PDA

View Full Version : Game is Cancelled 4-27

SoxGirl4Life
04-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Straight DH tomorrow. First game, start at 4:05, second game, 30 minutes after the first one is over.

DirtySox
04-27-2009, 07:15 PM
*Wonders what channel the first game will be on*

NDSox12
04-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Glad to hear it's a true DH. I hate those day/night DHs.

palehozenychicty
04-27-2009, 07:20 PM
That's okay. It gives guys another day to rest up fresh wounds and they didn't have a good week. We can let the rain cleanse the team up.

kevingrt
04-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Anyone know what tickets are good? I will probably end up going now but just need to know what tickets I should buy off ebay or stubhub or through here.

LoveYourSuit
04-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Thank God I made no attempt to get out there today.

WhiteSox5187
04-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Ohhh!! Do you have to have tickets to both to get in? I have tix for tomorrow's game, will that work?

SoxGirl4Life
04-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Ohhh!! Do you have to have tickets to both to get in? I have tix for tomorrow's game, will that work?

I think that's the deal with a straight double header. Word from Gonzales is that Colon vs Jakaswatshisname is starting the first game, Danks vs Hernandez, the second game.

Shoeless_Jeff
04-27-2009, 07:56 PM
So... I have tickets for tomorrow night's game. Do I get into the second game? Both?

pdimas
04-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Hope I feel better tomorrow. I was feeling kind of crummy so I didn't go to the game with my dad and as expected he gave me **** for it. So I lucked out :D:. I should be there early for both games.

TDog
04-27-2009, 08:06 PM
When there were a lot of doubleheaders in major league baseball (the official baseball rules define a doubleheader as two games played for one admission, unless the definitions committee has changed it), the better pitchers generally started the first game. Sometimes Gary Peters started the game against the pitcher he matched up against best as a hitter.

It's up to the Mariners, really. I'm sure the White Sox will start Danks against Hernandez. The starters start warming up long before the lineup cards are turned in.

Unless things have changed with the collective bargaining agreement, players have to consent for teams to schedule two admissions on the same day. The fact that this game was not called earlier indicates the White Sox knew they were going to lose a gate.

Sockinchisox
04-27-2009, 08:17 PM
*Wonders what channel the first game will be on*

WCIU for Game 1, CSN+ for Game 2.

DirtySox
04-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Weak. I was hoping the first game would magically change to CSN or WGN. :(:

cnw8052
04-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Same here. This WCIU nonsense sucks.

It's fine they want to show some games locally over the air, but let CSN/WGN carry it on cable for the rest of us :angry:

kevingrt
04-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Ticket deal from how I understand it:

Tickets to Monday's game are not valid for the doubleheader. Now you can exchange the tickets for equal value sets to any future White Sox game including the double dip tomorrow.

Tickets to Tuesdays game are good for the full doubleheader.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090427&content_id=4452226&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

It's Dankerific
04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Ticket deal:

Tickets to Monday's game are not valid for the doubleheader. Now you can exchange the tickets for equal value sets to any future White Sox game including the double dip tomorrow.

Tickets to Tuesdays game are good for the full doubleheader.

Source?

kevingrt
04-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Source?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090427&content_id=4452226&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Sorry I forgot to include that.

It's Dankerific
04-27-2009, 08:41 PM

Sorry I forgot to include that.

Thanks, I needed to send that to a friend!

Rdy2PlayBall
04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
I have tickets for today's game. I get kicked out, what does that mean for me? Do I get to go tomorrow for both games, or neither? Does this mean my tickets are just coupons I can use at the box office for another day? :?:

NDSox12
04-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I have tickets for today's game. I get kicked out, what does that mean for me? Do I get to go tomorrow for both games, or neither? Does this mean my tickets are just coupons I can use at the box office for another day? :?:

Your last guess is correct... At least that's how it usually works.

Rdy2PlayBall
04-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Your last guess is correct... At least that's how it usually works.Alright. Thanks.

hi im skot
04-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Email from the Sox:

Tickets for the regularly scheduled game at 7:11 p.m. on April 28 are now good for both games tomorrow. Gates to the ballpark will open at 3:00 p.m.

DirtySox
04-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Hooray!

The Tribune calender has the first game on WGN, and the second on CSN+. Hope it's correct.

sox1970
04-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Hooray!

The Tribune calender has the first game on WGN, and the second on CSN+. Hope it's correct.

WCIU for Game 1. CSN+ for Game 2.

ChiSoxGirl
04-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Hooray!

WCIU for Game 1. CSN+ for Game 2.

During the sportscast on the 9p news, Dan Roan said WGN has the first game. :scratch:

sox1970
04-27-2009, 10:28 PM
During the sportscast on the 9p news, Dan Roan said WGN has the first game. :scratch:

The schedule on the Sox website hasn't been updated yet. I'll take your word for it.

SOXfnNlansing
04-27-2009, 11:20 PM
What is cool for me is I had patio party tonight. We got 2 hours in the patio and were then told to go home. Now I can turn in my parking and 2 tickets for a new game sometime this season. I'll take it, especially since they were 1/2 price tickets.

ewokpelts
04-27-2009, 11:48 PM
WGN produces the SOXNET/WCIU broadcasts.

My guess is they have the right to shift the telecast.

sox1970
04-28-2009, 07:56 AM
The schedule for Game 1 has both WCIU and WGN for TV.

chisoxfanatic
04-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Email from the Sox:

Tickets for the regularly scheduled game at 7:11 p.m. on April 28 are now good for both games tomorrow. Gates to the ballpark will open at 3:00 p.m.

Yea, I got that same email TODAY saying TOMORROW'S gonna be a doubleheader. How nice would it be for them to send an email that is updated and not confusing.

Anyways, what a great time to go to the ballpark for the first time this season. I will definitely be going to both games, as tonight's game is part of my season ticket plan!!! Sweet!

Viva Medias B's
04-28-2009, 09:33 AM
I just looked at the schedule (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws), and now it's showing CSN+ for Game 1 and WGN/WCIU for Game 2. Wasn't it the other way around before? In fact, they said on "Monsters in the Morning" that Game 2 would be on CSN+. I even went to far as to call the White Sox main number to find out what's going on, but they're not answering the phone (during what would be normal business hours) for whatever reason.

tebman
04-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Anyways, what a great time to go to the ballpark for the first time this season. I will definitely be going to both games, as tonight's game is part of my season ticket plan!!! Sweet!
Tuesday is the game I exchanged my opening-day tickets for. We can't get there until about 6:00, but that means we'll probably wander in during the 7th or 8th inning of the first game. We'll be just in time to see Bobby Jenks sewing up another save. :cool:

After the 30-minute intermission, we'll get to see Act II of the high drama that is White Sox baseball in the air of the frigid midwest. We were at Saturday's game and were underdressed for the cold -- I've lived here my whole life and don't remember a day when the temperature dropped from the 70s to 39. I think I singlehandedly kept the hot coffee concession in business Saturday night.

russ99
04-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Tuesday is the game I exchanged my opening-day tickets for.

Monday was for me, maybe the third time will be the charm.

Also, my exchanged tickets for last night have no face value, it's $0.00. So hopefully I can still exchange them...

ChiSoxFan81
04-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Monday was for me, maybe the third time will be the charm.

Also, my exchanged tickets for last night have no face value, it's $0.00. So hopefully I can still exchange them...

I had that issue last year too. We had vouchers for tickets that we used to go to the halfway to St. Pats game vs. the Tigers that was postponed. I went to the box office to exchange, and at first the lady said I was out of luck. After a short discussion, they allowed me to exchange them for another game.

sox1970
04-28-2009, 09:50 AM
I just looked at the schedule (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws), and now it's showing CSN+ for Game 1 and WGN/WCIU for Game 2. Wasn't it the other way around before? In fact, they said on "Monsters in the Morning" that Game 2 would be on CSN+. I even went to far as to call the White Sox main number to find out what's going on, but they're not answering the phone (during what would be normal business hours) for whatever reason.

I think that's wrong because now they also have Danks and Hernandez pitching Game 1. I still think the first game is on WGN/WCIU.

mrwaffle
04-28-2009, 10:06 AM
So does this mean that my Suite tickets that I had for the Monday game are no longer gonna get me suite access? And I would presume they can only be traded in for lesser value. That sucks

MeteorsSox4367
04-28-2009, 10:23 AM
We had a work gathering in the Miller Lite Extra Base suite in the LF corner. They let us stay until 8:15 and then that was it. I was looking forward to watching Danks pitch. Oh well.

At least the food in the suite was awesome. The brownies and chocolate chip cookies were incredible.

oeo
04-28-2009, 10:24 AM

I see you're in Iowa City. I'm going to assume that Bulls games are blacked out there (they are in Lafayette)? The only reason the Sox are on CSN+ is because of the Bulls. That means you should get the game on CSN, as long as the Bulls are blacked out.

chisoxfanatic
04-28-2009, 10:41 AM
We had a work gathering in the Miller Lite Extra Base suite in the LF corner. They let us stay until 8:15 and then that was it. I was looking forward to watching Danks pitch. Oh well.

At least the food in the suite was awesome. The brownies and chocolate chip cookies were incredible.
I'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed being able to watch the Hawks game instead. :cool:

I thought I'd pose the question in this thread, since it's about a PPD game as well...Were the Opening Day tickets only good for this month, or can we use them for any game this season?

DirtySox
04-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Nope.

Fortunately I get the Bulls games on CSN here. While I would prefer to watch the Sox, I don't mind missing a few games here and there due to the Bulls playoff run. They are fun to watch too.

oeo
04-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Nope.

Fortunately I get the Bulls games on CSN here. While I would prefer to watch the Sox, I don't mind missing a few games here and there due to the Bulls playoff run. They are fun to watch too.

Well, I get the best of both worlds since all the playoff games are on ESPN or TNT. :D:

Soxaredabest
04-28-2009, 11:32 AM
The Chubs are on WGN tonight at 8:30 so the Sox won't be on WGN for the night game.

Iwritecode
04-28-2009, 11:55 AM
The Chubs are on WGN tonight at 8:30 so the Sox won't be on WGN for the night game.

Tonight's scheduled game was supposed to be on CSN anway. It's the day game people can't seem to figure out.

SoxGirl4Life
04-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Tonight's scheduled game was supposed to be on CSN anway. It's the day game people can't seem to figure out.

Gonzales says the day game is WGN. Dont know if its updated recently though.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-28-white-sox-mariners-chicagapr28,0,4002553.story

Soxaredabest
04-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Per Reifert's Blog:

"First game will be televised by WGN, the second on CSN+ (because of Bulls Game 5). WSCR has both games as does WRTO radio (in Spanish)."

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

DumpJerry
04-28-2009, 01:07 PM
I thought I'd pose the question in this thread, since it's about a PPD game as well...Were the Opening Day tickets only good for this month, or can we use them for any game this season?
Just specific games (the current Seattle series being the last games. The other games were the other two Royal games in the opening series).

KenBerryGrab
04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Just specific games (the current Seattle series being the last games. The other games were the other two Royal games in the opening series).

They were good for Toronto as well, and the Friday night of the Minnesota series. We used our OD tickets for Sunday's game.

ChiSoxGirl
04-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Tuesday is the game I exchanged my opening-day tickets for. We can't get there until about 6:00, but that means we'll probably wander in during the 7th or 8th inning of the first game. We'll be just in time to see Bobby Jenks sewing up another save. :cool:

After the 30-minute intermission, we'll get to see Act II of the high drama that is White Sox baseball in the air of the frigid midwest. We were at Saturday's game and were underdressed for the cold -- I've lived here my whole life and don't remember a day when the temperature dropped from the 70s to 39. I think I singlehandedly kept the hot coffee concession in business Saturday night.

You and everyone else! I was also there on Saturday and only watched the first two innings from my seat. I watched the rest of the game on TV from a picnic table off the concourse near Sec. 110. The cold, damp, and wind were just unbearable and on top of that, I'm just now getting over a bad cold & cough that I got after coming back from Florida (:rolleyes:), and the last thing I needed was to sit out in the elements underdressed when I was feeling lousy to begin with. The only thing that saved me was the hoodie I grabbed and threw in my bag literally right before I left the house. And if nothing else, it saved me from dropping $75 on a sweatshirt I don't need in the gift shop! This weather's gotta break soon... right?! :(:

Did you freeze out there last night?