their own or see it at the end when they show the related videos. Either way thanks for having my back on that one Hitmen. :thumbsup:

ramblinsoxfan11
04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Awesome vids! Proof that exploding score boards and electronic videos beat ivy any day of the week :D:

tick53
04-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I gotta check these out on another computer or better yet, upgrade mine. I want to see these but my PC isn't too cooperative.

GoSox2K3
04-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Of the 30 Major League teams in North America, 29 have scoreboards.

Gee I wonder which piece of **** stadium doesn't have a scoreboard. :D:

LOL. I wonder if it's the same POS stadium that smells like a urinal?

That was a great video. Interesting to see how much work goes into all the scoreboard stuff at the Cell.

My problem isn't with the quality of work the people in the video do - it looks like they do a great job. What I don't like is that the main CF scoreboard is mostly for birthday/anniversary messages (or trivial information about the current batter) and says little about the current game. Speaking of 29 out of 30, I wonder if the Sox are the only team in the majors that do not show the score on their main scoreboard.

The ribbon boards look cool. But it has zero game information. It's just ads and graphics that say things like "Make Some Noise".

ChiSoxFan81
04-30-2009, 03:56 PM
LOL. I wonder if it's the same POS stadium that smells like a urinal?

That was a great video. Interesting to see how much work goes into all the scoreboard stuff at the Cell.

My problem isn't with the quality of work the people in the video do - it looks like they do a great job. What I don't like is that the main CF scoreboard is mostly for birthday/anniversary messages (or trivial information about the current batter) and says little about the current game. Speaking of 29 out of 30, I wonder if the Sox are the only team in the majors that do not show the score on their main scoreboard.

The ribbon boards look cool. But it has zero game information. It's just ads and graphics that say things like "Make Some Noise".

The original CF scoreboard did have the score, because the video screen only took up 1/2 the space. The LCD boards on the club levels were probably intended mostly for advertisting anyways, hence why there isn't much info-wise on them.

Hitmen77
04-30-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm disappointed to hear that the Sox hall of fame has been moved to the Scout Seats areas. They moved it out of the lower deck a couple of years ago to make room for expanding the main gift shop. I was hoping that they would eventually relocate it (to somewhere that is accessible to most fans).

I'm not against the Scout Seat people having great perks. They sound like cool seats and I'm glad it's an added revenue generator for the Sox. However, it's too bad that 98% of the fans who go to the Cell now have no access to the Sox memorabilia on display in the Sox "Hall of Fame".

Hangar18
04-30-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm going to have to resurrect my World Series video. Basically a behind-the-scenes look at SOX fans celebrating right after we won it all back in 2005 :wink:

Hitmen77
04-30-2009, 05:32 PM
:thud:

There really is a "Hangar18"? I thought he was just a fable around these parts. :redneck

Alexei4president
04-30-2009, 06:50 PM
great video!!!!! i agree i really wish the hall of fame area was still at the main gift shop...personally i think that shop where you can customize your own t shirts and stuff is sorta cheesy

longshot7
04-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Great video - thx!

sox647
05-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Best jobs in the world

Lorenzo Barcelo
05-01-2009, 11:05 PM
So who's going to email Rocco to get rid of the "Get Loud/Make Some Noise" graphic? I hate those because the crowd knows when we need to get loud. No need for the fake white noise.

Cat Thief
05-02-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm going to have to resurrect my World Series video. Basically a behind-the-scenes look at SOX fans celebrating right after we won it all back in 2005 :wink:

Last time I aked you about it at Jimbo's you said the tape broke.

:cool:

Frankfan4life
05-02-2009, 08:04 AM
I gotta check these out on another computer or better yet, upgrade mine. I want to see these but my PC isn't too cooperative.I don't think it's your computer. Having a similar problem. At first I wasn't getting any sound then I realized the sound level was all the way down. But then the video was hurky-jerky throughout. Great backstage info though.

Edit: The Part II video, no problem.

grenda12
05-02-2009, 11:44 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111254

chisox77
05-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks for posting the video. It should make every White Sox fan feel proud of our team, our park, and our organization - a unique and time proven Chicago baseball tradition on the south side!