PDA

View Full Version : Scout Seats

dicanio
04-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Hi guys, I'm a White Sox fan from London, England. I have followed the Sox since i first attended a game 2004 and have made the trip across the pond every year since then to catch at a couple of games per season. I have sat all over the park but wanted to know if the scout seats are worth paying the $200-300 they are going for on stubhub? Are there any other ways that i could get them cheaper? Thanks in advance. Ryan

ewokpelts
04-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Yes, they are worth it.

Ebay or craigslist are good options.

You can also get the Jim Beam Club.

roylestillman
04-27-2009, 09:49 AM
I think face is $250, so if you find $200 go for them.

I went once as a guest of a friend and I can tell you it is a great experience. It is all inclusive and if you figure out what you save on food, beverage, parking and the best seats in the house its not that bad of a deal. Go early, bring your appetite and have a designated driver.

SoxFan78
04-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Also remember with the Scout seats you get unlimited food and drink until the 7th inning, which is never a bad thing!

Cat Thief
04-27-2009, 09:54 AM
IMO Jim Beam club is a better option.

skobabe8
04-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Also remember with the Scout seats you get unlimited food and drink until the 7th inning, which is never a bad thing!

Plus dessert!

I think they are worth it for $200.

DumpJerry
04-27-2009, 10:33 AM
IMO Jim Beam club is a better option.
I've been in both. It's a close call. Jim Beam has nicer seats, but you're removed from the ballpark crowd. Scout Seats have the unlimited ice cream and peanuts behind the seating area.

The food is the same.

Jim Beam has closer access to the restrooms.

Alexei4president
04-27-2009, 11:18 AM
i think if you only come to a couple games it is totally worth it:smile:

dicanio
04-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

nedlug
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Out of curiosity, how did you become interested in the White Sox?

And I agree, Scout Seats are the way to go :)

Cat Thief
04-27-2009, 03:36 PM
I've been in both. It's a close call. Jim Beam has nicer seats, but you're removed from the ballpark crowd. Scout Seats have the unlimited ice cream and peanuts behind the seating area.

The food is the same.

Jim Beam has closer access to the restrooms.

Better service in JB

DumpJerry
04-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Better service in JB
Given that there are fewer fans there, you're probably right because the servers have fewer people they are taking care of.

However, when I was in the JB Club, I felt like I was in a high-end sports bar with the world's largest and best HD television for the game (it was a night game). I did not feel like I was at a baseball game. In the Scout Seats, you feel like you're part of the crowd even though there is a brick wall holding the masses away from you.

guillensdisciple
04-27-2009, 05:24 PM
How do you get scout seats? I saw some available on stubhub, but they usually over-charge, so I was hoping I could order them off the White Sox website but have had no luck so far.

house215
04-27-2009, 07:34 PM
How do you get scout seats? I saw some available on stubhub, but they usually over-charge, so I was hoping I could order them off the White Sox website but have had no luck so far.

According to the Sox homepage: United Scout Seat ticket plans are offered on a full-season ticket basis only and require a multi-year commitment.

Lundind1
04-27-2009, 09:29 PM

Sometimes the prices drop day of game. StubHub usually closes the window 2 hours before game time. The Sox are sold out completely for the Scout seats. They start at $170 per seat.

According to the Sox homepage: United Scout Seat ticket plans are offered on a full-season ticket basis only and require a multi-year commitment.

If the economy keeps going the way it is, those are going to be sold individual game. I know that full season holders are eligible to request Beam Club seats already, single game.

parlaycard
04-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Scout seats can usually be found on Ebay, Stubhub, ticketsnow .com, etc, usually for little more than face value, $170 for non premium games.

Craigslist is a good place to pick them up the night before or the day of, usually for less than face.

I suggest buying them last minute, not only for the lower price, but you get to judge the weather, and it sucks to have them in advance and then have to sit in the rain after spending all that money.

Although im not sure what is worse, sitting through any random game in the rain, or last Fridays 14-0 debacle.

I would suggest getting there when the Scout bar opens up, to fully enjoy the experience. The buffet excellent and you never know who you will run into. Minnie Minoso and Ron kittle are regulars in the bar before the game. And I have seen Kenny Williams in there once.

skobabe8
04-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Scout seats can usually be found on Ebay, Stubhub, ticketsnow .com, etc, usually for little more than face value, $170 for non premium games.

Craigslist is a good place to pick them up the night before or the day of, usually for less than face.

I suggest buying them last minute, not only for the lower price, but you get to judge the weather, and it sucks to have them in advance and then have to sit in the rain after spending all that money.

Although im not sure what is worse, sitting through any random game in the rain, or last Fridays 14-0 debacle.

I would suggest getting there when the Scout bar opens up, to fully enjoy the experience. The buffet excellent and you never know who you will run into. Minnie Minoso and Ron kittle are regulars in the bar before the game. And I have seen Kenny Williams in there once.

That's easy. Let it rain.

ewokpelts
04-28-2009, 12:51 AM
Sometimes the prices drop day of game. StubHub usually closes the window 2 hours before game time. The Sox are sold out completely for the Scout seats. They start at $170 per seat.

If the economy keeps going the way it is, those are going to be sold individual game. I know that full season holders are eligible to request Beam Club seats already, single game.
scout seats are sold out.
jim beam club isnt.

that's why you dont get offers to buy scout seats from the sox direct.

dicanio
04-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Out of curiosity, how did you become interested in the White Sox?

And I agree, Scout Seats are the way to go :)
My Dad worked in Chicago for a few years in the mid 80's and decided to take the family there for a vacation. He had always enjoyed going to Comiskey and took me to a game. I remember the game vividly, i cant remember who we were playing, but Crede hit a walk off grand slam. I've had the White Sox bug ever since!

Ive been a fan longer than i thought, the game was in 2002!

parlaycard
04-28-2009, 07:39 AM
jim beam club isnt.

the main difference is Scout Seats are very good seats to watch the game.

The Jim Beam club is basically a seat in a skybox.

Some people like sitting in a skybox. Personally, i do not. If i want to sit on a couch and have the ability to watch the game on a tv, ill just stay at home.

Cat Thief
04-28-2009, 08:56 AM

Some people like sitting in a skybox. Personally, i do not. If i want to sit on a couch and have the ability to watch the game on a tv, ill just stay at home.

There are no couches in the JB Club. However ,they do have some nice tables with bar stools.

It's Dankerific
04-28-2009, 02:36 PM
jim beam club isnt.

just today I got an offer to buy scout seats from the sox direct....

DumpJerry
04-28-2009, 03:36 PM
just today I got an offer to buy scout seats from the sox direct....
.....as did I, being a ST holder.

chisox77
04-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Scout seats would be a nice perk/schmoozing tool.

ewokpelts
04-28-2009, 11:22 PM
just today I got an offer to buy scout seats from the sox direct....I know. It's almost as if someone from the sox was looking to make me look bad.

:reinsy:
Not I.

salty99
04-29-2009, 10:20 AM
I know. It's almost as if someone from the sox was looking to make me look bad.

:reinsy:
Not I.

Yes Gene that must be it!!! :scratch:

parlaycard
04-29-2009, 10:56 AM
In this economy the Sox are going to have a tough time selling the few scout seats that there are, as you have to sign a 3 year contract for those seats

Jerko
04-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes Gene that must be it!!! :scratch:

They must really want to make him look bad because they sent it to me twice!

salty99
04-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I got it twice as well. The second one had 2 attachments with it.

ChicagoHoosier
07-30-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm also debating splurging on Scout vs. Jim Beam. I've been lucky enough when I was previously a STH to get Scout Seats three times and they were awesome. So, I'm leaning towards Jim Beam Club just to try something new, but afraid I'll be disappointed being further from the field for that price.

Anyone have any other opinion on why Scout vs. Jim Beam is better. And, what is the face value for Jim Beam club for a regular game? I'm targeting the Royals series Aug 17-19 and they appear to be $225 or more anywhere I look.

Brian26
07-30-2009, 10:31 PM

Jim Beam Club seats are just as good if not better than Scout Seats. Being elevated right behind home plate gives you a better read on flyballs and pop-ups.

soxfanreggie
07-30-2009, 11:32 PM
That's it, all this talk has made me decide I'm just going to have to save up for Scout Seats/JB seats when I get done with this assignment.

Y'all really had to twist my arm on this one! :D:

BoysMom3
07-30-2009, 11:49 PM
My husband and I just went to our very first scout-seat-game a week ago Tues. against the Rays. One of the best experiences I've ever had in my life. Totally worth every cent. I don't know if I'd like the JB nearly as much because you're behind glass, right? We sat in the 5th row, and it was the best!!!!!! Go for it and have a great time, Dicanio!

parlaycard
07-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Jim Beam Club seats are just as good if not better than Scout Seats. Being elevated right behind home plate gives you a better read on flyballs and pop-ups.

Jim Beam Club seats ARE NOT just as good as Scout seats

Jim Beam club seats are like skybox seats.

Scout seats are directly home plate, close to the field

are far as a good seat to watch a baseball game, the seats are not even comparable really.

theres a reason seats on the main level at every single ballpark in america cost more than lets say a club level or comparable seat. its because they ARE better seats.

Now if you prefer to be in a box, with a tv next to you that you can watch the game on and instand replays, thats fine. some people might prefer to sit in a box.

But please dont tell people that the seats are as good or better because they are not.

hi im skot
07-31-2009, 12:31 AM

are far as a good seat to watch a baseball game, the seats are not even comparable really.

theres a reason seats on the main level at every single ballpark in america cost more than lets say a club level or comparable seat. its because they ARE better seats.

Now if you prefer to be in a box, with a tv next to you that you can watch the game on and instand replays, thats fine. some people might prefer to sit in a box.

But please dont tell people that the seats are as good or better because they are not.

It's all a matter of opinion. Some people curse the upper deck, but I love it.

:shrug:

GoGoCrede
07-31-2009, 12:33 AM
It's all a matter of opinion. Some people curse the upper deck, but I love it.

:shrug:

My friends give me weird looks when I say I love it up there. I like seeing the entire field. And I'm a cheapskate. And I'm short so it's nice not having my view obstructed.

DumpJerry
07-31-2009, 01:03 AM

True. Much, much better view of the game.

My husband and I just went to our very first scout-seat-game a week ago Tues. against the Rays. One of the best experiences I've ever had in my life. Totally worth every cent. I don't know if I'd like the JB nearly as much because you're behind glass, right? We sat in the 5th row, and it was the best!!!!!! Go for it and have a great time, Dicanio!

No glass unless it is freezing cold.

Completely false on a factual basis. They are not at all like a skybox. Like Scout Seats, they are directly behind Home. They do not compare to Scout Seats for watching a game...they are better-you can see what happens in the outfield much more easily.

In the JBC you are not in a "box" or anything resembling a box. I've been in skyboxes (200 and 400 level), JBC and Scout Seats and, trust me, the JBC does not resemble a "box" any more than the bleachers resemble a "box."

Finally, the main level seats in all MLB parks are not the most expensive. Those would be the skyboxes/luxury seats like JBC. JBC tickets are more expensive than Scout Seats.

BoysMom3
07-31-2009, 01:18 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, DumpJerry. I would have to try the JB experience myself before I could give my opinion then. But the scout seats ruled for feeling so close to the game and a part of it. I loved being able to look right over at the dugout and see the players so easily.

#1swisher
07-31-2009, 02:50 PM
True. Much, much better view of the game.

No glass unless it is freezing cold.

Completely false on a factual basis. They are not at all like a skybox. Like Scout Seats, they are directly behind Home. They do not compare to Scout Seats for watching a game...they are better-you can see what happens in the outfield much more easily.

In the JBC you are not in a "box" or anything resembling a box. I've been in skyboxes (200 and 400 level), JBC and Scout Seats and, trust me, the JBC does not resemble a "box" any more than the bleachers resemble a "box."

Finally, the main level seats in all MLB parks are not the most expensive. Those would be the skyboxes/luxury seats like JBC. JBC tickets are more expensive than Scout Seats.

You forgot the most important difference...Southpaw sitting on your lap in the 5th inning, priceless:cool:

ChicagoHoosier
07-31-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm seeing that we're not comparing an apple to an apple. Scout seats are closer to the action, you see the players up close. JB seats are a better overall view of the game, but further from the action, pitcher, hitter, etc.

Since I've done Scout three times, I'll go JB and report back just to get a new experience. Thanks for the info everyone!

Jerko
07-31-2009, 03:00 PM
They are both nice. Kinda like hockey. was "on the glass" for a few games, and seeing how fast those guys are up close, or a bone-crunching check right in front of you, is awesome, but you can see the whole game better from the 200-300 level.

SephClone89
07-31-2009, 03:11 PM
My friends give me weird looks when I say I love it up there. I like seeing the entire field. And I'm a cheapskate. And I'm short so it's nice not having my view obstructed.

Yeah, I really enjoy the upper deck as well. They're affordable, especially if you go with StubHub! Only thing is that the atmosphere isn't as good up there.

soxfanreggie
07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Upper Deck behind the plate is a great view, especially after they put the latest Jumbotron in. I had a great time up there and some friends who had never been up there before LOVED it. They said they would go back anytime for a game. It was back when the seats up there on half-priced Mondays were like $9.

kittle42
02-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but it's right on target. From my reading of the Sox website, policies in the scout seating section may have changed - it reads to me like complimentary food and beverages now only apply to the pregame and not through the 7th inning. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/premium_seating_scout.jsp

Cat Thief
02-23-2010, 04:30 PM
It's still the same.

BeefyD
02-27-2010, 10:13 PM
If I remember correctly, last year, as a partial season ticket holder, we got an email about buying Jim Beam club tickets for a game or two.

Meixner007
05-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I've always wondered what happens in the event of a cancelled game. Let's say it gets rained out, can you come back and do it all over again when the game is made up?

soxlady8
05-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I usually see them go down in price on Stub Hub the closer it gets to game time. They seem to be really reasonable when the weather is in question --

I live kinda close to the park , so it would be doable for me to do this in the future (hopefully )--

I was wondering what kind of food /beverages they serve ???

DumpJerry
05-04-2010, 06:32 PM
I was wondering what kind of food /beverages they serve ???
Fully stocked bar like you would find anywhere. The food is higher end. Prime Rib, Salmon, pastas, roasted veggies, etc.

dickallen15
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM

Actually, club level seats are the same price or higher than the boxes. I prefer Jim Beam over Scout for 2 reasons. One, you don't have to look through the net the entire game. Two, the restrooms are a lot closer. I think the view is pretty sweet. You are right below the broadcasts booths which are right below JR's box. To each their own, but I guarantee you there are more than a couple people who would think Jim Beam club offers a better view of the baseball game than the scout seats.

DumpJerry
05-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Actually, club level seats are the same price or higher than the boxes. I prefer Jim Beam over Scout for 2 reasons. One, you don't have to look through the net the entire game. Two, the restrooms are a lot closer. I think the view is pretty sweet. You are right below the broadcasts booths which are right below JR's box. To each their own, but I guarantee you there are more than a couple people who would think Jim Beam club offers a better view of the baseball game than the scout seats.
I've sat in both. I would never turn down an offer for either one. They both have pluses over the other, but the bottom line is both are verrrrry nice.

Same food and drink at both.

dickallen15
05-04-2010, 07:11 PM
I've sat in both. I would never turn down an offer for either one. They both have pluses over the other, but the bottom line is both are verrrrry nice.

Same food and drink at both.

I agree, I hope my post isn't coming off as a slam for the Scout seats. If someone said they had an extra, I would be there in a heartbeat. I just prefer the Jim Beam Club. Of course I normally sit in the club level so there may be some prejudice involved.

DumpJerry
05-04-2010, 11:48 PM
I agree, I hope my post isn't coming off as a slam for the Scout seats. If someone said they had an extra, I would be there in a heartbeat. I just prefer the Jim Beam Club. Of course I normally sit in the club level so there may be some prejudice involved.
I did not take as a slam of the SS. If the weather is crap, but the game is being played, then the JBC is a clear winner. In the SS, you would have to watch on the television in the lounge.

If it is a sunny day, the SS are nicer (I think) because you're part of the crowd. My main complaint about the JBC is that it feels more like a high-end sports bar with the best HD television in the world (my only time there was at night, a day game might look different).

Dibbs
05-05-2010, 12:51 AM
I did not take as a slam of the SS. If the weather is crap, but the game is being played, then the JBC is a clear winner. In the SS, you would have to watch on the television in the lounge.

If it is a sunny day, the SS are nicer (I think) because you're part of the crowd. My main complaint about the JBC is that it feels more like a high-end sports bar with the best HD television in the world (my only time there was at night, a day game might look different).

I agree with not feeling a part of the crowd. I would rather be in the scout seats, although I dislike the net in your view. I have been in the suite on the exact opposite side of where I think Jerry's suite is, and I usually wish I was part of the crowd...at least when it is an intense game.

WhiffleBall
05-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Speaking of Scout Seats, there is an article in the Southtown about the M&M jacket guy (George Jacobs). He got those seats because the previous occupants did not want to pay the high Scout Seat price.
He pays $84,240 per year for 4 scout seats! I understand that he uses the tickets to schmooze clients and what not but that is still a hell of a lot of money for tickets.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/tridgell/2235842,050510tridgell.article