PDA

View Full Version : Thome could be headed to DL

thomas35forever
04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090429&content_id=4475414&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws
It would probably be a need to fill a roster spot as well as giving Thome rest.

esbrechtel
04-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Call up Pods

VeeckAsInWreck
04-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Is Brandon Allen ready to come up? I was impressed by him in ST.

doublem23
04-29-2009, 04:32 PM

I'd prefer he stayed in Birmingham this season, unless he's needed to spell someone for a very long time.

All aboard the Ben Broussard Express!

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-29-2009, 04:58 PM
I'd prefer he stayed in Birmingham this season, unless he's needed to spell someone for a very long time.

All aboard the Ben Broussard Express!

Can't. He was released. So if any 1B is called up, could be Phillips or Myrow. I wouldn't be surprised if Thome switches spots with Nix.

doublem23
04-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Can't. He was released. So if any 1B is called up, could be Phillips or Myrow. I wouldn't be surprised if Thome switches spots with Nix.

Boo-urns... I need to keep up with the Knights' transactions better.

oeo
04-29-2009, 05:48 PM

There's no reason to rush Allen up here.

I have no idea what they're going to do, however. Maybe Kroeger? He's been dreadful in Charlotte to this point, but he opened eyes in Spring Training.

Lillian
04-29-2009, 05:56 PM
It was nice to see Betemit with a couple of doubles today. I would guess that he is the left handed bat that will replace Thome, unless they can find someone out of the organization. This lineup needs one decent bat from the left side.

kittle42
04-29-2009, 06:18 PM
I have no idea what they're going to do, however. Maybe Kroeger? He's been dreadful in Charlotte to this point, but he opened eyes in Spring Training.

Spring Training was enough for some folks around here to start handing out Silver Slugger awards.

Marqhead
04-29-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm thinking whomever gets called up doesn't see much action anyways. Betemit will probably get the most ABs out of this while splitting time at 1B/DH with Konerko.

He has been brutal lately, but the two doubles today give me hope he can provide something in the lower half of the order.

BleacherBandit
04-29-2009, 06:57 PM
I was going to say, why not just use Konerko at DH and have Betemit play 1B? Seems like the most logical thing. Although Betemit hasn't been hitting consistantly, we haven't been playing him consistantly either.

soxinem1
04-29-2009, 07:03 PM
What about Kroger? He almost made the team.

JB98
04-29-2009, 07:06 PM
I was going to say, why not just use Konerko at DH and have Betemit play 1B? Seems like the most logical thing. Although Betemit hasn't been hitting consistantly, we haven't been playing him consistantly either.

I like Paulie's glove much, much better than Betemit's. I think Betemit is OK as a temporary DH while Thome gets healthy. He provides a left-handed stick and a little extra-base pop.