PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton to the DL?

jabrch
04-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Just in time...

Sockinchisox
04-29-2009, 01:10 PM
On the positive side the Sox will miss him, on the negative side my fantasy team is now in shambles.

chisox616
04-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I heard the Rangers weren't placing him on the DL, but instead just resting him for a few days.

Still, we won't see him...hopefully.

UofCSoxFan
04-29-2009, 03:03 PM
On the positive side the Sox will miss him, on the negative side my fantasy team is now in shambles.

I am now playing Rick Ankiel AND Willie Taveras in the OF everyday. Needless to say I'm trying to work out a trade.

salty99
04-29-2009, 03:53 PM
If he goes on the DL Greg Golson will get the call up.

TealTank
04-29-2009, 08:56 PM

That is not a positive. I would rather see each team at it's best, with all players healthy, when the Sox beat them.

Beating a shorthanded team is a very shallow victory, much like being a school yard bully.

gosox41
04-29-2009, 09:35 PM
That is not a positive. I would rather see each team at it's best, with all players healthy, when the Sox beat them.

Beating a shorthanded team is a very shallow victory, much like being a school yard bully.

That may be true true, but if it leads to more wins for the Sox then I could care less.

Bob

TealTank
04-30-2009, 01:51 AM
That may be true true, but if it leads to more wins for the Sox then I could care less.

Bob

You must have been a bully in school.

cws05champ
04-30-2009, 08:13 AM

Oh come off it, all teams have injuries and players hurt. It's not a shallow victory...it's a W over a 162 game schedule. You take as many wins as you can get no matter the circumstance of the other teams.

If you are playing a 5/7 game series and a team is missing a few of it's best players it may be a little different, but not during the regular season. Come to think of it, the Angels in 2005 were tired and banged up, and I didn't feel the slightest bit sorry that we wern't facing them at their best.

Marqhead
04-30-2009, 08:14 AM
The more important issue is that the Sox aren't at their best either.

Thome, Getz and BA are all out.