PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Win a series at home - I'm happy

jabrch
04-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Discuss

DaveFeelsRight
04-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Hopefully now that we are heading to Texas, we can feast off their bad pitching and take 2/3

Boondock Saint
04-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Hell of a series going up against 2 of the better pitchers in the AL. I'll take that every day.

Rohan
04-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Bobby's looking better, alexei's looking better, AJ's looking better, quentin's looking better..
Negatives: We'll have to see what happens with Brian's oblique strain. And thome may be heading to the DL.
Maybe a day off will do em' some good.

Marqhead
04-29-2009, 04:20 PM
I'll take 2 of 3 against a first place team any week.

It wasn't the prettiest two of three, but it gets us back above .500.

october23sp
04-29-2009, 04:20 PM
TCQ? Yes.

guillensdisciple
04-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Crap is A.J going to get pick to click?

:D:

Just kidding, happy to see a White Sox winner.

Though I would like to see Carlos Quentin get the pick to click.

doublem23
04-29-2009, 04:35 PM
I am glad we are heading to Texas before the summer heat turns that place into an outdoor pinball machine.

KenBerryGrab
04-29-2009, 04:38 PM
It was great to see the Sox fight back off the deck when they were behind.

LITTLE NELL
04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Nice come from behind victory, now its time to go on a roll.

DeuceUnit
04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll take a series win any day. Hope Floyd gets his **** together. He was lucky to get through the game giving up only 3 runs. Great to see TCQ and TCM start heating up! :bandance:

BleacherBandit
04-29-2009, 04:48 PM
BA, Thome, and Getz are all hurting. This isn't the greatest, but at least they didn't lose all three games in doing so...

I agree, we don't play well in Arlington, so let's get two or three wins and get the hell outta there! That grass is more like hardwood...

SoxGirl4Life
04-29-2009, 04:49 PM
I missed the game. What happened to Brian?

KenBerryGrab
04-29-2009, 04:52 PM
I missed the game. What happened to Brian?

Strain in the side, left the game.

Jimmy Piersall
04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Speaking of AJ,does anybody else think Oz should put
him back in the 2 spot and move Fields down ? not that
AJ is a classic #2 but he will generally make more contact
than Fields...yeah,i know he swings way to much at first
pitches and Fields runs better but...

thomas35forever
04-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Very satisfying win. If we can just get hot, I would be extremely happy. The way this division is playing however, it may not be necessary.

ohthosechisox
04-29-2009, 05:06 PM
My first victory of the '09 season! :D:

Nice to see the Sox come from behind. Very efficient save by Bobby Jenks too. I'm also very glad the Sox are getting their road trip to Arlington done early in the season. I hate that place in mid-July.

LoveYourSuit
04-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Not pretty but we take it.

The trio of Dotel, Thornton, Jenks is as good as any out there.

JB98
04-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Injuries are starting to pile up. The Sox just need to hold their ground in the standings until they can get healthy.

Good series win. It will make for a more pleasant off day.

kevingrt
04-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Injuries are starting to pile up. The Sox just need to hold their ground in the standings until they can get healthy.

Good series win. It will make for a more pleasant off day.

Yeah with Thome and BA not being healthly recently it is getting a bit scary. Nice series win though. And at least our pitching staff is holding up for the time being.

JB98
04-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Yeah with Thome and BA not being healthly recently it is getting a bit scary. Nice series win though. And at least our pitching staff is holding up for the time being.

I think Getz's absence is hurting us, maybe moreso than Thome's. Hopefully, BA won't have to miss significant time. As an organization, the Sox are thin in the outfield.

ramblinsoxfan11
04-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Great win today, definitely worth going to instead of studying for my finals. I had seats 3 rows from the visitors dugout so it was a great way to watch the game. As always the churros were delicious

Did anyone see when Hawk caught the foul ball? That was hilarious the entire stadium stood and applauded haha

Foulke You
04-29-2009, 05:40 PM
I think Getz's absence is hurting us, maybe moreso than Thome's. Hopefully, BA won't have to miss significant time. As an organization, the Sox are thin in the outfield.
Both hitters being out hurts us considerably. It makes our lineup a lot more right handed heavy when they are both out. Not to mention that Thome is a huge stick in that lineup and changes the way people pitch to the rest of our hitters. However, you are right about one thing though, Getz was really swinging a good bat before the injury and has been a big loss. We'll need to tread water until the team gets healthy. If BA is out too, this is the most injuries we've had to deal with since 2007. However, thankfully, we have a lot more organizational depth than we had back then.

Tragg
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Nice win.
Floyd minimized the damage; good relief pitching.
Now we get 48 hours off before our next game.

WhiteSox1989
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Fun game to be at! It was kind of gloomy outside, but it wasn't too cold.

There was also a guy in a chicken costume which was entertaining.

voodoochile
04-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Speaking of AJ,does anybody else think Oz should put
him back in the 2 spot and move Fields down ? not that
AJ is a classic #2 but he will generally make more contact
than Fields...yeah,i know he swings way to much at first
pitches and Fields runs better but...

Fields has been walking a lot more than AJ does. Even today he reached base twice. So far this year he's reaching base at a .360 clip. AJ is at .288.

chisoxfanatic
04-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Strain in the side, left the game.
From where I was sitting, I thought he was hit by a pitch...Ok, this clears it up though.

AJ and TCQ both had great offensive production, and it was nice to see AJ gun out a runner who was trying to steal 2nd (though the guy looked safe to me).

Chez
04-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Both hitters being out hurts us considerably. It makes our lineup a lot more right handed heavy when they are both out. Not to mention that Thome is a huge stick in that lineup and changes the way people pitch to the rest of our hitters. However, you are right about one thing though, Getz was really swinging a good bat before the injury and has been a big loss. We'll need to tread water until the team gets healthy. If BA is out too, this is the most injuries we've had to deal with since 2007. However, thankfully, we have a lot more organizational depth than we had back then.

Not having Crede or TCQ or Linebrink or Contreras last September was worse.

Marqhead
04-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Not pretty but we take it.

The trio of Dotel, Thornton, Jenks is as good as any out there.

When these guys are on, they might be the best 7th, 8th and 9th in the MLB.

Might sound strange because he's a reliver, but I can't think of too many other pitchers who I enjoy watching more than Matt Thornton.

voodoochile
04-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Nice win.
Floyd minimized the damage; good relief pitching.
Now we get 48 hours off before our next game.

Quentin did an excellent job of getting to a few singles fast to prevent runners from scoring from second. I am as impressed by the improvement he has made as a defender this year as anything. His stick is a given (at least it appears so) if he can continue to play defense like he has been, he's jumps up a notch from great hitter to elite player and there's nothing wrong with that.

:soxwin:

:)

JB98
04-29-2009, 05:49 PM

Oh, definitely. I'm a big Thome fan and losing him hurts. But we have other guys who can provide power in the middle of the lineup. Right now, I think losing Getz is hurting a little more because there really isn't anyone else on this roster who can bat leadoff.

Tragg
04-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Quentin did an excellent job of getting to a few singles fast to prevent runners from scoring from second. I am as impressed by the improvement he has made as a defender this year as anything. His stick is a given (at least it appears so) if he can continue to play defense like he has been, he's jumps up a notch from great hitter to elite player and there's nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for the info. That's what one misses just reading box scores or following the game on gamecast or something. I agree with you about Carlos.
I think I'm going to try out MLB TV this summer when I have more time to watch games.

voodoochile
04-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the info. That's what one misses just reading box scores or following the game on gamecast or something. I agree with you about Carlos.
I think I'm going to try out MLB TV this summer when I have more time to watch games.

Today was on WGN, so I'm not sure it would have been on MLB.TV anyway. Don't know if WGN gets precedence and causes a national blackout or not.

KyWhiSoxFan
04-29-2009, 05:57 PM

That's the only way I can see games, being in Kentucky. I've had mlb.com for a little over four years now and it is getting better every year. The HD broadcasts that they have available now are remarkable for their clarity. If you have a good broadband connection, I would highly recommend mlb.com. (I have a 10mps cable connection.) It doesn't cost much, about $100 for the whole year, and you get all the games but those blacked out on Saturdays for the national broadcast.

SoxBears34
04-29-2009, 06:13 PM
From where I was sitting, I thought he was hit by a pitch...Ok, this clears it up though.

AJ and TCQ both had great offensive production, and it was nice to see AJ gun out a runner who was trying to steal 2nd (though the guy looked safe to me).

Hey, he threw out someone!!! I guess I missed my chance to see that this season.:?:

NDSox12
04-29-2009, 06:14 PM
One thing I've been very happy about this season is how the team has responded with wins following their ugly losses, rather than allowing themselves to fall into a long losing streak. Now if only they could keep those ugly losses to a minimum...

SoxBears34
04-29-2009, 06:17 PM
One thing I've been very happy about this season is how the team has responded with wins following their ugly losses, rather than allowing themselves to fall into a long losing streak. Now if only they could keep those ugly losses to a minimum...

Difinitely agree with that. I would like to see them keep some of those blowouts a little closer so that there is actually a chance of pulling a few out in the late innings. It has definitely been a trend that when the wheels fall off for them this season, they Fall WAY OFF!

White City
04-29-2009, 06:58 PM
For the record, MLB.TV shows WGN games. However, MLB.TV has sucked the last couple of days (NexDef not working, so no HD). Didn't get to see if they fixed it today.

Frater Perdurabo
04-29-2009, 07:07 PM
I had not realized the Sox were scheduled to play a day game today.

So imagine my serendipitous surprise when I turned on my XM radio a few moments ago and the ticker read: SEA 3 CWS 6 FNL.
:bandance:

Always a good thing to win a series, especially when you've been outscored.

I hope to see the Sox in person in Arlington Friday or Sunday night. I have babysitting duties as my wife and her sister attend a concert Saturday night. Bedtime in 7 p.m., so at least I'll get to see the game on local TV.

soxfan21
04-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Fun game to be at! It was kind of gloomy outside, but it wasn't too cold.

There was also a guy in a chicken costume which was entertaining.

That guy was sitting 2 rows in front of me and to the right, kind of a crazy dude. Great win today though nice to see the team play good ball, and I got lucky and won the JD- Paulie 300 bat :bandance:

JGarlandrules20
04-29-2009, 11:10 PM
That guy was sitting 2 rows in front of me and to the right, kind of a crazy dude. Great win today though nice to see the team play good ball, and I got lucky and won the JD- Paulie 300 bat :bandance:

Whaaat. Congrats! I wish I had that kind of luck.

manders_01
04-29-2009, 11:18 PM

Congrats! We wanna see it! Post pics please. :giverose:

DrCrawdad
04-29-2009, 11:33 PM
A couple weeks ago someone posted about FREE ESPN text alerts. I signed up for alerts whenever there is a change in the score of a Sox game. Today my phone was buzzing away at work. I thought it was the score going the wrong direction. Pleasant surprise when it was the Sox taking the lead and building on it a bit.

WIN SERIES!

palehozenychicty
04-29-2009, 11:39 PM
I'll take these two ugly wins. Seattle plays a lot like the Royals. Solid starters, reasonably good bullpen. They're a little more athletic in the field. Interesting team.

BadBobbyJenks
04-30-2009, 01:52 AM
All this negative talk about Linebrink and he has given up one run in 8 innings now. Our top 4 in the bullpen is as good as any in baseball.

I am worried about Floyd, I dont want to hear how he battled his behind off every game. Inconsistency of his curveball is maddening. Glad we wont have to see him in Texas.

BadBobbyJenks
04-30-2009, 01:55 AM
When these guys are on, they might be the best 7th, 8th and 9th in the MLB.

Might sound strange because he's a reliver, but I can't think of too many other pitchers who I enjoy watching more than Matt Thornton.

There is just something enjoyable about watching a guy throw 95 so effortlessly. He is probably my favorite pitcher other than Burls to watch in a White Sox uniform.

oeo
04-30-2009, 02:10 AM
All this negative talk about Linebrink and he has given up one run in 8 innings now. Our top 4 in the bullpen is as good as any in baseball.

I am worried about Floyd, I dont want to hear how he battled his behind off every game. Inconsistency of his curveball is maddening. Glad we wont have to see him in Texas.

I'm going to wait until it warms up before I make a judgment on Floyd. The one start where he really had everything working was indoors...other than that, he's been pitching in cold conditions.

soxfan21
04-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Congrats! We wanna see it! Post pics please. :giverose:

I'll try to post one later today, but it is one of Paulie's bats that is signed by Paulie and JD, and the number 300 is written by their names.

johnnyg83
04-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Off days after victories/series wins are great.