PDA

View Full Version : Cubs lose Lee

JermaineDye05
04-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Left the game today "due to an injured neck/shoulder" per gameday. No word on how serious it was. It'll be interesting to see what they do if they lose him for an extended period of time.

munchman33
04-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Blessing in disguise for them. Lee is done.

CHISOXFAN13
04-26-2009, 02:58 PM
It's pretty obvious what they will do. Hoffbauer will be the first baseman.

JermaineDye05
04-26-2009, 03:00 PM
It's pretty obvious what they will do. Hoffbauer will be the first baseman.

Yeah, most likely. I just wonder how many runs they'll give up missing Lee's defense.

WhiteSox1989
04-26-2009, 03:00 PM
That's unfortunate for Lee, I really like him.

russ99
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
That's unfortunate for Lee, I really like him.

He's the one Cubs player I really respect. I hope it's not too serious.

That said, I hope that punk Ramirez is on the DL a long time.

WhiteSox1989
04-26-2009, 03:20 PM
He's the one Cubs player I really respect. I hope it's not too serious.

That said, I hope that punk Ramirez is on the DL a long time.

Exactly how I feel.

I hate Ramirez.

central44
04-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Me too--i'll never forget that walk-off last year.

central44
04-26-2009, 04:52 PM
The Sox weren't supposed to win this one due to the pitching matchup, and they made it interesting. They played well considering they were facing a guy who could easily be considered the top pitcher in the AL. Not too much to be upset about here. Yeah, it sucks to lose at home, but if they can play like they did today every single day, there's no reason to think they can't contend.

I'm trying to figure out how I managed to post this here. This was supposed to be in the post-game thread...

southside rocks
04-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Milton Bradley will play first base and carry the team for the next 6 weeks.

Oh wait, I meant to say:

Milton Bradley will play first base and carry the team for the next 6 weeks.

cws05champ
04-26-2009, 11:38 PM
...and the "experts" weighing in on the Cubs faults after most of them were picking the Cubs to go to the Series. Still early but they have some major flaws just as most other teams do.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4101870&name=olney_buster&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4101870%26name%3dolne y_buster

Nellie_Fox
04-27-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm trying to figure out how I managed to post this here. This was supposed to be in the post-game thread...I'll move it.

oeo
04-27-2009, 01:36 AM
...and the "experts" weighing in on the Cubs faults after most of them were picking the Cubs to go to the Series. Still early but they have some major flaws just as most other teams do.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4101870&name=olney_buster&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4101870%26name%3dolne y_buster

Once again, if they were going to finally win a World Series, last year was the year to do it. Everything bounced their way all year, and then they choked in the playoffs against an inferior team. You rarely get that lucky two years in a row.

ChiSoxFan81
04-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Once again, if they were going to finally win a World Series, last year was the year to do it. Everything bounced their way all year, and then they choked in the playoffs against an inferior team. You rarely get that lucky two years in a row.

I agree. It's hard enough to win your division twice in a row, let alone 3 years. I know it's early, but all the "experts" around here had the Cubs already winning the division handily with no competition, and were only worried if they would win a game or series in the playoffs this year. Typical Cub crap, acting like they're entitled. I picked St. Louis to win the division, and have the Cubs out of the playoffs. I know its early yet, but so far I'm beating the "experts".

SOXPHILE
04-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Even though Lee is struggling this year, this is going to hurt them. Yes, Houffpaur has been doing O.K., but he is a plug in. He's not an everyday player. Like DeWayne Wise, there's a reason he a career minor leaguer.

doublem23
04-27-2009, 10:54 AM
I agree. It's hard enough to win your division twice in a row, let alone 3 years. I know it's early, but all the "experts" around here had the Cubs already winning the division handily with no competition, and were only worried if they would win a game or series in the playoffs this year. Typical Cub crap, acting like they're entitled. I picked St. Louis to win the division, and have the Cubs out of the playoffs. I know its early yet, but so far I'm beating the "experts".

The NL Central is pretty terrible, though, and while the Cardinals have rolled out of the gate, they've got some serious pitching questions.

That said, this Cubs team does not resemble the team they had last year that looked unbeatable in the National League. They've got some real problems right now. Last year was definitely their year to cash in all that bad karma and they blew it. Yeah, sometimes teams get lucky, catch a break and win a year they "shouldnt" but if the Cubs would have gotten to the World Series (at least) in 2008 it would have made sense, now, they're going to need some help. They're no longer the clear favorite in the NL, at least 2-3 teams have caught up with them.

JermaineDye05
04-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Even though Lee is struggling this year, this is going to hurt them. Yes, Houffpaur has been doing O.K., but he is a plug in. He's not an everyday player. Like DeWayne Wise, there's a reason he a career minor leaguer.

I don't think it's fair to compare Houffpauir to Wise.

Yes, they're both career minor leaguers but the difference is that one of them actually has a track record of hitting well.